It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

www.cheapshark.com
GameRager: The new edition is just a money grab by the Ip holders(And possibly done to promote future titles....aren't they making a new BG game, btw?), and is only worthwhile for those who don't have the game already.
orcishgamer: Well, if one wants it on mobile, it's probably a good deal, the current PC edition seems greedy to me, though.
Why would anyone want to play an old-school RPG on a mobile? 0.o
keeveek: The word on the street is that this new version is still horribly bugged and causes a lot of problems, so I don't know :P
Detlik: Definitely pass then, when it will be on sale on GOG I will rather give my friend GOG edition of BG1+2 with reference to BG forums for mods.

GameRager: snip
Detlik: I am aware of that, especially mods such as BG tutu, I was just curious about the new edition
To be fair to the BGEE, they seem pretty dedicated to fixing it up. That doesn't make up for how they released it, but I do appreciate effort.

And they're adding new features and things players are requesting. So a tleast they're listening. Looks liek the last patch added five new kits that I think are entirely new: Dwarven Defender, Dragon Disciple, Dark Moon Monk, Shadowdancer & Sun Soul Monk.
Hawk52: To be fair to the BGEE, they seem pretty dedicated to fixing it up. That doesn't make up for how they released it, but I do appreciate effort.

And they're adding new features and things players are requesting. So a tleast they're listening. Looks liek the last patch added five new kits that I think are entirely new: Dwarven Defender, Dragon Disciple, Dark Moon Monk, Shadowdancer & Sun Soul Monk.
Kits? You mean like races/starting classes/etc?
Hawk52: To be fair to the BGEE, they seem pretty dedicated to fixing it up. That doesn't make up for how they released it, but I do appreciate effort.

GameRager: Kits? You mean like races/starting classes/etc?
Kits in this game are variations on the starting classes.
GameRager: Kits? You mean like races/starting classes/etc?
Rodzaju: Kits in this game are variations on the starting classes.
Thx....I wonder if they did some awesome classic style art for them. :D

(Remember all the amazing art for the inventory items....good times.)
orcishgamer: Well, if one wants it on mobile, it's probably a good deal, the current PC edition seems greedy to me, though.
GameRager: Why would anyone want to play an old-school RPG on a mobile? 0.o
Because some people spend a lot of time away from home and they work really well with a touch interface.
orcishgamer: Because some people spend a lot of time away from home and they work really well with a touch interface.
Seriously? Imo they play best with a mouse/keyboard......and c'mon, how immersed can one get while playing on their phone/tablet while running to/from various errands?
orcishgamer: Because some people spend a lot of time away from home and they work really well with a touch interface.
GameRager: Seriously? Imo they play best with a mouse/keyboard......and c'mon, how immersed can one get while playing on their phone/tablet while running to/from various errands?
Ever sat on a light rail train or bus for 30+ minutes? Very immersed. I've missed my stop while reading a book. Waiting in a doctor's office is boring as fuck as is waiting in a restaurant. If you're out and about there's plenty of chances to grab a bit of gaming while waiting for life to recommence.
I have nothing against people who game on a tablet, but one cannot argue multiplatform development doesn't impact games. The icons will be a little larger, the menus a little more listy, the combat perhaps a little slower. People deny to this day basing a shooter on an analog stick impacts design though, so it doesn't surprise me Orcish and others claim tablet development is a 100% win.
Post edited March 24, 2013 by StingingVelvet
ne_zavarj: Funny to see the game on the second place of the top sellers list on Steam .
and its only there because its at a price it should have been released at....only reason I'm half considering it for my tablet.otherwise no thanks
carnival73: GetGamesGo

Tomb Raider Legend for $2.50 can anyone confirm if "Account Activation" means "Steam"?

I've noticed that Underworld is Steam but GGG also listed it as such.

Also if anyone can beat GGG for both Underworld and Legend let me know -- Willing to trade.
fwiw tomb raider legend, anniversary and underworld were 2.50 each during the steam Xmas sale just past
definitely if your travelling or away for a while.or bored waiting lol.mobile phone is way too small to play anything except most casual games imho. too small for reading ebooks for extended periods too
Post edited March 24, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: definitely if your travelling or away for a while.or bored waiting lol.mobile phone is way too small to play anything except most casual games imho. too small for reading ebooks for extended periods too
This....unless one owns a tablet, most phones are too small to enjoy playing such games with/on.
StingingVelvet: I have nothing against people who game on a tablet, but one cannot argue multiplatform development doesn't impact games. The icons will be a little larger, the menus a little more listy, the combat perhaps a little slower. People deny to this day basing a shooter on an analog stick impacts design though, so it doesn't surprise me Orcish and others claim tablet development is a 100% win.
Who said the UI has to be the same? Ideally the interface should be abstracted, in fact it's typically very poor design to not do so (not gonna argue that a lot of game devs are just as shitty as any other kind of dev, but if their architects and team leads can't handle that they fucking suck).

The only way mobile development should affect anything else is a choked pipeline (i.e. different art assets have to be produced by a rather small team), much of this can be mitigated with experience.

I won't lie, I secretly suspect a lot of people in game development are so used to optimization that they are actually very bad at the opposite, which when resources are not constrained should be what they're doing. Even in game development they don't all agree, for example, see the various opinions of the Doom III source code and what people think vs. what Carmack thinks (for the record, as amazing as Carmack is, I don't think he's right on all counts, some of the critics are "right").

If you have separate mobile testers and developers working on the mobile UI, how exactly would mobile affect PC dev? It really shouldn't. I'm not saying it never does, but I am saying if it does the team has most likely made a mistake.
nijuu: definitely if your travelling or away for a while.or bored waiting lol.mobile phone is way too small to play anything except most casual games imho. too small for reading ebooks for extended periods too
GameRager: This....unless one owns a tablet, most phones are too small to enjoy playing such games with/on.
Not even remotely true, phones are actually more powerful than the computers those games were released on, they frequently can do things that the desktops of the day couldn't, like really great zoom and splitting the UI (e.g. for source of effect and target). Even so, 7 inch tablets are extremely common around here. Yes, I live in a tech heavy city but a lot of people own the Kindle Fire, or even more powerful 7 inch tablets, which is pretty capable compared to these games' needs. Yes, 10 inch tablets are kind of an exclusive club, even today, but 7 inchers are straight up fucking amazing and really common. My 10 inch iPad gen 4 probably has a way better screen resolution that 95% of the folks on this forum. The battery is fucking enormous, I could literally stream video for 8 hours straight (okay, really I'm guesstimating, the fucker never needs to charge and I use it a lot for battery straining applications).

As well, 5 inch phones with IPS panels are becoming more common (these types of panels are likely vastly superior to your LCD montior's panel, because you probably have a T/N panel). Mobile RPG gaming is straight up fucking awesome. I understand it's a complete waste if you don't have any time holding your dick when you could be gaming, but if you have the requisite dick-holding time in your daily routine, yeah, it rocks.
Post edited March 24, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Who said the UI has to be the same?
Years and years of experience have shown us that developers go for a middleground-functional-on-everything approach, rather than specific systems tailored to each platform.
orcishgamer: Not even remotely true, phones are actually more powerful than the computers those games were released on, they frequently can do things that the desktops of the day couldn't, like really great zoom and splitting the UI (e.g. for source of effect and target). Even so, 7 inch tablets are extremely common around here. Yes, I live in a tech heavy city but a lot of people own the Kindle Fire, or even more powerful 7 inch tablets, which is pretty capable compared to these games' needs. Yes, 10 inch tablets are kind of an exclusive club, even today, but 7 inchers are straight up fucking amazing and really common. My 10 inch iPad gen 4 probably has a way better screen resolution that 95% of the folks on this forum. The battery is fucking enormous, I could literally stream video for 8 hours straight (okay, really I'm guesstimating, the fucker never needs to charge and I use it a lot for battery straining applications).

As well, 5 inch phones with IPS panels are becoming more common (these types of panels are likely vastly superior to your LCD montior's panel, because you probably have a T/N panel). Mobile RPG gaming is straight up fucking awesome. I understand it's a complete waste if you don't have any time holding your dick when you could be gaming, but if you have the requisite dick-holding time in your daily routine, yeah, it rocks.
By phones I was talking about PHONES.....as in sub 5 inch screen phones.

And no, mobile RPG gaming is sub-par dreck compared to playing on a LARGE screen(over 15 inches) with a mouse/keyboard. :P
Post edited March 24, 2013 by GameRager