It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: It's also Postal Weekend on GG
Also Postal 3 is 70% off on GG. for €$9
I really want to get Postal 2 now. If I were to buy it from GG, would I get a Steam key included?
MorphysLaw: I really want to get Postal 2 now. If I were to buy it from GG, would I get a Steam key included?
No .
uqblf: Fair enough. ;) Guess the newest one still sells good enough not to get a higher discount. Otherwise I would have expected a better deal especially from Amazon.
One can always hope :P
grviper: Have the pre-order figures dropped that badly? What's up with this bioshock pushing?
Yep, that's quite remarkable. Possible reasons include:

1. The game is so bad that the publisher hands out consolation presents pre-emptively.

2. The recent launch disasters (Colonial Marines, SimCity), and the "don't pre-order" campaign from some reviewers, made the customers cautious enough to let the number of pre-orders drop a substantial amount beyond the publisher's expectations.

3. The game will be sold with a ton of necessary DLC, and the publisher is applying "inkjet printer pricing".

4. The publisher just wants to be nice and give gamers some free stuff (well, perhaps in an alternate universe ... ;) )
Psyringe: 3. The game will be sold with a ton of necessary DLC, and the publisher is applying "inkjet printer pricing".
Isn't the Seasoned Ass $20 on Amazon?
A Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend will take place between Thursday, 21 March and Sunday, 24 March. During this free weekend, which is PAX week, NS2 will be 50% off!
Psyringe: 3. The game will be sold with a ton of necessary DLC, and the publisher is applying "inkjet printer pricing".
grviper: Isn't the Seasoned Ass $20 on Amazon?
Yes

And if you buy it from Amazon the $30 game credit can't be used towards it.
I doubt the Bioshock stuff has any horror behind it. Amazon simply matched the Steam XCOM deal and then everyone else upped the game. Remember, publishers get so much more from digital distribution on PC compared to console revenue... they can afford to lose some to get pre-orders up.

Though I do think there is potential for failure with Infinite. For one thing despite Bioshock being a hit 6 years ago its sales numbers would be considered disappointing today. For another it's been a long and expensive development for sure, anything other than a massive sales blockbuster could lose them money.
Fictionvision: And if you buy it from Amazon the $30 game credit can't be used towards it.
*insert a pic of that girl from BS: Infinite photoshopped into a trollface*
Psyringe: Yep, that's quite remarkable. Possible reasons include:

1. The game is so bad that the publisher hands out consolation presents pre-emptively.

2. The recent launch disasters (Colonial Marines, SimCity), and the "don't pre-order" campaign from some reviewers, made the customers cautious enough to let the number of pre-orders drop a substantial amount beyond the publisher's expectations.

3. The game will be sold with a ton of necessary DLC, and the publisher is applying "inkjet printer pricing".

4. The publisher just wants to be nice and give gamers some free stuff (well, perhaps in an alternate universe ... ;) )
5. Free advertising for XCOM . Reason : the game isn't that popular than the publisher expected .
Post edited March 21, 2013 by ne_zavarj
Anyone mentioned the Still Life Bundle at Indiegala Store?

$1 SL 1
$4 + SL2 and Post Mortem
-$1 if you have the Dwarf Bundle

next 5 days:
http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/the-still-life-bundle.html
grviper: Have the pre-order figures dropped that badly? What's up with this bioshock pushing?
I am shocked that prices on a game that hasn't even dropped yet have plummeted so low as well. 0.o
Gourpees BAB5 is live
Build from:
- Storm in a Teacup
- Manhunter
- Marvin's Mittens
- Dawnstar
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus
- Nethergate: Resurrection
- Spellforce - Platinum Edition
- Lume
- Dawning
Post edited March 21, 2013 by dyscode