It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greenmangaming deals:

Saturday 29th December

75% off Spec Ops: The Line
75% off Renegade Ops
75% off Crusader Kings 2

Sunday 30th December

85% Off Civ 5 Gods and Kings
I am curious about the Assassin Creed games from amazon. DO they activate on uplay with the key like steam/origin games?
mefet: I am curious about the Assassin Creed games from amazon. DO they activate on uplay with the key like steam/origin games?
You have to download the game through amazon and then when you first start it after installing it, it will go through the uPlay process, if you do not have uPlay yet it will also install it otherwise it will just open up uPlay and then activate the game and download any updates.
mefet: I am curious about the Assassin Creed games from amazon. DO they activate on uplay with the key like steam/origin games?
misfire200: You have to download the game through amazon and then when you first start it after installing it, it will go through the uPlay process, if you do not have uPlay yet it will also install it otherwise it will just open up uPlay and then activate the game and download any updates.
There's actually a way to activate keys on uplay.
A couple of days ago, someone in this thread provided these links which explain the process:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/14k8zj/ubisoft_ubipgw10_10_euro_voucher_again_works_in/c7dwcp5

http://pastebin.com/DvBers4a

I tested this with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and it does work like a charm.
misfire200: You have to download the game through amazon and then when you first start it after installing it, it will go through the uPlay process, if you do not have uPlay yet it will also install it otherwise it will just open up uPlay and then activate the game and download any updates.
cich: There's actually a way to activate keys on uplay.
A couple of days ago, someone in this thread provided these links which explain the process:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/14k8zj/ubisoft_ubipgw10_10_euro_voucher_again_works_in/c7dwcp5

Very nice, i will have to keep that bookmarked for future reference
etna87: I suppose you already mailed their support about this and did not receive an answer yet? Maybe some refunds got lost in the chaos (it appears that other people have been refunded in the same situation, after all).
bansama: They aren't responding to emails. Nor can I access their support site. So I've started a dispute with Paypal. If that costs GG additional money, tough shit.
Actually, it won't cost GG anything extra. Either you'll get your refund when you were going to get it anyway, and Paypal will judge it resolved when they look at it, or GG will see that they don't need to go ahead with your refund because Paypal will give it to you in a couple of weeks instead, saving them a bit of effort and delaying your refund considerably. ;)

I can't think of an adjective that doesn't sound somehow insulting when describing someone who jumps to a Paypal Dispute after a few hours. :) It sounds like this is your first ever refund, though, so in future, perhaps bear in mind that refunds can occasionally take a day or three. Sometimes even a week!

Just because we sit at our computers 24/7 expecting instantaneous answers and results doesn't mean that RL has to do that, too.
PenguinJim: I can't think of an adjective that doesn't sound somehow insulting when describing someone who jumps to a Paypal Dispute after a few hours. :) It sounds like this is your first ever refund, though, so in future, perhaps bear in mind that refunds can occasionally take a day or three. Sometimes even a week!
Actually, no. Not my first refund. Usually GG respond within hours. Even over the holidays. The fact that didn't provide any notification is why I decided to initiate a Paypal dispute -- and according to Paypal's help files, they can charge GG a "fine" if they fail to respond.

As for adjective choices, I'm applying the same insulting choices to a company that decides to remove a game and NOT provide a refund at the same time.

And FYI even when a refund takes a few days, companies generally have the good manners to send you an email immediately.
bansama: Actually, no. Not my first refund. Usually GG respond within hours. Even over the holidays. The fact that didn't provide any notification is why I decided to initiate a Paypal dispute -- and according to Paypal's help files, they can charge GG a "fine" if they fail to respond.
GG respond within hours?! You're damn lucky!!! My issue with them in November had four-day turnarounds! As people at the CAG forums and other forums have reported, GG support is good but slow. And even if "hours" was a normal response time, if you're expecting responses within hours during an obvious GG crisis AND in the days between Christmas and New Year... expect away!

I didn't think you'd looked at Paypal's dispute files, as they clearly say "Before you open a dispute, we recommend you contact the seller directly and try to resolve the issue. This is often faster and less contentious than filing a dispute." But... why bother? GG BAD BANSAMA ANGRY
Final Fantasy VII is on for $5.99 at the Square Enix Store (Has rather draconian DRM, especially for a game whose primary target audience is their longtime loyal fanbase... but someone might be interested.)

And for those of you with PSPs, it looks like they're clearing out some stock, UMDs with free shipping to the US lower 48:

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - $9.99
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of The Lions - $4.99

And a bunch more.
Post edited December 29, 2012 by schmea
schmea: Final Fantasy VII is on for $5.99 at the Square Enix Store (Has rather draconian DRM, especially for a game whose primary target audience is their longtime loyal fanbase... but someone might be interested.)
They've clearly invested heavily in this new and innovative title and need to protect their investment!
cich: There's actually a way to activate keys on uplay.

Actually tried this a while ago and couldnt get my FC3 key from gamestop sale to work :/
PenguinJim: GG respond within hours?! You're damn lucky!!!
So how do contact the seller directly when (a) they no longer monitor their email address, and (b) their support site remains unreachable?

And yes. GG have always respond within hours. Most I've waited for an initial non-automated response is about 12 hours. Steam on the hand... I've waited over 2 years ;)
PenguinJim: GG respond within hours?! You're damn lucky!!!
bansama: So how do contact the seller directly when (a) they no longer monitor their email address, and (b) their support site remains unreachable?
How many working days ago did you email them?
schmea: Final Fantasy VII is on for $5.99 at the Square Enix Store (Has rather draconian DRM, especially for a game whose primary target audience is their longtime loyal fanbase... but someone might be interested.)
WARNING! This DRM is really bad! Not because of the activation key or the required internet connection at startup... That's just "business as usual". The worse thing about their DRM, is the "service" they've added -> non-optional cloud saves -.-

Squeenix' cloud system is down very often. No problem... The game offers you to make local savegames if the servers are down. But this is where the problems begin. Sometimes the game needs up to 10 minutes to realise that it can't connect to the cloud servers. Every time you wan't to save your game you're staring at your "empty memory card slots", waiting that the game let you save locally... This will happen faster if you disconnect your PC from the internet AFTER starting the game.

The second big problem with Squeenix cloud system is even worse. It's totally unpredictable! Sometimes it'll download your saves when you open up the loading screen. That's not a bad thing... if the cloud servers worked the last time you've saved your progress -.- It really starts to suck when you play on two different computers (that's what cloud saves were made for, no?). It'll act totally random. If you're lucky it just won't load the saves from your other computer. Pray that it doesn't overwrite your cloud saves with your old local savegames from your now connected computer. And even when you only play on one single computer you're not safe. There were a lot of people who lost hours of progress because the game loaded up some very old savegames. Some people even lost their whole savegames because the system lost the cloud saves and deleted the local ones (synching is great!).

If you want to play this game, there's one important thing to do: Copy your effing savegames to another folder every single time BEFORE you start up the game. I only lost two hours of progress but others lost their entire saves due to Squeenix' buggy system.

There's one detail that'll let you guess how f*cked up this game can be. On the official Square forums they have a subforum called "Technical Support Discussion". If you have a problem with one of their games you can ask for help there. FFVII has its own subforum "FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum". The forum for all games has 113 threads with 718 posts. The FFVII one has 257 threads and 1851 posts... 6 of the 29 threads on the first page are about how people can't save their game or lost their saves. Think twice before you buy this game.

Oh, one more thing. If you decide to buy it nevertheless: Keep everything you download! Backup your files on at least two different devices. After 30 days you won't be able to redownload the game!
People who really want to play FF VII can easily get it on eBay for PC or PSOne. Both of these versions can be played on PC anyway (the emulator for PSOne is good). Dump the idea of buying this old game from Squeenix. Really.