It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mwb1100: What would you take them to court over? If you've been given a refund, what would the damages be?
worlddan: Negligent infliction of emotional distress. Pain and suffering. Damages...psychotropic drug fees... vacation to Bermuda to relax from the stress.

mwb1100: Generally (at least in the US), if you're given your money back there would be nothing to sue over. You might get upset because you'd rather have the games then the small amount of money, but that's not something you can successfully sue over.
worlddan: It is something one can sue over. Whether one can do so successfully is dependent on the state, the judge, the jury, etc. Personally...speaking only for myself...I wouldn't waste the time...take the lumps and move on...but here in America we also sue over everything....so who knows...
I am pretty sure even in America people have won false advertisement law suits in which they gain more than they lost. Would it be worth the trouble over this, nope...but i am sure there are some people crazy enough to try it.

Hell, lets not even mention class action lawsuits that are over frivolous things...
Wow ... I think the reactions about the BL2 / Bethesda pack are almost out of control - just because of a missed "deal" that was not meant to be (look at the GG GameTutor pages).

Did I try to purchase it - of course, it's was a fantastic deal and we never know if GG does this on purpose or really by accident. It would've been great to get the 4pack at the ridiculous cheap price but I absolutely understand that they have to cancel the purchases if it was a real mistake.

To me, all the harsh reactions are like those from a child that has found a wallet on the street and wants to own the money but eventually has to learn, that it can't do so (just with the absurd scale of arguments from adults).

After all we're takling about purchasing computer games (for our backlogs), not about food while starving.
I read there was one guy complaining on GamersGate's facebook page about his 20 orders of Borderlands 2 4 packs not having keys.

I think thats on a whole other level than just taking advantage of a pricing glitch.

Also all these issues have told me if I buy a game there with a high percentage off to download it as fast as I can and do the installer removal trick.

Edit: For an actual deal. The Walking Dead on Xbox live is currently 800 points total for all episode. Episode 1 is a free download and 2-5 are on sale at 200 points each.
Post edited December 27, 2012 by Fictionvision
I think the biggest issue is how GG has handled it.

First off: They have had pricing issues for what, 2 years now? They never fixed them and just shrugged them off.

Secondly: Finally it hit on that one big package...the bethesda package...oops...and the deal stayed up longer than it normally does when they have pricing issues...almost making it feel like a purposeful event to gain massive traffic and promote there site.

They then run out of keys and promise keys will be available in January; however, you have the "option" of a refund.

Still, you would think after such a massive mistake they would now look into fixing the issue of pricing, maybe put a control point in that double checks the prices.

oops...#2...Borderlands 4pack is the next big deal...servers are hit again.

Then out of the blue, they force refund everyones money and take the inventory items out. I would not have had an issue with the BL2 deal as they did not promise keys, but they lied to everyone on the bethesda bundle.

And even after these two fiasco's they are still having price issues, so if they are not willing to fix it then they should just own up and take the loss everytime they screw up like they always have. I am done defending them myself, they no longer get sympathy as this is a poorly run company with horrible PR and customer service.

It will take a miracle for them make up for their negative publicity at the moment, but consumers can have short memories with the right effort.
If you think something is an error on GG, best to avoid it. What they are doing now is cancelling open orders, removing games from accounts and not bothering to offer a refund or even issue a statement. Of course, they're well within their right to remove the products; but they have no right to keep the money at the same time.
Nelvin: Wow ... I think the reactions about the BL2 / Bethesda pack are almost out of control - just because of a missed "deal" that was not meant to be (look at the GG GameTutor pages).

Did I try to purchase it - of course, it's was a fantastic deal and we never know if GG does this on purpose or really by accident. It would've been great to get the 4pack at the ridiculous cheap price but I absolutely understand that they have to cancel the purchases if it was a real mistake.

To me, all the harsh reactions are like those from a child that has found a wallet on the street and wants to own the money but eventually has to learn, that it can't do so (just with the absurd scale of arguments from adults).

After all we're takling about purchasing computer games (for our backlogs), not about food while starving.
Exactly, we ALL KNOW, we did wrong or at least pushing the ethical boundaries in purchasing Bethesda or BL2 4 pack at this discount. If you cannot see that, you need a check back with reality.

bansama: If you think something is an error on GG, best to avoid it. What they are doing now is cancelling open orders, removing games from accounts and not bothering to offer a refund or even issue a statement. Of course, they're well within their right to remove the products; but they have no right to keep the money at the same time.
I had a refund AND a statement in my email this morning.

PS: What I'd be interested what happen to those who managed to activate keys on Steam?
Post edited December 27, 2012 by dyscode
SOoo any more deals aside from the GG debacle?
dyscode: I had a refund AND a statement in my email this morning.
I have neither. But what GG now have, is a permanently lost customer. Taking the games away, not a huge problem if they had provided a statement an immediate refund. They didn't, so my business goes elsewhere and if I'm still waiting for a refund in a few days, I'll get it via a Paypal dispute.
dyscode: Exactly, we ALL KNOW, we did wrong or at least pushing the ethical boundaries in purchasing Bethesda or BL2 4 pack at 94% disount.
I don't think customers did anything wrong. GG fucked up another price. Something they have been doing for years. If they are too incompetent to double check their prices, fix whatever is causing it, then that's their problem. Not the customer's.
Post edited December 27, 2012 by bansama
Nelvin:
dyscode: Exactly, we ALL KNOW, we did wrong or at least pushing the ethical boundaries in purchasing Bethesda or BL2 4 pack at this discount. If you cannot see that, you need a check back with reality.

bansama:

PS: What I'd be interested what happen to those who managed to activate keys on Steam?
I do not feel bad about it...if gamersgate is too lazy to fix it, then I am going to take advantage of it. I know of at least dozen games in the last month that were for sell from a few cents to a dollar or so....So in that time it is feasible someone could purchase every game and have saved a lot more than either of these bundles. How can a company be so blind and too feel like that these errors are not going to eventually strike a popular series? No one should feel compassion for a company that cannot fix its own issues in a timely manner...hell even after these two backfires they then have another screw up and they will have one tomorrow. No one should feel sorry for GG, they are digging their own grave at this point with no help from anyone. I am curious if companies will start to pull their games from GG in the near future with all the customer backlash. I know of multiple people now complaining to the other publishers about GG. That is not going to help them.

As for the steam keys, i highly doubt they will touch them although they have given refunds and taken packages (with redeemed keys) off some peoples shelves. The activated steam keys will probably just be allowed with GG footing the bill.
Post edited December 27, 2012 by misfire200
bansama: I have neither. But what GG now have, is a permanently lost customer. Taking the games away, not a huge problem if they had provided a statement an immediate refund. They didn't, so my business goes elsewhere and if I'm still waiting for a refund in a few days, I'll get it via a Paypal dispute.
dyscode: Exactly, we ALL KNOW, we did wrong or at least pushing the ethical boundaries in purchasing Bethesda or BL2 4 pack at 94% disount.
bansama: I don't think customers did anything wrong. GG fucked up another price. Something they have been doing for years. If they are too incompetent to double check their prices, fix whatever is causing it, then that's their problem. Not the customer's.
Of course customers DID WRONG and of course GG fucked up. But that there is no rightful excuse to exploit their mistakes or incompetence. If one cannot see the diffeence between a sale and a mistake (talking about Bethesda & BL2) they are a 5 year old child.
Do you treat people in real life also like that? Stomping on them whenever you have a chance, because they are weak?

That you did not get you refund yet, really sucks.
Gazoinks: Aw, didn't notice that. Oh well.
CymTyr: TQ Gold includes base + IT - IT is not a standalone expac and requires vanilla TQ to play.
Yeah, but I already have the base on Steam from the Humble Bundle.
bansama: I have neither. But what GG now have, is a permanently lost customer. Taking the games away, not a huge problem if they had provided a statement an immediate refund. They didn't, so my business goes elsewhere and if I'm still waiting for a refund in a few days, I'll get it via a Paypal dispute.

I don't think customers did anything wrong. GG fucked up another price. Something they have been doing for years. If they are too incompetent to double check their prices, fix whatever is causing it, then that's their problem. Not the customer's.
dyscode: Of course customers DID WRONG and of course GG fucked up. But that there is no rightful excuse to exploit their mistakes or incompetence. If one cannot see the diffeence between a sale and a mistake (talking about Bethesda & BL2) they are a 5 year old child.
Do you treat people in real life also like that? Stomping on them whenever you have a chance, because they are weak?

How do you think sites such as slickdeals, bensbargains, etc came around...not always because of official deals but also because of corporate mistakes. Secondly we are dealing with digital goods which do not truly have a finite supply. Secondly who the fuck cares if its a mistake...obviously GG did not care for the last two years...there is no difference from the $30 bethesda bundle and some of the $1 games that are normally $40-50....the difference is it got out in the open and hit reddit, tomshardware, gamefaqs, hell almost every site in a matter of minutes. Maybe now GG will finally work some fixes...although obviously not since a week later you have the BL2 mess up(again no different than any prior cheap games, just more popular), and even today with Patrician IV....

This crap happens all the time, people can take advantage if they want. This is not like my neighbor left his door open so i will just go walk in and grab his tv=) This is not even in comparison to piracy. Calling these people 5 year olds makes you seem like the 5 year old.

Also to clarify, a lot of the people might not realize it was a usual screw up by GG (and I still wonder about these glitches being glitches.) Many of these people came from sites and have never heard of this company, and do not forget this was during the holidays and even physical stores will do *crazy* sales to get traffic into their store. People have been trampled to death on black friday's because of some of these crazy in store sales. Digital stores have also had amazing deals....that can bring their sites down....so you cannot say everyone KNEW=)
Post edited December 27, 2012 by misfire200
GG might be making these errors on purpose to increase site traffic and free advertising, who knows?
Heretic777: GG might be making these errors on purpose to increase site traffic and free advertising, who knows?
I actually have liked that theory lately...and its not a bad idea if the price changes quick enough=) Because people see a great deal, go to the site...and if they miss that deal they still my stick around and look around. Possibly even purchase some other games while they are there.

It was even thought that was the idea for the bethesda bundle but the price was not able to be *fixed* quick enough.

But if that is the idea then they screwed up again with BL2.
dyscode: Of course customers DID WRONG and of course GG fucked up. But that there is no rightful excuse to exploit their mistakes or incompetence. If one cannot see the diffeence between a sale and a mistake (talking about Bethesda & BL2) they are a 5 year old child.

misfire200: How do you think sites such as slickdeals, bensbargains, etc came around...not always because of official deals but also because of corporate mistakes. Secondly we are dealing with digital goods which do not truly have a finite supply. Secondly who the fuck cares if its a mistake...obviously GG did not care for the last two years...there is no difference from the $30 bethesda bundle and some of the $1 games that are normally $40-50....the difference is it got out in the open and hit reddit, tomshardware, gamefaqs, hell almost every site in a matter of minutes. Maybe now GG will finally work some fixes...although obviously not since a week later you have the BL2 mess up(again no different than any prior cheap games, just more popular), and even today with Patrician IV....

This crap happens all the time, people can take advantage if they want. This is not like my neighbor left his door open so i will just go walk in and grab his tv=) This is not even in comparison to piracy. Calling these people 5 year olds makes you seem like the 5 year old.

Also to clarify, a lot of the people might not realize it was a usual screw up by GG (and I still wonder about these glitches being glitches.) Many of these people came from sites and have never heard of this company, and do not forget this was during the holidays and even physical stores will do *crazy* sales to get traffic into their store. People have been trampled to death on black friday's because of some of these crazy in store sales. Digital stores have also had amazing deals....that can bring their sites down....so you cannot say everyone KNEW=)
Yes, you and me, my fellow GOGers have been these crazies in the black friday store sale. And you all knew. I am only talking about you, my fellow GOGers.
Others MIGHT not have known about the GG fuck ups but having GG explaining
it was a mistake should not make them behave like GG stole _from_ them.

Besides, exploiting GG's mistakes IS like are stealing money, not only from GG but the developers as well, that is sometehing like walking into your neighbour's and stealing his TV.
Even if it's digital goods, there must be a profit made with every unit sold, to keep business running.
Post edited December 27, 2012 by dyscode