It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amazon now allows gifting for Steam codes!

Nice!

Edit: For clarification

After you bought the "online game key" you can click on show game keys and after it has been shown, you can choose to gift it.

Therefore Amazon gifts of Steam/Origin codes are not scammer save
Post edited November 03, 2012 by SimonG
SimonG: Amazon now allows gifting for Steam codes!

Nice!
thanks for the heads up ^^
SimonG: Amazon now allows gifting for Steam codes!

Nice!
+1 for this info. Thanks, SimonG :)
carnival73: Galaxy of Fire 2 is smelling like $7.50 on Greenman after using their most recent voucher.

It's a Steam key.

And GoF2 is one of those triple A titles that quickly got buried in Steam's library and forgotten at a normal retail of $20.
Isn't it just a iOS port? I have it on my iPod (got it on sale for $1) and haven't played it yet.
SimonG: Therefore Amazon gifts of Steam/Origin codes are not scammer save
... did I misunderstand something here? Me no comprendo. :P
Post edited November 03, 2012 by Foxhack
SimonG: Therefore Amazon gifts of Steam/Origin codes are not scammer save
Foxhack: ... did I misunderstand something here? Me no comprendo. :P
It appears someone can gift the code *after* being able to see/copy the code himself. That means any code you get traded like that, may already be invalid if the guy who sent it used it already.
Foxhack: ... did I misunderstand something here? Me no comprendo. :P
Pheace: It appears someone can gift the code *after* being able to see/copy the code himself. That means any code you get traded like that, may already be invalid if the guy who sent it used it already.
Oh.

Well that's just fucking stupid! :| Why couldn't they do it like Gamersgate does...
Pheace: It appears someone can gift the code *after* being able to see/copy the code himself. That means any code you get traded like that, may already be invalid if the guy who sent it used it already.
Foxhack: Oh.

Well that's just fucking stupid! :| Why couldn't they do it like Gamersgate does...
Gamersgate gift card style is probably my favourite.
This.

Also, only the newest purchases seem to be affected. I tried some older games which had still hidden codes, they didn't give me the option.

While this change is pointless from a security standpoint (but knowing Amazon they will fix that soon), it is very important from a legal one. As from now on, games gifted that way through Amazon actually give a legit license to the recipient.
carnival73: Galaxy of Fire 2 is smelling like $7.50 on Greenman after using their most recent voucher.

It's a Steam key.

And GoF2 is one of those triple A titles that quickly got buried in Steam's library and forgotten at a normal retail of $20.
GoJays2025: Isn't it just a iOS port? I have it on my iPod (got it on sale for $1) and haven't played it yet.
It's pretty detailed but then again I'm not sure how good games can be for an I-Pod. I would say it's on par with Dark Star One sophistication-wise. Steam should have a promo video for it.
Two worlds buggy mess is 1.87 on greenmangaming for another 9 hrs with the existing coupon.
EDIT; its the goty ed.
Post edited November 03, 2012 by dooshbag45
GoJays2025: Isn't it just a iOS port? I have it on my iPod (got it on sale for $1) and haven't played it yet.
carnival73: It's pretty detailed but then again I'm not sure how good games can be for an I-Pod. I would say it's on par with Dark Star One sophistication-wise. Steam should have a promo video for it.
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is the exact port of the iOS /iPad/iPhone version. And it's not a PC tripple A game. Among iOS games this is a triple A game for sure. On the PC it's 'just' an excellent indie game, for the game mechanics are superb. But content wise there isn't much. A few different Space stations design, some 20 ship types and asteroid fields is all you gonna see.
The rest is trading and combat. The short story keeps it from falling completely only into these two components. So you are grinding for better ships and equipment and achievements basically.
But as I said, the gameplay mechanics are so good that I already put over 50hrs into the iOS version already and mostly it was total fun for only thin 3 hours story. After your first few million credits trading essentially becomes an auto money-generator (on normal or hard mode).
I did not check if the PC version already includes the two DLC packs Valkyrie & Supernova from the iOS version which give you more ships, weapons, job variety and two new story lines, €9 both.
The most frustrating thing is when you arrive at a new star system and are instantly thrown into combat against 10 pirates (who feature massively upgraded weapons compared to what you can buy or build). That's flee or 10 seconds death.
Post edited November 04, 2012 by dyscode
Amazon digital :

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 [Download] $4.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 [Download] $4.99
LEGO Batman [Download] $4.99
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes [Download] $7.49

The Harry Batman Pack [Download] $13.99 ( LEGO Batman not included )
Post edited November 04, 2012 by ne_zavarj
GameStop / Impulse

Saints Row The Third franchise 66% off
Tripwire Interactive bundle -75% on Steam (£12.50 here)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16835/

Includes:

Dwarfs!?
The Ball
Red Orchestra
Red Orchestra 2 (GOTY)
Killing Floor
Killing Floor DLC's and Character packs.
Post edited November 04, 2012 by amok