It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amazon's Civ sale is up.

Civ IV Complete: $7.49
Civ V GOTY: $12.49

Various DLCs

Not sure if I should jump on Civ V GOTY or not. Do they just give you a Steam code or do they make you download it from them?

And I read that it's region locked. Does that mean US only or is Canada included in that region?
Post edited August 24, 2012 by BoxOfSnoo
gyokzoli: 1.39 EUR for me.
Same, i was wrong! great price indeed
BoxOfSnoo: Amazon's Civ sale is up.

Various DLCs

Not sure if I should jump on Civ V GOTY or not. Do they just give you a Steam code or do they make you download it from them?

And I read that it's region locked. Does that mean US only or is Canada included in that region?
Civ V requires steam no matter where you buy it. And if it is actually region locked then yes.

Edit: But since this is a steam key(I don't know a game can require steam and not give you a key) I don't think region locking matters. Someone more familiar with steam can verify that.
Post edited August 24, 2012 by fursav

Various DLCs

fursav: Civ V requires steam no matter where you buy it. And if it is actually region locked then yes.
Thanks, I know it requires Steam, I just wonder if they just email you a Steam code or you have to download the full thing from them and somehow get the Steam code in the installer or something.

What do you mean "yes". Canada will work?
fursav: Civ V requires steam no matter where you buy it. And if it is actually region locked then yes.
BoxOfSnoo: Thanks, I know it requires Steam, I just wonder if they just email you a Steam code or you have to download the full thing from them and somehow get the Steam code in the installer or something.

What do you mean "yes". Canada will work?
no only US

Edit : But http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28450706&postcount=44
Post edited August 24, 2012 by fursav
http://www.pcgamer.com/sponsored/<span class="bold">green-man-gaming-offers-more-great-summer-deals-30-off-sleeping-dogs-and-darksiders- 2/</span>

"Are you interested in picking up Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders 2? Green Man Gaming have a great deal for PC Gamer readers. The code* below will knock 30% off digital copies of BOTH games.

GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS

If you’re not interested in shooting up Hong Kong or defeating the demonic hordes of Darksiders 2, Green Man Gaming have created another code** that will grant you 20% off any other PC download game until the end of the month. This doesn’t stack with the above code, but will work with any digital title. Check out all the latest deals over on .

DERHE-RRDER-RINGE

Elsewhere on the site, you can secure the superb, globby puzzler World of Goo, cerebral World War 2 RTS Men of War and Introversion’s tense nuclear strategy, Defcon for just £1.99 each. The latest in a big summer of sales from .

* Voucher: GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS is PC Download only. Valid until 23.59 BST on 27/08/12 2359 BST
** Voucher: DERHE-RRDER-RINGE is PC Download only. Valid until 23.59 BST on 31/08/12 2359 BST"
Post edited August 24, 2012 by amok
amok: <snip>
That's pretty cool, but they don't support gifting do they?

Various DLCs

Awesome, time to acquire Civ4.
taczillabr: Just Cause 2 $3.74 for the good people;

Just Cause 2 $4.99 for the bad people.

that, at Steam.

These two titles have cd-keys at steam or not?
Drakhyrr: Better to wait for the next sale on GamersGate, where we can buy it for $3.75 too.
What do you mean about cd-keys? I have the first game and there is nothing about a cd-key.
Just Cause games on Steam are require Steam to launch? Or you can buy and just play without Steam?
Drakhyrr: Better to wait for the next sale on GamersGate, where we can buy it for $3.75 too.
What do you mean about cd-keys? I have the first game and there is nothing about a cd-key.
grinninglich: Just Cause games on Steam are require Steam to launch? Or you can buy and just play without Steam?
I don't know the 1st part, but the 2nd is a Steamworks title and you cannot even play it without Steam.
grynn: GG daily deals:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl 80% off
Can I activate this in Steam?
Licurg: SEGA Mega Drive Classic Collection(contains 46 games) is 82% off, costs 22.47 euros, DRM-free:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-SEGAGE/sega-mega-drive-classic-collection-gold-edition-bundle?caff=5969452
Hmmm... Do want, but wonder if its a good time to buy. Didnt this entire bundle go for cheaper on Amazon awhile back?
Licurg: SEGA Mega Drive Classic Collection(contains 46 games) is 82% off, costs 22.47 euros, DRM-free:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-SEGAGE/sega-mega-drive-classic-collection-gold-edition-bundle?caff=5969452
the_bard: Hmmm... Do want, but wonder if its a good time to buy. Didnt this entire bundle go for cheaper on Amazon awhile back?
Don't use Amazon, so can't help ya there.

the_bard: Hmmm... Do want, but wonder if its a good time to buy. Didnt this entire bundle go for cheaper on Amazon awhile back?
The deal on Amazon was $12 or $13 for Series 1 to 5 (GG is only 1 to 4), Sonic CD, and Renegade Ops complete. Definitely a MUCH better deal. Plus each week of the sale at GG had a different series on sale for $2.25 (Series 4 is on sale still for this week), so you could have grabbed them all for $9, or $7.65 with IGN discount.
grynn: GG daily deals:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl 80% off
HTBites: Can I activate this in Steam?
NO