It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

p_mamusz: -snip-
johnki: If you got a message from Paypal confirming the payment, you can get the order number from it, go into the Uplay Store, under Help and enter the order number and your account password and check on its status.

Also, that would mean you have a receipt, which would hold them legally liable to give you the game, worse comes to worse.

I didn't have issues with the last few games I bought from the Uplay Store, but I am now, and that's irritating me quite a bit.

EDIT: 2 hours later, order confirmation is here, but no game yet. On top of that, one of the games I bought from the Ubishop went from averaging 700kbps to averaging 4 kbps right around the end of the first file download.
Thank you for the heads up, i could get the code that way. :D
But then the game finally showed up in the games tab. But still, its hit and miss, and i still fear that they will charge me more later, or take the game away, since the bank transferred only 1 HUF instead of 1 EUR. :S
p_mamusz: Thank you for the heads up, i could get the code that way. :D
But then the game finally showed up in the games tab. But still, its hit and miss, and i still fear that they will charge me more later, or take the game away, since the bank transferred only 1 HUF instead of 1 EUR. :S
I finally got mine in the last 20 minutes or so, as well.

And they shouldn't charge more. I think they're doing 1 unit of whatever your local currency is. Maybe they just assumed you would pay in your local currency.
Steam's daily deal is a very cheap The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. $0.93 here.
Drakhyrr: Steam's daily deal is a very cheap The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. $0.93 here.
is that cheaper than during last xmas steam sale?
Oh, in case anyone didn't know, Settlers 7 is $7.50 on Uplay right now. I ended up getting it.

The worst part is knowing that it added to my account instantly after the issues with Driver SF.
Drakhyrr: Steam's daily deal is a very cheap The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. $0.93 here.
nijuu: is that cheaper than during last xmas steam sale?
Not sure, but I have to say for myself that even though that game is short it was very enjoyable, I bought it around the time it was released and its definitely worth one dollar.
nijuu: is that cheaper than during last xmas steam sale?
Nope. It was $0.49 back then. But does it really matter in this price range?

(It's worth the price, but I'd argue it isn't really worth the time. The game practically screams "poor man's Braid".)
johnki: Oh, in case anyone didn't know, Settlers 7 is $7.50 on Uplay right now. I ended up getting it.

The worst part is knowing that it added to my account instantly after the issues with Driver SF.
Hmmm
Can you download and keep the installers?
nijuu: Can you download and keep the installers?
Yes (tested with From Dust). Same as with GamersGate: it downloads the installer, launches it and then deletes it. You can easily make a copy once the installation starts.

(The game will most likely still require UPlay for a one-time check after installation, though.)

EDIT: Yeah, but Settlers 7 is one of the two UPlay games (the other being HAWX 2) with always-on DRM. So this isn't terribly useful advice.
Post edited August 19, 2012 by bazilisek
johnki: Oh, in case anyone didn't know, Settlers 7 is $7.50 on Uplay right now. I ended up getting it.

$19.95AUD here :/. Australia tax just like on Steam and Origin :(
nijuu: Hmmm
Can you download and keep the installers?
Well, they all need Uplay to run, afaik. I'm sure you could. I mean, they download to a specific spot, and before you press the "Install" button, you could probably copy the installer(s), but it's like Steam or Origin. Without the client, the installer is just an installer.
Driver for a $1 procured. Happy.
StingingVelvet: Driver for a $1 procured. Happy.
where did u get that please ?
StingingVelvet: Driver for a $1 procured. Happy.
Ian: where did u get that please ?
on uplay I guess...
Ian: where did u get that please ?
Recsam511: on uplay I guess...
ah ty, I don't need another client +1

Thanks Licurg, will look back :)
Post edited August 19, 2012 by Ian