It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nijuu: GG page still says DRM : Tages
Licurg: Let me ask someone else.
thanks would be great to get clarification. only thing stopping me from buying this game..
Licurg: Let me ask someone else.
nijuu: thanks would be great to get clarification. only thing stopping me from buying this game..
So, I got a definitive answer, and apparently is still uses Tages :(
Licurg: So, I got a definitive answer, and apparently is still uses Tages :(
Bleh. Oh well. At least there's still Civ 5, which will hopefully go on sale sometime this week.
Licurg: So, I got a definitive answer, and apparently is still uses Tages :(
johnki: Bleh. Oh well. At least there's still Civ 5, which will hopefully go on sale sometime this week.
It actually is, Civ 5 GOTY is 66% off:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIV5GOTYE/sid-meiers-civilization-v-game-of-the-year-edition?caff=5969452
Ah, I need to get in on that sale.
Licurg: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI is 66% off, costs 6.78:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ROTTKXI/romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-xi?caff=5969452
Awesome, I never knew they had an English version of this. To me, this version of grand strategy is so much better than the Paradox style for the characters alone. It's in some ways less realistic, but the effect of human relationships in kingdom management and war is something other grand strategy titles can't come close with because they're not based on a super awesome written masterpiece like this one is. (I'm not Chinese or anything, just a fan of the series.)
EVERYONE BUY RTKXI SO THEY'LL PORT OVER RTKXII
grape1829: Awesome, I never knew they had an English version of this. To me, this version of grand strategy is so much better than the Paradox style for the characters alone. It's in some ways less realistic, but the effect of human relationships in kingdom management and war is something other grand strategy titles can't come close with because they're not based on a super awesome written masterpiece like this one is. (I'm not Chinese or anything, just a fan of the series.)
Have you tried Crusader Kings II?
Hawk52: EVERYONE BUY RTKXI SO THEY'LL PORT OVER RTKXII
Reading the Wikipedia article related to reception, it sounds like they short changed the budget for RTKXII :/
johnki: Reading the Wikipedia article related to reception, it sounds like they short changed the budget for RTKXII :/
:(

Either way, RTKXI's an absolutely fantastic game and I highly recommend anyone halfway interested in TBS games to pick it up. Even if you don't know anything about the mythology it's really easy to pick up. I played it before I knew anything about any of the characters.

And should you enjoy the characters and story you've also got one of the greatest novels of all time to enjoy also, so win/win.
It's been on my wishlist for ages, and by ages, I mean "I think it was shortly after I joined GamersGate a few years back". Between the SecuROM and the fact that it's still $7, I'm afraid I'm still not biting. :(

Still, I'm amazed it's actually gotten a sale.
I love Romance series and can only recomend all the games to everyone. If Nobunagas Ambition was ever released on PC its also worth checking out.
Skunk: It's been on my wishlist for ages, and by ages, I mean "I think it was shortly after I joined GamersGate a few years back". Between the SecuROM and the fact that it's still $7, I'm afraid I'm still not biting. :(

Still, I'm amazed it's actually gotten a sale.
There's very few games I'll passionately vouch for, but RTKXI is one of them. Even with the DRM, you seriously won't go wrong with the game if you like long-term TBS.
Hawk52: There's very few games I'll passionately vouch for, but RTKXI is one of them. Even with the DRM, you seriously won't go wrong with the game if you like long-term TBS.
I have $30 to live off of for the week. I am extremely tempted, and would jump on it in an instant if it were about $3 cheaper or DRM-free. Like I said, I've been wanting this game for a long time. Passing on it is anything but a lack of interest. In fact, I'd say I was still on the fence if I thought I could afford it. Maybe if today's GOG release is horrible, I might be able to change my mind. :(

I should tell you, I don't believe you should be telling people to buy it so they'll port over the sequel. Unless I'm mistaken, this is still Koei's only game on GamersGate. They had Dynasty Warrior 4 Hyper on Direct2Drive before they went defunct (never did go on sale...). I doubt they even realize they're still selling this game on GamersGate. It's nothing short of astonishing that they found their way into western PC digital markets to begin with. I highly doubt a few hundred people buying RotTK XI will influence them in any way.
Licurg: snip
Why don't you use the GamersGate thread ?