It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: Wow, quite a few of these titles are DRM-free, including Clear Sky (which I thought I heard had some kind of notoriously harsh DRM?). I'm interested in Red Faction since my physical copy needs CPUKiller and LOTS of tweaking to run even with fan patches, but I wonder if it's been optimized for modern computers at all.
Licurg: The Red Faction gamecard only says this in sys. req:

System Requirements

System:
PII 400 or equivalent
RAM:
64 MB
Video Memory:
8 MB

Nothing about OS :(
Ah well, I'll wait for GOG to pick it up and fix it for me. :) Reading the reviews, it sounds like I still need that fan patch. Thanks anyway!
Licurg: The Red Faction gamecard only says this in sys. req:

System Requirements

System:
PII 400 or equivalent
RAM:
64 MB
Video Memory:
8 MB

Nothing about OS :(
SCPM: Ah well, I'll wait for GOG to pick it up and fix it for me. :) Reading the reviews, it sounds like I still need that fan patch. Thanks anyway!
According to the reviews, you can play it on newer PCs with a mod called "Pure Faction".
Licurg: According to the reviews, you can play it on newer PCs with a mod called "Pure Faction".
Yes, that's the thing I was using to get it to run on my computer, but I believe the mod caused other problems so I just gave up. It doesn't look like it's been updated since the last time I tried it, but I'll give it another shot and see what happens.
Licurg: According to the reviews, you can play it on newer PCs with a mod called "Pure Faction".
SCPM: Yes, that's the thing I was using to get it to run on my computer, but I believe the mod caused other problems so I just gave up. It doesn't look like it's been updated since the last time I tried it, but I'll give it another shot and see what happens.
Hope it works :) BTW, Clear Sky is on sale individually, costs just 3.38 euros, DRM-free.
Licurg: THQ complete collection is 69% off, costs 74.99 euros:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-THQCC/thq-complete-collection-bundle?caff=5969452
SCPM: Wow, quite a few of these titles are DRM-free, including Clear Sky (which I thought I heard had some kind of notoriously harsh DRM?). I'm interested in Red Faction since my physical copy needs CPUKiller and LOTS of tweaking to run even with fan patches, but I wonder if it's been optimized for modern computers at all.
Clear Sky isn't in the bundle, only the first game Shadow of Chernobyl is.

As for the DRM, Clear Sky used to have Tages but it's been patched out.
ABH20: Clear Sky isn't in the bundle, only the first game Shadow of Chernobyl is.

As for the DRM, Clear Sky used to have Tages but it's been patched out.
Yeah, I must've wandered into the Related Products section without noticing. I'm planning on picking up Clear Sky to finish my STALKER collection.
It's nothing special that Magicka goes on 75% SALE every month somewhere.
But this time on Steam the thing here is that the "The other Side of the Coin" DLC is also on 75% for €1.24
Post edited August 09, 2012 by dyscode
Ah, I dislike this game soooo much. It is one of worst shooters I've ever played. Boring, tedious and with stupid enemies with laser sights in their eyes. And when I tried to run Red Faction II and learned it can't be run when you have more than 2GB of RAM I gave up on whole series.
dyscode: It's nothing special that Magicka goes on 75% SALE every month somewhere.
But this time on Steam the thing here is that the "The other Side of the Coin" DLC is also on 75% for €1.24
And on top of that:

Airline Tycoon 2 + Expansions
Jagged Alliance 3 + Expansions
And a lot more (I have 90 titles in total that are on sale at the moment)
Re: Magicka,
The other side of the coin is only like 20 minutes long apparently.
Why they dont include exta giftable copies for those that buy CS complete is beyond me. -_-
orcishgamer: Er yeah, ammo was not scarce...

I mean you knew after the first hour or two exactly where the hidden monster closets would be, you could instantly get a bead on them bastards and off them without wasting a shot. I don't remember any real ammo problem except maybe in the Hell part where I wished I had a bit more for certain weapons.

I did play with the Duct Tape mod, it made the game way more playable imo.
Plus all the ammo caches hidden around didn't hurt matters either. ;)

(As for Hell......the Soulcube pretty much made up for any lack of ammo after I acquired it, imo.)
What's the difference between Dungeons and Dungeons the Dark Lord? Is there any reason why I'd want both games in a "Gold" pack instead of just picking up Dark Lord?
Hawk52: What's the difference between Dungeons and Dungeons the Dark Lord? Is there any reason why I'd want both games in a "Gold" pack instead of just picking up Dark Lord?
I think The Dark Lord is an expansion to Dungeons.
Hawk52: What's the difference between Dungeons and Dungeons the Dark Lord? Is there any reason why I'd want both games in a "Gold" pack instead of just picking up Dark Lord?
GameRager: I think The Dark Lord is an expansion to Dungeons.
It seems to be an Expandalone.