It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ne_zavarj: Why don't you use the GamersGate thread ?
Because we have a thread for gaming deals, and those are gaming deals. We all heard you advise others to use the GamersGate thread the last twenty-something times you said it. Some of us, unsurprisingly, would rather post gaming deals in the gaming deals thread.
ne_zavarj: Why don't you use the GamersGate thread ?
Skunk: Because we have a thread for gaming deals, and those are gaming deals. We all heard you advise others to use the GamersGate thread the last twenty-something times you said it. Some of us, unsurprisingly, would rather post gaming deals in the gaming deals thread.
You would think it makes commonsense to just post GG related stuff into that thread for the time being (sales orientated stuff) & leave the rest of gaming deals in here? Same worked for Steam sales and other ones which crop up...have their own threads
Skunk: Because we have a thread for gaming deals, and those are gaming deals. We all heard you advise others to use the GamersGate thread the last twenty-something times you said it. Some of us, unsurprisingly, would rather post gaming deals in the gaming deals thread.
nijuu: You would think it makes commonsense to just post GG related stuff into that thread for the time being (sales orientated stuff) & leave the rest of gaming deals in here? Same worked for Steam sales and other ones which crop up...have their own threads
I think otherwise. Making an extra thread for each sale that might crop up is higly uneffective. In one thread all the deal infos are nicely listed instead of scattered around.
And besides those extra threads are dead the sale is over, it's also usually 'common forum agenda' to actively avoid cluttering up a forum with x threads of effectively the same content.
Post edited August 14, 2012 by dyscode
grape1829: Awesome, I never knew they had an English version of this. To me, this version of grand strategy is so much better than the Paradox style for the characters alone. It's in some ways less realistic, but the effect of human relationships in kingdom management and war is something other grand strategy titles can't come close with because they're not based on a super awesome written masterpiece like this one is. (I'm not Chinese or anything, just a fan of the series.)
SimonG: Have you tried Crusader Kings II?
I dread to answer, No. Am I in for a lecture?
grape1829: I dread to answer, No. Am I in for a lecture?
From what you said about Romance, you might like it. It frequently goes on sale for cheaps on Amazon, so you might want to try it. It is very character driven. It's more a "dynasty simulator" than a strategy game. And it's very good.
SimonG: From what you said about Romance, you might like it. It frequently goes on sale for cheaps on Amazon, so you might want to try it. It is very character driven. It's more a "dynasty simulator" than a strategy game. And it's very good.
Man, you're fast. I've been watching the sales, but am going to wait for a bit for er, a better deal. Just coming off an extended period of no work, I am. I didn't know the game was character-driven, though. It's definitely a plus, and I'll check it out when the price is right. :) And blame you if it sucks.
Hawk52: There's very few games I'll passionately vouch for, but RTKXI is one of them. Even with the DRM, you seriously won't go wrong with the game if you like long-term TBS.
Skunk: I have $30 to live off of for the week. I am extremely tempted, and would jump on it in an instant if it were about $3 cheaper or DRM-free. Like I said, I've been wanting this game for a long time. Passing on it is anything but a lack of interest. In fact, I'd say I was still on the fence if I thought I could afford it. Maybe if today's GOG release is horrible, I might be able to change my mind. :(

I should tell you, I don't believe you should be telling people to buy it so they'll port over the sequel. Unless I'm mistaken, this is still Koei's only game on GamersGate. They had Dynasty Warrior 4 Hyper on Direct2Drive before they went defunct (never did go on sale...). I doubt they even realize they're still selling this game on GamersGate. It's nothing short of astonishing that they found their way into western PC digital markets to begin with. I highly doubt a few hundred people buying RotTK XI will influence them in any way.
Check your PMs :)
SimonG: From what you said about Romance, you might like it. It frequently goes on sale for cheaps on Amazon, so you might want to try it. It is very character driven. It's more a "dynasty simulator" than a strategy game. And it's very good.
grape1829: Man, you're fast. I've been watching the sales, but am going to wait for a bit for er, a better deal. Just coming off an extended period of no work, I am. I didn't know the game was character-driven, though. It's definitely a plus, and I'll check it out when the price is right. :) And blame you if it sucks.
CK2 got family management through child murder, regular occasional incest, gay monarchs, lesbians in harem, the Gates of Hell, homicidal maniacs...
grviper: CK2 got family management through child murder, regular occasional incest, gay monarchs, lesbians in harem, the Gates of Hell, homicidal maniacs...
Not PG topics, I see! And questionable values I don't usually (ever) subject my brain to thinking about! Whatevs, I'm a tough guy, I can take some hits....
grviper: CK2 got family management through child murder, regular occasional incest, gay monarchs, lesbians in harem, the Gates of Hell, homicidal maniacs...
grape1829: Not PG topics, I see! And questionable values I don't usually (ever) subject my brain to thinking about! Whatevs, I'm a tough guy, I can take some hits....
Seems if you can't you have a lot less fun with this game, according to this:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/23/wot-i-think-crusader-kings-ii/

A Good read and some good (corny) laughs, also read the comments, too!
Post edited August 14, 2012 by dyscode
... wife imprisonment, infidelity & "accidents".
dead space 1 and 2 midweek madness
http://store.steampowered.com/app/47780/?snr=1_4_4__40

the guild 2 daily deal
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4812/?snr=1_4_4__43

both 75% off
The above link doesn't work for me, but http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4829/ does. Seems like there are 2 (or more) packs for The Guild 2...
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Iron Brigade (Trenched) is finally out on Steam. Publisher is Microsoft, so it's a GfWL and not Steamworks game. (But available only on Steam?)
SimonG: I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Iron Brigade (Trenched) is finally out on Steam. Publisher is Microsoft, so it's a GfWL and not Steamworks game. (But available only on Steam?)
Ah, so that must be why the DoubleFine collection was on sale again yesterday. Has anyone played Iron Brigade? How is it?