It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fred_DM: best be joking. who would do that?!? lawyer fees alone would be way beyond the value in dispute in such a case. only Americans would even consider that since their lawyers tend to work on contingency.
keeveek: You don't neeed a lawyer to sue anybody, of course it would limit your chances to win.

Anyway, Valve would rather say "we don't give a shit about EU courts rulings", because we couldn't enforce anything on them, unless Comission chooses to ban Valve from selling anything on EU soil, but it wouldn't happen after one ruling :P
Well, they woud have to refund the money, but the costs wouldn't make much sense, but Valve can say whatever they want, they are selling in Euros remember? that means that they pay VAT and are subjected to european regulations.
The cost of your lawyer would make such demand pointless, and they count on that.
mefet: Well, they woud have to refund the money, but the costs wouldn't make much sense, but Valve can say whatever they want, they are selling in Euros remember? that means that they pay VAT and are subjected to european regulations.
The cost of your lawyer would make such demand pointless, and they count on that.
It depends. Cases as easy as this one may encourage lawyers to take action. Why? Because they know that Valve will have to cover the expenses for the lawyer, so it's easy (and possibly big?) money for them.

At least in Poland, loosing party has to cover the winnig party's lawyer fees (one lawyer, the maximum amount of money is standarized though)
Post edited June 28, 2012 by keeveek
Why would you need to hire a lawyer?
Wouldn't be easier to just lodge a complaint to your national consumer protection agency? They are obligated to investigate and will fine the seller if the law was broken. Usually for small issues it's enough for the agency to be involved and the seller will conform to the regulations to close the matter fast. But of course that is only IF digital goods are covered by the 14 Day law, which apparently differs from country to country.
Aningan: snip
I'm afraid that your local consumer protection agency has no power to influence Valve.

Courts, well, that's another story. Most of the countries have agreements to obey / honor other countries rulings.
*cough** any new deals?
Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition are 75% off at GG today.
Not sure if this is considered as a gaming deal, but O'Reilly has certain gaming ebooks and videos on sale for 50% if you use the discount code "WKGAME". The deal expires July 4th.

Gaming - Save 50%

I'm not sure whether or not the link contains some sort of referral, I just copied it from the page I ended up at when I clicked the link in the e-mail.

If you like Dwarf Fortress, I very much recommend the guide on sale. Funny, informative, and there's free lifetime updates for the book which the author has promised to update for future versions. All O'Reilly books are also DRM-free.

If you've been interested in playing Dwarf Fortress (which is a free extremely detailed sandbox game) but found the learning curve to be too high, this is for you. Even experienced players can find it enjoyable with maybe some new things to learn.
Aningan: snip
keeveek: I'm afraid that your local consumer protection agency has no power to influence Valve.
Apart from the fact that they sued Valve in Germany up to the highest court. They are an interest group and as such, highly effective. Well, they lost in that case, but they wanted Valve to effectively remove the DRM part from Steam....

Edit: And as far as "deals" goes. Paradox has released their first major patch for CK II. It's called Sword of Islam and costs 10€.
Post edited June 28, 2012 by SimonG
Right, they may sue Valve for you. I was thinking more about administrative decisions (fine them, as Aningan suggested).

I totally didn't think about that. It's the consumer protect agency that sued UEFA for their TOS for buying tickets...

btw, to stay on topic:

Men of War series games are 75% off on GG link
Post edited June 28, 2012 by keeveek
keeveek: I totally didn't think about that. It's the consumer protect agency that sued UEFA for their TOS for buying tickets...
They are probably the closest we have in Europe to "class action suits".

Edit: oops
Post edited June 28, 2012 by SimonG
grinninglich: snip
SimonG: That's why I got it on Steam.

Install and play and done.

(I already had a Bioware account, so that would otherwise been an extra step)
SimonG... Never miss a chance to make a Steam propaganda....

And unlike Steam once you activate it you can play forever without need a Steam client and being online. Because of that Steam is a no go.
Post edited June 28, 2012 by grinninglich
Don't know if anyone seen this already, but the amazing Pony Friend 2 is 50% off on Gamersgate.

Go grab it :)
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7135/

The first two chapters of Penny Arcade.Very funny
Ubivis: Don't know if anyone seen this already, but the amazing Pony Friend 2 is 50% off on Gamersgate.

Go grab it :)
No Mr. Ed, no sale...
Dotemu site is back up, with 70% off Nordic Games

http://www.dotemu.com/en/pc-games/company/nordic-games
Post edited June 28, 2012 by Rodzaju