It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: Single player is supposed to be atrocious with really, really amazing multiplayer that requires coordination.
SimonG: I`ve already heard enough "supposedlies". Would be nice to hear a first hand report that actually counts. ;-P
I thought we'd been through this, the universe works as I say:)

Alright, fair point. There is a multiplayer demo on XBox Live so maybe you can find the same on PC?
StingingVelvet: Not marked as a sale but Syndicate is $30 on amazon while still $60 everywhere else. Debating it.
If you're willing to wait I think they had it around $17during their last big sale. I'd figure it'd probably hit that price again.
(last remnant)

> But is it good?

I tried the demo off Steam. It's a turn based strategic (or tactical, depending on how you define it) JRPG crammed into the Unreal 3 engine of all things. So combat is rather pretty. Lots of extravagent looking attacks for Massive Damage!

Emo looking main character. Typical JRPG stuff.

I like typical JRPG stuff so I'll pick this up when it gets real cheap. Maybe 5 bucks. And I can be very patient...
Artki: (last remnant)

> But is it good?

I tried the demo off Steam. It's a turn based strategic (or tactical, depending on how you define it) JRPG crammed into the Unreal 3 engine of all things. So combat is rather pretty. Lots of extravagent looking attacks for Massive Damage!

Emo looking main character. Typical JRPG stuff.

I like typical JRPG stuff so I'll pick this up when it gets real cheap. Maybe 5 bucks. And I can be very patient...
I still don't understand why The Last Remnant is so expensive on PC, it's like 10 USD on console these days if you can score a sale price (and cheaper used).
orcishgamer: I still don't understand why The Last Remnant is so expensive on PC
Squeenix are jerks.
orcishgamer: I still don't understand why The Last Remnant is so expensive on PC
Foxhack: Squeenix are jerks.
I think they literally forgot that game existed and that's why it hasn't seen any price drops since it came out... all those times it's gone on sale are purely coincidental.
Garugo: I think they literally forgot that game existed and that's why it hasn't seen any price drops since it came out... all those times it's gone on sale are purely coincidental.
You're not serious, are you?

The game tanked on consoles and PC. Squeenix can't control the console version's price, but they can control the PC price. For years, the only way anyone could get a copy was via Steam, since there weren't many retail copies available in the US (Europe is another story, you could get a retail version for ten bucks.) So they kept the price high, and even RAISED IT to $50 a while ago!

SQUEENIX ARE JERKS.
Post edited June 25, 2012 by Foxhack
Garugo: I think they literally forgot that game existed and that's why it hasn't seen any price drops since it came out... all those times it's gone on sale are purely coincidental.
Foxhack: You're not serious, are you?

The game tanked on consoles and PC. Squeenix can't control the console version's price, but they can control the PC price. For years, the only way anyone could get a copy was via Steam. So they kept the price high, and even RAISED IT to $50 a while ago!

SQUEENIX ARE JERKS.
I was just being lighthearted about the whole thing, but yeah I can understand why it wouldn't get many sales. Sucks that they raised the price up (I got it for $7.50 2-3 years ago), but let's be honest here: Square-Enix have been a terrible company since the merger.

Another company that doesn't know what to do with the PC market? Konami: they haven't dropped the price of Homecoming (which is in the same boat as Last Remnant) at all since it got released.
Dungeon Siege 3 is 75% off at GG today, requires Steam. ( / [url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DS3/dungeon-siege-3?caff=3472801]£3.74 / €4.99)
Post edited June 25, 2012 by grynn
I know the last remnant never goes on sale, but I just don't think it's worth $7.50. I guess I'll pass :)
Unepic is also 50% off in the Indie week sale on GG, here it is £3.50. Brilliant mix of RPG and platformer, hints of metroidvania and the humour is actually good in most places. Recommended.

edit - and the Indie week ends in 8 hours.
Post edited June 25, 2012 by amok
Total War Complete Collection for 20 pounds
Includes all Total War games, and most DLC found on DD sites. Sadly Fall of the Samurai not included.
Sinizine: This is an aff link http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TLR/the-last-remnant-tm?caff=3884871

Last Remnant is 7.50 over at Gamersgate. Cheapest it's ever been. Steamworks. Unlikely to be cheaper in the summer sale since Steam still sells the game at 30 dollars base price while GG sells it for 15 base.
SimonG: But is it good?
I have played a lot thsi game in the xbox, it's not as typical as you might think. You control squads of units, not the heroes, that you can build depending of the abilities you want to augment of the chosen hero. It has a lot of random drop and bosses, and the guides on the net are rather weak about it (or they were when I played it).
I really enjoyed it, but I'm a great fan of turn-based jrpg. Anyways if you like turn-based rpgs on the pc, there are not a lot to choose, so I would get it.

Does anyone knows if the graphics are significantly better than in the console versions? I may be tempted to play it again...
I have heard from friend that they have repaired many bugs and graphics for pc release but I havent played it.
The Last Remnant is even cheaper on the UK site: 5 GBP

Don't click on the link if you don't like reflinks.