It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tizzysawr: I personally must recommend these to anyone. Getting both games and expansions for $9.99 is a steal, even when Dragon Age 2 isn't very good. The price can't really be beaten considering DA:O and DA:A have well over 50 hours of gameplay when put together (Not counting replaying the games) while DA2, though repetitive, does boast a nice story and should give you at least 10-20 hours of gameplay before it becomes too annoying.
grviper: The very same pack was on sale in early April.
It was 2 USD more in April. Still, I haven't played DA2 yet, but having played DA:O 3 times on XBox and PC I can say it clocks in at "overrated". I guess you get a lot of content, a bit of it is even good. Don't listen to people who tell you this game is strategic, you can solo every part it will let you solo with a mage (and you can leave your other party members on passive at the area entrance when you're forced to group). With a party you can stand idle about half the time. The whole Nightmare difficulty Harvester (oh so hard) took 3 tries with the most gimped class (vs. him at least) Rogue, it's considered the hardest thing in the game.
Post edited June 24, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: It was 2 USD more in April.
Same $9.99 for the pack.
orcishgamer: It was 2 USD more in April. Still, I haven't played DA2 yet, but having played DA:O 3 times on XBox and PC I can say it clocks in at "overrated". I guess you get a lot of content, a bit of it is even good. Don't listen to people who tell you this game is strategic, you can solo every part it will let you solo with a mage (and you can leave your other party members on passive at the area entrance when you're forced to group). With a party you can stand idle about half the time. The whole Nightmare difficulty Harvester (oh so hard) took 3 tries with the most gimped class (vs. him at least) Rogue, it's considered the hardest thing in the game.
Highly doubt I could've played the game as easily as you on release (PC version). Archers would've taken me down before I got to half of them. (I used the archery fix though since NPC's were bugged which made them weak). And I played a notch above normal so my teammembers took just as much damage from AOE as the enemy.

Died plenty just playing like that and that was with micromanaging a lot of it ^^

Sadly seeing the GF play through DA:2 I just have no desire to support the game with my money, even at that price. Maybe once it's $5 or $10 with all DLC included.
Post edited June 24, 2012 by Pheace
Man I can't imagine playing a game three times and having that outlook on it. I can sometimes barely finish games I want to make sweet love to.
Me sad.
Me very very sad.
Me very very very very sad.
Attachments:
mesad.jpg (80 Kb)
habit79: Me sad.
Me very very sad.
Fake an address and use Origin to download.
habit79: Me sad.
Me very very sad.
SimonG: Fake an address and use Origin to download.
Always thought about it.
This time I'll try.
Already have DAO : UE on disk a fair while back but never played it (backlog of games is too big....)..mulling over whether to get it the amazon one .....to go for the combo pack or not (is DA2 really that bad?)?.
nijuu: (is DA2 really that bad?)?.
Played DA2 only, and was OK, but the controls wasn't that good.
nijuu: Already have DAO : UE on disk a fair while back but never played it (backlog of games is too big....)..mulling over whether to get it the amazon one .....to go for the combo pack or not (is DA2 really that bad?)?.
I think people overreacted a bit, DA2 is far from the worst game ever made, it is not even bad.
But nor is it really worth playing either. For a story that is supposed to be as personal as the one in DA2, I just felt no real connection with the main character, I did not care about him or what happened to the people around him, and that really hurt the game.
Also, you have probably heard about the repetitive level design. While DA1 is not perfect in this regard, DA2 is far worse. They only made a handful of areas, and then change things up by adding doors to different places. Enemy placement varies a little, but you will still end up facing roughly the same amount of enemies at any given place, even though their type might vary a little.
And then we have the enemies spawning behind you. Don't try to set up your party in a tactical way, to protect your casters and so on, because things will attack you from behind. Every single time. Preparation=pointless waste of time.

From a gameplay point of view, the game is competent enough to not be boring. But it does get really repetitive after a while.

The main thing about DA2 is that it feels rushed, it feels like they should have spent a lot more time on it, but instead they just tried to cram a relatively ambitious game into a very short production time, and the end result suffered, for obvious reasons.
Post edited June 24, 2012 by AFnord
nijuu: Already have DAO : UE on disk a fair while back but never played it (backlog of games is too big....)..mulling over whether to get it the amazon one .....to go for the combo pack or not (is DA2 really that bad?)?.
It's not that bad, it's an ok rpg, better than most, really, but as AFnord said, it's not near as good as the first one. Npcs habilities are less customizables, areas are shamelessly repeated (for example, in a dwarven dungeon that is the base for most dungeons in the game, the doors that are used in one are still in another, you simply can't open them), most of your decisions doesn't matter, as final bosses will be the same with one excuse or the other...
The game was a great dissapointing for me, even if it wasn't that bad, and I decided to never preorder another bioware game, better wait first to see...
But as I said, bor me is a 7-8 out of ten game.
DA2 is not that bad, in my opinion. But the idea was better was better than the actual product.

It's a decent enough price, I would say get it. Just don't expect something amazing.
Pheace: Sadly seeing the GF play through DA:2 I just have no desire to support the game with my money, even at that price. Maybe once it's $5 or $10 with all DLC included.
DA2 will never have an all-in-one pack because the shops don't want to sell it, and it was stated by a Bioware rep.
Tizzysawr: Amazon Digital Deal of the Week:

Dragon Age Franchise.

Contains:

Dragon Age Origins, $4.99
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, $4.99
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition, $7.49
Dragon Age 2, $4.99
Dragon Age Dual Pack, $9.99

All titles activate in Origin. Some of the discounts aren't live yet.

I personally must recommend these to anyone. Getting both games and expansions for $9.99 is a steal, even when Dragon Age 2 isn't very good. The price can't really be beaten considering DA:O and DA:A have well over 50 hours of gameplay when put together (Not counting replaying the games) while DA2, though repetitive, does boast a nice story and should give you at least 10-20 hours of gameplay before it becomes too annoying.
I read on Amazon comments that the DRM is awful at most. I was really thinking to get these but if DRM is so bad, no way. Anyone bought and tried?
grinninglich: I read on Amazon comments that the DRM is awful at most. I was really thinking to get these but if DRM is so bad, no way. Anyone bought and tried?
Origin is about the same as Steam DRM wise, no better and no worse. Whether that is "awful" is subjective.