It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon: Thanks for the info, but i dont like games for windows live at all.
I wasn't telling you to buy Arkham City, I was telling you that in general Origin is a delivery system and not a DRM client. I think only very recent EA games force it's use after downloading the files.
Post edited June 18, 2012 by StingingVelvet
gameon: Alice: Madness Returns
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dead Space 2
Mirror's Edge
Gotham City Impostors

Not bad games, not bad price. But i bet they have drm/clients. If those games were on GOG i'd buy them for definite at those prices!
Not to mention that EA hates Steam's sales, because they cheapen IP...

I happen to agree with that point of view, but as is always the case: the truth is convenient for EA only when it benefits them.
jamyskis: Not to mention that EA hates Steam's sales, because they cheapen IP...

I happen to agree with that point of view, but as is always the case: the truth is convenient for EA only when it benefits them.
It is ironic, but just because one dude at EA says something that doesn't mean their entire policy on said thing is set in stone or even decided.
Oh, my! It's not a sale, but it seems The Last Remnant is now on GamersGate (still Steamworks, I'm afraid), and it's only $15. It's currently $30 on Steam (it had gone up to $50 and was still at that price earlier this year), but the price will likely change to reflect the price on GamersGate.

Perhaps a DRM-free GOG version might be in the foreseeable future after all. :)
Post edited June 18, 2012 by Skunk
Skunk: Oh, my! It's not a sale, but it seems The Last Remnant is now on GamersGate (still Steamworks, I'm afraid), and it's only $15. It's currently $30 on Steam (it had gone up to $50 and was still at that price earlier this year), but the price will likely change to reflect the price on GamersGate.

I got all excited when I saw it thinking it might be Steam-less, but sadly that is not the case. Still might get it now that it's cheaper though.
Skunk: Oh, my! It's not a sale, but it seems The Last Remnant is now on GamersGate (still Steamworks, I'm afraid), and it's only $15. It's currently $30 on Steam (it had gone up to $50 and was still at that price earlier this year), but the price will likely change to reflect the price on GamersGate.

StingingVelvet: I got all excited when I saw it thinking it might be Steam-less, but sadly that is not the case. Still might get it now that it's cheaper though.
I said it was Steamworks right in my original post. :P

The damn game rarely ever goes on sale. I was lucky to get it for $10 years ago. It was 75% off of $40, despite being old as hell and relatively obscure. They ended up actually raising the price to $50 some time after that! They didn't want anybody to buy it. Most people resorted to retail copies (which have to be redeemed on Steam anyway). Now that it's $15, hopefully more people will give it a chance. Given, this sort of game is niche on PC (or anywhere, really...), and there's probably a reason it's not especially popular, but I loved it. I've heard the console version was significantly worse, by the way.

Again, now that it's $15 and GOG has Square Enix, it seems like a prime time for them to try and secure this one. I'd hope that wouldn't be too difficult a feat. It has 37 votes on the wishlist right now. Don't mind my comment there. The wishlist kills paragraphs.
uchos: Apparently there's a sale on Origin with several games at 5EUR (I suppose it may also be 5 USD/UKP)
Thanks for the heads up.

gameon: Thanks for the info, but i dont like games for windows live at all.
If you change your mind about Origin: it's not necessary to have a GFWL account to play Arkham Asylum, you can just make a random offline profile and forget about it.
Indie week at GG..

The witcher 2 assassins of kings enhanced edition 20% off at GG for anyone who missed the 40% here....
Post edited June 18, 2012 by mshashankr
Free game on GamersGate:

Bobby
mshashankr: Indie week at GG..
And I should not buy more games.

*wonders where Cargo: The quest for Gravity came from in his game library*

*realizes that he probably should switch creditcard to one that he does not know the credit card number by heart for, as that would make impulse purchases harder*
Post edited June 18, 2012 by AFnord
Gamersgate got Front Mission Evolved in addition to Last Remnant, and a lower base price as well. 12.99, Steamworks.
mshashankr: Indie week at GG..
AFnord: And I should not buy more games.

*wonders where Cargo: The quest for Gravity came from in his game library*

*realizes that he probably should switch creditcard to one that he does not know the credit card number by heart for, as that would make impulse purchases harder*
Wrong time to take that decision --> SUMMER SAAAAAALEEEE.... !!! :P
Btw, is this the summer sale from GOG? I mean, no D&D Sale or something similar ?!!!?

Impulse 50% off Payday: The Heist Steamworks....., Also Mass Effect 3 is 20$ off...
Post edited June 18, 2012 by mshashankr
Not sure if this has been posted. GameFly PC sale:
http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/search/?kw=RoadTriptotheFuture&pf=1100&cid=sstfgf061712

Examples:
Back to the Future $7.49
Singularity $7.49
Syndicate $20.39

Not sure about region restriction so sorry if this is USA only.
I'm not sure was this posted already, but Telltale has an Almost Everything Pack 50% off:

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/walkingeverything

The actual Walking Dead isn't included in the Almost Everything Pack, but this page is probably the most informative page about the Pack.
Post edited June 18, 2012 by Profanity
Profanity: The actual Walking Dead isn't included in the Almost Everything Pack, but this page is probably the most informative page about the Pack.
A black page that says "The Walking Dead" in light grey, with a few white boxes under it, and the word "verify" in a grey box?
mshashankr: Wrong time to take that decision --> SUMMER SAAAAAALEEEE.... !!! :P
Btw, is this the summer sale from GOG? I mean, no D&D Sale or something similar ?!!!?
I've made that decision several times as of late ;)
Post edited June 18, 2012 by AFnord