It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Games
Sniper Elite V2 35% off
Dungeon Siege III + DLC 75% off
The Guild Franchise 75% off
DCS: Black Shark 2 33% off
(with promo code: JFDCSPROMO)
DCS: A-10C Warthog
33% off
(with promo code: JFDCSPROMO)

Don't forget, we've also got 27% off Civilization V: Gods & Kings when you pre-order, as well as 75% off Civilization V.
StingingVelvet: Love these sales on games I missed while overseas. Dead Island and Darkness 2 procured!
Dead Island is amazing, likely way better than The Darkness 2, so you can use that to decide which you'd like to play first.
Dotemu Kalypso Weekend Sale
Big Fish Games

Buy 1 get 1 free

http://www.bigfishgames.com/promotions/summer
Which Big Fish Games adventure games do people think are the best?
Neilk40: Which Big Fish Games adventure games do people think are the best?
Of the ones I've played, drawn the painted tower stands out.
They sell a few classics that can be found on GoG too, old and news Benoit Sokal adventures.

They also sell Safecracker, which is a fun, cool, short little adventure/puzzle game.

The rest, that they call "adventure games" are basically series of hidden objects games, with a vague narrative frame. Even though the original "mystery case files" (huntsville, ravenhearst, etc) are esthetically decent games, I think you should be very cautious with the "adventure game" label on Big Fish.
maycett: Of the ones I've played, drawn the painted tower stands out.
Yes, Drawn is pretty decent, even if it's a hidden Object Games. I played it on the iPad.
But Big Fish mostly does generic Hidden Object games, calling them 'adventures' deserves a face plam.
Post edited June 16, 2012 by dyscode
The most 'hardcore' thing you can find on Big Fish is, amusingly enough, Avernum 4. I got it for $2.99 a year or two ago.
StingingVelvet: Love these sales on games I missed while overseas. Dead Island and Darkness 2 procured!
orcishgamer: Dead Island is amazing, likely way better than The Darkness 2, so you can use that to decide which you'd like to play first.
Sounds good, I like open world games a lot. I did really like Darkness on a friend's Xbox though, and look forward to playing it again when I finally get a current-gen console.
I think the best way to browse actual adventure games on there is through "Large File Games". There's quite a few good ones there actually, like the mentioned Benoit Sokal games (Nikopol or Sinking Island), the Sherlock Holmes games, the Carol Reed series etc. Some lesser known ones as well, like the Riddle of the Sphinx games (I think it's the cheapest way to get those digitally).
Post edited June 16, 2012 by MoP
Thanks MoP.

Yes some decent adventure games on the Big Fish Games website, the classic Syberia 2 which i bought last weekend on GOG's sale along with the first and the classic The Last Express which i havent bought yet but you can get it on here too, not sure of the differences if any.

Sinking Island looks a good game, what are your opinions on the Law and Order, Nancy Drew, Return to Mysterious Island games?...which in those series are the best place to start?

Also which Sherlock Holmes game on there is the best one?

I loved the programme Law and Order original series, very sad it finished.
Post edited June 16, 2012 by Neilk40
Neilk40: Sinking Island looks a good game, what are your opinions on the Law and Order, Nancy Drew, Return to Mysterious Island games?...which in those series are the best place to start?

Also which Sherlock Holmes game on there is the best one?

I loved the programme Law and Order original series, very sad it finished.
Sinking Island is actually a pretty lackluster game, in particular if you compare it to Syberia. Most of your time well be spent running back & forth, trying to track down the people you need to talk to, but the dialogue never really makes the game feel engaging.

Out of the Sherlock Holmes games, I would recommend that you ignore Mystery of the Mummy, but play the rest (starting with Secret of the Silver Earring, then play The Awakened, followed by Nemesis/vs. Arsene Lupin (different name depending on region) and finally play vs Jack the Ripper)
low rated
Section 8, 83% discount, costs 4.95 euros:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S8/section-8?caff=5969452
Amazon Digital Deal of the Week is Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Specifically:

Mass Effect, $4.99
Mass Effect 2, $4.99 - Activates in ORIGIN
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe, $8.99 - Activates via ORIGIN
Mass Effect + Mass Effect 2 Deluxe pack, $ 11.99