It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: Origin will "pick up" installed games it offers and just adds them to its client. I'm not sure how to prevent this but it doesn't necessarily mean it has any new activation built in, just that you can launch it from there (and maybe patch it, not sure about that one as typically you need different patch versions for different game builds).

This is why non-Origin games, such as Spore, show up in Origin after you install them.
It will actually patch them as well since Origin doesn't add any DRM it just installs the normal generic patches if your missing them
Sanctum is on sale on GG.

Sanctum base game -66% (here it is £2.36)
Sanctum Collection -66% (here it is £5.10) contains all DLC's
Sanctum 4-pack -66% (here it is £7.09) No DLC, but 4 keys for base game.

The collection is a good deal. It is a fresh FPS take on tower-defence genre.
And for those it matter - it is a Steamworks game.
There is a massive sale at GG, mostly Steamworks games.

Here are some of them,

Just Cause 2 60% off
Just Cause 2 Complete Edition 60% off
Killing Floor 75% off
Magicka 70% off
Magicka Colection 70% off
Nuclear Dawn 75% off
Blades of Time Limited Edition 75% off
Blades of Time 75% off
Renegade Ops 70% off
Lead and Gold 70% off
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 75% off
Post edited June 04, 2012 by grynn
People might want to check Origin in their region. Origin Japan is offering an "Origin first birthday sale" with 50% off several titles including Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3. Highlights for Origin Japan are Dead Space, Mercenaries 2 (both at 380 yen), and Mass Effect 3 at 2740 yen (deluxe edition).

I've also noticed that they've started pricing their older titles fairly. Gone is the 7300 yen price tag on Mirror's Edge, it's now only 2480 (1240 in current sale).

So if Origin Japan is holding a sale, it's likely the others are too as Origin Japan rarely bothers with sales, especially ones that give 50% off!
Both Darkness Within games games on a steep sale on GG again. Mind, DW2 is unpatchable in GG edition. Even the patch they provide refuses to install.
Only 50% off for me :(
Tizzysawr: Only 50% off for me :(
Yeah, it was on sale for 75% off for a short duration, then they changed it to 50%. Possibly the 75% was a mistake on their part. Nice for the customers who acted quick enough (GamersGate won't tray to revoke their purchases, they usually stand by their mistakes).
Psyringe: Yeah, it was on sale for 75% off for a short duration, then they changed it to 50%. Possibly the 75% was a mistake on their part. Nice for the customers who acted quick enough (GamersGate won't tray to revoke their purchases, they usually stand by their mistakes).
Gamersgate can't revoke the purchase, simple as that. As the Ferengi Rule of Aquisition says. A contract is a contract is a contract.
Psyringe: Yeah, it was on sale for 75% off for a short duration, then they changed it to 50%. Possibly the 75% was a mistake on their part. Nice for the customers who acted quick enough (GamersGate won't tray to revoke their purchases, they usually stand by their mistakes).
SimonG: Gamersgate can't revoke the purchase, simple as that. As the Ferengi Rule of Aquisition says. A contract is a contract is a contract.
That actually depends. There are also laws that allow retailers, particularly online ones, to cancel purchases made when prices had errors. Amazon, for example, put up a $2000 tv on sale for like $100 a few years ago by mistake. A bunch of people placed orders that, naturally, weren't ever fulfilled.

Then again, I believe Amazon cancelled the orders before they were charged. No idea what happens once the customer has been charged, though Amazon did honor an error price with some CDs a few months ago when I got like 25 CDs for $30. They cancelled the orders that hadn't yet been charged, but the ones they had charged me for they sent to me. So it depends, I guess.
SimonG: Gamersgate can't revoke the purchase, simple as that. As the Ferengi Rule of Aquisition says. A contract is a contract is a contract.
Tizzysawr: That actually depends. There are also laws that allow retailers, particularly online ones, to cancel purchases made when prices had errors. Amazon, for example, put up a $2000 tv on sale for like $100 a few years ago by mistake. A bunch of people placed orders that, naturally, weren't ever fulfilled.

Then again, I believe Amazon cancelled the orders before they were charged. No idea what happens once the customer has been charged, though Amazon did honor an error price with some CDs a few months ago when I got like 25 CDs for $30. They cancelled the orders that hadn't yet been charged, but the ones they had charged me for they sent to me. So it depends, I guess.
At least in Europe, you could, through some legal wand magic, wiggle yourself out of really bad deals. Like the one you described. Even then it takes some serious wiggling. But mistakenly charging 75% instead of 50% isn't something nearly severe enought to actually wave that wand. It should be noted however, that in most deals done on the internet (but not ebay, eg), "buying" the game is only the offer on your part and the confirmation e-mail is actually closing the deal. (Excactly for those reasons).
Yeah, I just wouldn't put it past some digital download services to at least try such things, no matter what the actual legal situation is. ;) I wouldn't expect such shenanigans from GamersGate though.
bansama: People might want to check Origin in their region. Origin Japan is offering an "Origin first birthday sale" with 50% off several titles including Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3. Highlights for Origin Japan are Dead Space, Mercenaries 2 (both at 380 yen), and Mass Effect 3 at 2740 yen (deluxe edition).

I've also noticed that they've started pricing their older titles fairly. Gone is the 7300 yen price tag on Mirror's Edge, it's now only 2480 (1240 in current sale).

So if Origin Japan is holding a sale, it's likely the others are too as Origin Japan rarely bothers with sales, especially ones that give 50% off!
No sale in here ( Hungary , EU store ) .
Awesome! In before GG realized their 75% off mistake for Blades of Time LE! W00t!!

Just wanted to note here that Pulsen is now free from all Pulsen distributors (pretty much GG and Indievania).

I think they're hoping to sell the expansion DLCs by giving away the base game free.

Pulsen is a rhythm game.
It's weird to see so much excitement over Blades of Time, the demo made it seem like a good concept, but it still clearly had warts. I'd pay maybe 15 USD for the XBox 360 console version on a lark, but not more.
Gamersgate does this from time to time and I actually believe it is done purposefully. Excellent deals for those who are fortunate to catch them in time.