It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Psyringe: Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition is 75% off (4.99$) at GamersGate. The bundle includes the "Rush Hour" expansion and is DRM-free.

Note: Only available in the US (or through proxy / gifting; there shouldn't be any problems with regionalized permissions since the game is, as said, DRM-free.

I'm thinking about getting this. I've always enjoyed the Sim City games - they didn't last long for me, but it was always enjoyable while it lasted. And 5$ seems like a pretty good price for such an experience. :)
Oh, last week it was 50% off (5 pound) on the uk-site. I was also thinking about it, but at that price I decided to wait for a gog release. Now at 5$ I need to rethink this, very tempting offer.

Btw, the is a little bit bigger then the [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SC4DEUS/simcity-4-deluxe-edition]US edition, I will need to check for differences.
Post edited June 02, 2012 by DukeNukemForever
Psyringe: Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition is 75% off (4.99$) at GamersGate. The bundle includes the "Rush Hour" expansion and is DRM-free.

Note: Only available in the US (or through proxy / gifting; there shouldn't be any problems with regionalized permissions since the game is, as said, DRM-free.

I'm thinking about getting this. I've always enjoyed the Sim City games - they didn't last long for me, but it was always enjoyable while it lasted. And 5$ seems like a pretty good price for such an experience. :)
DukeNukemForever: Oh, last week it was 50% off (5 pound) on the uk-site. I was also thinking about it, but at that price I decided to wait for a gog release. Now at 5$ I need to rethink this, very tempting offer.

Btw, the is a little bit bigger then the [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SC4DEUS/simcity-4-deluxe-edition]US edition, I will need to check for differences.
Good catch. It's only a 22 MB difference though. The most likely explanation is probably that the US release includes the US version of DirectX, while the UK release includes the international version. But that's just speculation, I haven't checked it.
Post edited June 02, 2012 by Psyringe
DukeNukemForever: Oh, last week it was 50% off (5 pound) on the uk-site. I was also thinking about it, but at that price I decided to wait for a gog release. Now at 5$ I need to rethink this, very tempting offer.

Psyringe: Good catch. It's only a 22 MB difference though. The most likely explanation is probably that the US release includes the US version of DirectX, while the UK release includes the international version. But that's just speculation, I haven't checked it.
That's maybe the reason. I checked wikipedia and mobygames and found no difference so far. The description on both gamepages are the same. Beside the Rush-Hour addon wikipedia write about smaller addons downloadable from the webpage, like the Brandenburg Gate or Stonehenge, but the link to it is dead.

Edit: Oh for god sake, I buy it. Btw, found some of the addons (Brandenburger)under http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/files.php?cat=42.
Post edited June 02, 2012 by DukeNukemForever
If you're going to play SC4 you should download the Network Addon Mod
GoJays2025: If you're going to play SC4 you should download the Network Addon Mod
Thanks! I had seen links to this mod before, but ignored them, thinking "I won't play over the net anyway". Your recommendation made me take another look, and I found out that this mod in fact doesn't address online play, but fixes and enhances the traffic networks ... *facepalm to self* ;)

Any other mods that are recommended? At this point I'm mostly interested in graphics enhancements and (if they exist) huge mega-mods with gameplay additions that have been accepted by the community.
If you're interested in buggy, unfinished games then check out Steam's Daily Deal - 75% off Sword of the Stars II.
ABH20: If you're interested in buggy, unfinished games then check out Steam's Daily Deal - 75% off Sword of the Stars II.
It's not a bad game... just unplayable :P it would be a great game if you could you know actually play it for more than 10 minutes...
ABH20: If you're interested in buggy, unfinished games then check out Steam's Daily Deal - 75% off Sword of the Stars II.
You deserve + 1 rep for this .
ne_zavarj: You deserve + 1 rep for this .
Didn't they promise to have this thing patched up by a certain date? Is not that date fast approaching? Any word? I assume this is another Battlecruiser 3000 AD type game...
ne_zavarj: You deserve + 1 rep for this .
orcishgamer: Didn't they promise to have this thing patched up by a certain date? Is not that date fast approaching? Any word? I assume this is another Battlecruiser 3000 AD type game...
It's had a buttload of patches it's still buggy but they are still releasing patches (one hit last week infact)

::edit::
and today apparently
Post edited June 02, 2012 by wodmarach
orcishgamer: Didn't they promise to have this thing patched up by a certain date? Is not that date fast approaching? Any word? I assume this is another Battlecruiser 3000 AD type game...
wodmarach: It's had a buttload of patches it's still buggy but they are still releasing patches (one hit last week infact)

::edit::
and today apparently
Alright, I'm guessing they'll fail in their quest to make this playable and pass:)
Psyringe: Any other mods that are recommended? At this point I'm mostly interested in graphics enhancements and (if they exist) huge mega-mods with gameplay additions that have been accepted by the community.
I'm afraid I'm not sure... I only use NAM myself.

Also, the first Sword of the Stars is on sale as well ($5 for the complete collection).
Post edited June 02, 2012 by GoJays2025
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection (the first part) is also discounted on Steam (4.99 USD/EUR).

mod: I'm late :)
Post edited June 02, 2012 by gyokzoli
Careful, you don't want to summon... HIM.
ABH20: Careful, you don't want to summon... HIM.
You've got to say his name three times.