It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Balazs: Sounds easy, thanks! Only thing is, won't they recognize that, based on my IP adress, I'm outside of the US?
If they bothered to do that, yes. But I've ordered a few games that way without a hitch. The only downside is that I get a charge from my bank for international transactions.
Balazs: Sounds easy, thanks! Only thing is, won't they recognize that, based on my IP adress, I'm outside of the US?
Apparently only if you need support.
trusteft: Paradox keeps releasing games as steamworks only lately and I don't like it at all. I find myself buying fewer titles because of it.
AFnord: Paradox will still release their first party titles as DRM free on Gamer's Gate.
Not really. Crusader Kings 2 is steam only. If you buy it on Gamersgate, you still need to activate it on steam.
AFnord: Paradox will still release their first party titles as DRM free on Gamer's Gate.
keeveek: Not really. Crusader Kings 2 is steam only. If you buy it on Gamersgate, you still need to activate it on steam.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CK2/crusader-kings-ii
DRM Free.
But that version has a built in online DLC store.
keeveek: Not really. Crusader Kings 2 is steam only. If you buy it on Gamersgate, you still need to activate it on steam.
It says DRM free on Gamer's Gate, and Paradox stated before the release that they would offer a DRM free release on Gamer's Gate, for those who don't want to use steam.
Navagon: If they bothered to do that, yes. But I've ordered a few games that way without a hitch. The only downside is that I get a charge from my bank for international transactions.
Also @Pheace: Thanks, guys! I'll pick them up later today. :)
grviper: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CK2/crusader-kings-ii
DRM Free.
But that version has a built in online DLC store.
Oh, haven't seen that. Did they change it recently? Well, they sure sell the steamworks version everywhere else...

So only Sword of the stars 2 and Defenders of ardania and Magicka remain steamworks titles.
keeveek: Oh, haven't seen that. Did they change it recently? Well, they sure sell the steamworks version everywhere else...

So only Sword of the stars 2 and Defenders of ardania and Magicka remain steamworks titles.
To my knowledge, the Gamer's Gate version is the only one that is DRM free, all other versions uses steam.
Navagon: Give it a US billing address. Like a hotel or something like that. Needs to be one with a phone number, zip code etc. It won't work otherwise.

After that you get the same kind of downloader program and serial deal as Gamersgate (if you're familiar with them).
Well, that was a lot easier than I thought it would be :D Thanks heaps Navagon (and you too keeveek!) It's lucky I'm staying in Washington this time of year >_>
Navagon: Give it a US billing address. Like a hotel or something like that. Needs to be one with a phone number, zip code etc. It won't work otherwise.

After that you get the same kind of downloader program and serial deal as Gamersgate (if you're familiar with them).
shane-o: Well, that was a lot easier than I thought it would be :D Thanks heaps Navagon (and you too keeveek!) It's lucky I'm staying in Washington this time of year >_>
You don't even need to enter a real location. I'm from a top secret town in Alaska. It is so secret that you can't even find it on a map, but believe me, I'm from there. All you need to do is make sure that the zip-code matches the range for the selected state.
shane-o: Well, that was a lot easier than I thought it would be :D Thanks heaps Navagon (and you too keeveek!) It's lucky I'm staying in Washington this time of year >_>
AFnord: You don't even need to enter a real location. I'm from a top secret town in Alaska. It is so secret that you can't even find it on a map, but believe me, I'm from there. All you need to do is make sure that the zip-code matches the range for the selected state.
I just took the plunge. Thanks for the Alaska tip~
I was hesitate about buying any games from Amazon before. But the deal was a no-brainer since I didn't have any of the games in the bundle. Just used any hotel address,zip code in Alaska on hotel reviews sites and that was it.
Post edited May 27, 2012 by stonecold111
I would rather advise to check taxes in different states.

It's better to choose a state with lower % tax on digital games :P

I'm living in Cambridge, Minnesota, if somebody asked me.

PS. Phone number is irrelevant.

Only Zip code and the state 'integrity' are checked.

somebody from the US could advise which states to use for the lowest taxation?
Post edited May 27, 2012 by keeveek
Navagon: If they bothered to do that, yes. But I've ordered a few games that way without a hitch. The only downside is that I get a charge from my bank for international transactions.
I'm here with a slight warning, there's two different downloading methods on the Amazon.com site, I have no reason to believe either is different as far as checking IP address, asonce they have sold you the item they seem dedicated to getting it to you, but there's a tiny chance and you may notice a difference in method of downloading between games.

Finally, if the game has an Origin or Steam key you can not bother at all with Amazon's downloader and just put the key into the aforementioned client.
keeveek: I would rather advise to check taxes in different states.

It's better to choose a state with lower % tax on digital games :P

I'm living in Cambridge, Minnesota, if somebody asked me.

PS. Phone number is irrelevant.

Only Zip code and the state 'integrity' are checked.

somebody from the US could advise which states to use for the lowest taxation?
Delaware has no sales tax.
Snickersnack: Delaware has no sales tax.
Good to know! Time to move :D