It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PandaLiang: Any one mind to help me getting this bundle from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Z5Y9G4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tizsdom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007Z5Y9G4

I will return any item(s) from GOG or Steam worthing $9.99 (combined).

PM please.

(I think I was putting this on "Classifieds" thread, how come it ends up here.......)
I wouldn't worry about it, it seems to be a fairly common pebkac error. Please ensure all cables are firmly connected, and carry defragmentation grenades on your person at all times.
Attachments:
Psyringe: Judging from the structure of the game's info page, the collection is its own item, coming with its own installer. It's not just a bundle of four separate DRM-free items. So its possible that it has DRM management which the individual games don't have. I'm actually downloading it at the moment, so I can probably give more reliable information later.
the_bard: Please do. I am interested in Sega Bass Fishing. The others would be alright I guess. I still have my Dreamcast and a copy of Crazy Taxi laying around here somewhere.
I downloaded and installed the compilation now. The compilation is indeed one item. You even have to install all four games (they are listed as seperate in the game's installer, but I saw no way of deselecting anything). The compilation uses Starforce DRM, you need to be online for activation, and the key is limited to 3 activations (GamersGate will supply you with new keys if you run out of activations, but it's still very restricting and inconvenient).

I looked for a way to install/play the games without using the activation, but didn't find one. GamersGate downloads four separate cab files, one for each of the games. You can extract these manually, but they are missing the executables. These are contained in the compilation's installer. Afterwards, even if you start a game's executable manually (i.e. without using the launcher that's provided for the compilation), it will ask for a serial key. If you're mainly interested in SEGA Bass Fishing, and don't want to encumber your machine with Starforce DRM, then you're probably better off buying that game separately. The separate game is denoted as "DRM Free" in the shop.
Psyringe: I downloaded and installed the compilation now. The compilation is indeed one item. You even have to install all four games (they are listed as seperate in the game's installer, but I saw no way of deselecting anything). The compilation uses Starforce DRM, you need to be online for activation, and the key is limited to 3 activations (GamersGate will supply you with new keys if you run out of activations, but it's still very restricting and inconvenient).

I looked for a way to install/play the games without using the activation, but didn't find one. GamersGate downloads four separate cab files, one for each of the games. You can extract these manually, but they are missing the executables. These are contained in the compilation's installer. Afterwards, even if you start a game's executable manually (i.e. without using the launcher that's provided for the compilation), it will ask for a serial key. If you're mainly interested in SEGA Bass Fishing, and don't want to encumber your machine with Starforce DRM, then you're probably better off buying that game separately. The separate game is denoted as "DRM Free" in the shop.
Yeah, I'll pass. Thanks. Really ridiculous they did that.
Tizzysawr: The apparent logic behind it is that Double Fine has never released updates for the non-steam versions of their titles (as happened with Psychonauts), so selling STEAM copies seems to be the way to go in order to make sure the customer will get support for their game from the company.
ne_zavarj: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/psychonauts/psychonauts_patch_1_05_retail_gog_and_other_dd_officially_unofficial_release
I believe that's awesome - but it's unofficial ;) Amazon, being a retailer, can't endorse an unofficial patch even when it's those patches that sometimes make games properly good :D
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want SEGA Bass Fishing. I would've bought that bundle in an instant if they hadn't crippled it with the stupid DRM. The bastards...

I played the hell out of it on the Dreamcast. No idea what I did with it. Seeing it again today just slapped me in the face with good feelings of a time when I played it in past(much like the Mumm-Ra action figure I saw for 15 USD the other day... -__-).

Man, I may just have to suck it up and buy it. And hope it's DRM free(SEGA Bass Fishing; not Mumm-Ra. Though Mumm-Ra is on the list).
Post edited May 06, 2012 by the_bard
PenguinJim: Saint's Row The Third (Steam) is now £6.85/US$11 on Shopto's download store. Nice! (If you don't mind using Steam)
DodoGeo: Great find, thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know how DLC for this game works?
I've seen the Third Season Pass, is that like a bundle for all DLC for this game?
You might be better off buying the DLC separately, as it can get pretty cheap (and as it's all Steamworks, it doesn't matter where you buy it). Shopto have the SR3 Genkibowl VII DLC for 85p at the moment, too.
Tizzysawr: I believe that's awesome - but it's unofficial ;) Amazon, being a retailer, can't endorse an unofficial patch even when it's those patches that sometimes make games properly good :D
Actually according to Tony from Amazon DVG over on the CAG forum the apparent logic behind it was that Double Fine only offered them to sell their Steam Keys. Would have been nice of them to offer both and let the customer decide, but in the end it was Double Fine*s decision to do it this way...
uqblf: Actually according to Tony from Amazon DVG over on the CAG forum the apparent logic behind it was that Double Fine only offered them to sell their Steam Keys. Would have been nice of them to offer both and let the customer decide, but in the end it was Double Fine*s decision to do it this way...
I see. Do Stacking and Costume Quest even have non-steam releases?
Psyringe: I downloaded and installed the compilation now. The compilation is indeed one item. You even have to install all four games (they are listed as seperate in the game's installer, but I saw no way of deselecting anything). The compilation uses Starforce DRM, you need to be online for activation, and the key is limited to 3 activations (GamersGate will supply you with new keys if you run out of activations, but it's still very restricting and inconvenient).

Thanks for posting this info. I was tempted to buy the pack despite it having starforce, but I think I'll give it a miss now.
The Haunted: Hells Reach is 66% off at GG today. UK site offers it a bit cheaper.

£3.38
$6.78
Post edited May 07, 2012 by grynn
grynn: The Haunted: Hells Reach is 66% off at GG today. UK site offers it a bit cheaper.

£3.38
$6.78
A little info :
DRM: Steamworks
uqblf: Actually according to Tony from Amazon DVG over on the CAG forum the apparent logic behind it was that Double Fine only offered them to sell their Steam Keys. Would have been nice of them to offer both and let the customer decide, but in the end it was Double Fine*s decision to do it this way...
Tizzysawr: I see. Do Stacking and Costume Quest even have non-steam releases?
Costume Quest is Steamworks, but Stacking not. Though I'm not sure if there's a non-Steam version out there.
grynn: The Haunted: Hells Reach is 66% off at GG today. UK site offers it a bit cheaper.

£3.38
$6.78
ne_zavarj: A little info :
DRM: Steamworks
Doesnt seem to be sold on Steam for some reason. Only 3 base weapons (which are upgradeable).hmmmmmmm
nijuu: Doesnt seem to be sold on Steam for some reason. Only 3 base weapons (which are upgradeable).hmmmmmmm
You're in Australia so it's probably uncertified, therefore unsellable to you.
nijuu: Doesnt seem to be sold on Steam for some reason. Only 3 base weapons (which are upgradeable).hmmmmmmm
Foxhack: You're in Australia so it's probably uncertified, therefore unsellable to you.
Normally it says Oops unavailable in your region though.... if i bought it (from GG) and tried to activate it on Steam would it work?.