It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the_bard: I can wait till August then. Thanks.
FiatLux: At the Winter Sale 2011:the price for the id Software Pack didn't fall to less than 44.99 EUR , so it is hard to predict how low that they will go om any upcomming sale......
hmmm ::(
the_bard: Is the id bundle a good deal?
Just last week, the bundle was $70. I know, I checked out of curiosity when I remembered my friend bought the pack with Quake IV (which I picked up a little while back) and RAGE. Now it's 50% off of $100. This is far from the first time they've done this. Pointing this out the last time they did this resulted in a ban from SPUF.

As I said in that topic, I picked it up for $24, so $50 isn't too bad considering it now comes with Quake IV and RAGE. However, it's not really half-off right now, and it's likely to go on discount for a better deal. Besides all that, this release is barebones (id plainly doesn't give a fuck anymore), so be prepared to download the soundtracks for Quake I-II and Hexen II, and play around with settings and source ports. There are some community things on the forums to help out, I haven't really bothered with much of it. Just make sure you know that there is SOME level of extra work involved after downloading for the best experience.

You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck, though, even if you do pay twice as much as I did. For one thing, even if they were to suddenly show up some time in the foreseeable future on GOG, you'd be lucky to get all this for $50 even if it was more than 50% off. The Commander Keen series, Wolfenstein 3D, Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels of Doom II (doesn't include the community wads from the retail release), Final Doom, Heretic, and Hexen all use DOSBox, and can be used with source ports. You'll have to download them at least once through Steam, but they're all DRM free.

Quake (no music included), Quake II (ditto), Quake III, and Hexen II (same) have to be launched through Steam, but if you use a source port, you'll circumvent the DRM just like that. I'm uncertain whether such solutions exist for Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Doom III.

It depends on how urgently you want to pick up this pack. I'd say you could save about $20 more, but that's about it, and you could pay $20 more, and a dime after that means you're probably overpaying. QuakeCon is just around the corner. No shame in trying to save even a dollar extra; id barely deserves the money and Valve hardly needs it.
Skunk: Just last week, the bundle was $70. I know, I checked out of curiosity when I remembered my friend bought the pack with Quake IV (which I picked up a little while back) and RAGE. Now it's 50% off of $100. This is far from the first time they've done this. Pointing this out the last time they did this resulted in a ban from SPUF.

As I said in that topic, I picked it up for $24, so $50 isn't too bad considering it now comes with Quake IV and RAGE. However, it's not really half-off right now, and it's likely to go on discount for a better deal. Besides all that, this release is barebones (id plainly doesn't give a fuck anymore), so be prepared to download the soundtracks for Quake I-II and Hexen II, and play around with settings and source ports. There are some community things on the forums to help out, I haven't really bothered with much of it. Just make sure you know that there is SOME level of extra work involved after downloading for the best experience.

You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck, though, even if you do pay twice as much as I did. For one thing, even if they were to suddenly show up some time in the foreseeable future on GOG, you'd be lucky to get all this for $50 even if it was more than 50% off. The Commander Keen series, Wolfenstein 3D, Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels of Doom II (doesn't include the community wads from the retail release), Final Doom, Heretic, and Hexen all use DOSBox, and can be used with source ports. You'll have to download them at least once through Steam, but they're all DRM free.

Quake (no music included), Quake II (ditto), Quake III, and Hexen II (same) have to be launched through Steam, but if you use a source port, you'll circumvent the DRM just like that. I'm uncertain whether such solutions exist for Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Doom III.

It depends on how urgently you want to pick up this pack. I'd say you could save about $20 more, but that's about it, and you could pay $20 more, and a dime after that means you're probably overpaying. QuakeCon is just around the corner. No shame in trying to save even a dollar extra; id barely deserves the money and Valve hardly needs it.
:O:O:O
Skunk: Just last week, the bundle was $70. I know, I checked out of curiosity when I remembered my friend bought the pack with Quake IV (which I picked up a little while back) and RAGE. Now it's 50% off of $100. This is far from the first time they've done this. Pointing this out the last time they did this resulted in a ban from SPUF.

Nice mods they have over there. Damn. I see what you're saying. I'll have to sleep on it. I already own some of those. I wonder what will happen if I buy the bundle?
There's two great games on promo,

I bought them today for $14.99 and $11.24 and they are drm-free, madness! it's a site called gog.com! :) /proud

taczillabr: Indie Allstars Bundle

it's a PWYW music bundle, at http://www.indie-allstars.com/
tomhrxbfg: no games involved....
yes, music only.

the_bard: I guess what Im asking is has anyone seen a lower price on that bundle? Should I wait?
the id pack was sold for $25 or so, in previous steam sales. wait. ;)
GamersGate is having a sale on Batman titles - including these:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GotY for 4.99 $/€ (75% off)

Batman: Arkham City for 11.18€ / 11.98$(60% off)

Lego: Batman the Video Game for 6.78 $/€ (66% off)

All three games use Securom DRM.
Post edited May 09, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: GamersGate is having a sale on Batman titles - including these:

BEWARE, GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE. BEWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE *wiggles hands*
Psyringe: GamersGate is having a sale on Batman titles - including these:

Lego: Batman the Video Game for 6.78 $/€ (66% off)

All three games use Securom DRM.
I'd avoid getting Batman Arkham City at this point, GOTY is coming out soon and will include the Harley Quinn story DLC (along with all other DLC), even if you don't want the skins and challenge maps you'll probably want the HQ DLC. Catwoman story DLC is not an issue on PC so that one doesn't really merit consideration.
GOTY price will be inflated for a while by the lame DLC. Getting AC cheap and buying the HQ DLC on its' own will likely cost you less if you don't give a crap about challenge rooms, costumes, and playing as Robin (seriously, I have to PAY to be Robin? Should be the other way around).
Post edited May 09, 2012 by Sinizine
Sinizine: GOTY price will be inflated for a while by the lame DLC. Getting AC cheap and buying the HQ DLC on its' own will likely cost you less if you don't give a crap about challenge rooms, costumes, and playing as Robin (seriously, I have to PAY to be Robin? Should be the other way around).
Probably, but by Christmas the price difference will be flipped the other direction. I guess it depends on if you're willing to wait 6 months, if one waited this long then it's probably not a stretch to wait it the rest out.
FiatLux: At the Winter Sale 2011:the price for the id Software Pack didn't fall to less than 44.99 EUR , so it is hard to predict how low that they will go om any upcomming sale......
eny4lios: hmmm ::(
Well , one never knows , maybe at a point they will have sold so many bundles/games that they will lower the price ;-)

The problem you mention about bundle price being "floating" and seemingly regulated up before sales to make offers sound better is very usefull information but I think that Steam is generally plagqued by inflated prices that are too high on many games per standard.
And SP zero tolerance policy at the SPUF is nothing new (I got kicked off the forum myself - because I wouldn't take it) .
But have you any information how the bundle prices is tied in with the "regional prices ?
Also if they are "fiddleing with the bundle prices then perhaps it is something that www.steamprices.com could take a look at if they are not doing so already (perhaps someone at this forum knows someone over there) (?)
Foxhack: Yeah, I got the Bethesda / ID pack during the Quakecon event and it included all of these games, plus the Elder Scrolls games, Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout New Vegas with the three DLCs released until then, and Brink.
How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it ? (yres , I understood the " Quakecon" but doesn't know if that means sale at a physical location or online and in which parts of the world - though my guess would ofcourse be US).
Post edited May 10, 2012 by FiatLux
GamersGate:

Need for Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed Uk - £3.74

You can activate it on Origin.
Amazon has the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum edition marked down from $29.99 to $4.99 right now and it is DRM free for those into such things.

Personally, I prefer DRM free but understand those that prefer to have it attached to a client like Steam.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum edition - 4.99
avwjase: Amazon has the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum edition marked down from $29.99 to $4.99 right now and it is DRM free for those into such things.

Personally, I prefer DRM free but understand those that prefer to have it attached to a client like Steam.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum edition - 4.99
Finally, a good price.