It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yep. There are plenty games with activation limits on Steam. Also, steam is the only place where they don't give a fuck if you ran out of activation limits.

For example, with Crysis Warhead - steam doesn't give a shit about the fact you've lost your activation limits. You have to go to EA directly and they give you Origin key, to install and play there, without any limits.
keeveek: Yep. There are plenty games with activation limits on Steam. Also, steam is the only place where they don't give a fuck if you ran out of activation limits.

For example, with Crysis Warhead - steam doesn't give a shit about the fact you've lost your activation limits. You have to go to EA directly and they give you Origin key, to install and play there, without any limits.
but don't all EA games come with a deauthorization tool anyway?i have plenty of newer EA games (including the 3 Crysis installments) and all of them have a deauthorization option. that includes phyiscal retail releases as well as digital editions bought on Steam (NFS: HP, for example).
Post edited April 26, 2012 by Fred_DM
keeveek: Yep. There are plenty games with activation limits on Steam. Also, steam is the only place where they don't give a fuck if you ran out of activation limits.

Other than perhaps not selling those games to begin with, what exactly do you expect Steam to do when you run out? They're not the ones who are imposing the limit, the publisher is.
Pidgeot: Other than perhaps not selling those games to begin with, what exactly do you expect Steam to do when you run out? They're not the ones who are imposing the limit, the publisher is.
I would expect them to do what GamersGate does and give a shit about their customers. But they don't.

Pidgeot: Other than perhaps not selling those games to begin with, what exactly do you expect Steam to do when you run out? They're not the ones who are imposing the limit, the publisher is.
I would expect them to guarantee their customers to resupply them with new keys. GamersGate does that. Steam _could_ do it, but why should they? People are obviously still buying from them, and they even have people defending their blatant disregard for their customers on third party forums.
orcishgamer: No sales on the DLC? Even the new mappack was on sale during the Amazon.com sale (which also was selling the base game for a few cents cheaper).
I have noticed that it seems to be a new trend at Steam that often at Daily Deals they won't include the DLCs as being on offer too as often as they used to be....
For me it has been something noticeably that I comprehend as a switch in policy at Steam.....
wodmarach: my recommendation is.. find a time machine and go back 1 week to pick it up on GG during their 1c complete sale >.<
Really funny/"cute (not meant as ironic) - you made me think about all the people that gave one reason or another for not picking up he 1C pack at GG when it were on sale..... I know more guys offline that did not have the "good sense" to go pick it up while it lasted (if they were not interested themselves then they could have used the games for gifting...)
So big smile here from me - I think that what you wrote were as funny as if you told a good joke.... ;-)
Post edited April 26, 2012 by FiatLux
SimonG: so it might just be better to use Steam this time. ;-P
ne_zavarj: Sorry , but i'm refusing to use Steam for digital purchase . No Half Life 2: Episode 3 , no more purchase . Already gave Gabe enough money
Yeah ! . I have decided to buy as much as possible of what I want from other places than Steam......
Psyringe: I would expect them to guarantee their customers to resupply them with new keys. GamersGate does that. Steam _could_ do it, but why should they? People are obviously still buying from them, and they even have people defending their blatant disregard for their customers on third party forums.
Then try this one for size :
I have had a login issue with them for 5 (FIVE) months (I will not go into details here) , they however blamed me and my computer for months only within the last month or so have they accepted that fault is at their end and even after that they still haven't found a fix yet.
I told them from the start that problem were at their end but they wouldn't listen (as they have all the standard procedures and when they ran out of them they still claimed that problem were at my end , it took a another computer and fresh install + plus an info file from that setup to get it through their skulls that the problem were at their end not mine..... I just wrote them and told them my opinion on some things the other day)
Post edited April 26, 2012 by FiatLux
Amazon Digital:

Crysis, $4.99

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, $39.99 - Activates on Steam

They are also offering a small discount on The Walking Dead:

The Walking Dead, $22.49 - Activates on Steam
Tizzysawr: Amazon Digital:

Crysis, $4.99

hasnt crysis been on sale every few weeks or so?.
Another Amazon Digital offer:

Final Fantasy XIV, $9.99

That is, if anyone feels like checking the game out. I'd recommend you wait til 2.0 is out, and even then there's a chance it'll remain terrible. Still $9.99 for a MMO is a very low entry price and one where the risk is almost nonexistant.

Tizzysawr: Amazon Digital:

Crysis, $4.99

nijuu: hasnt crysis been on sale every few weeks or so?.
Most EA and THQ games seem to go on sale once a month on Amazon. They might as well make them the permanent prices :P
GameStop / Impulse Flash Sale Friday offer

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2967

90% off . Only 500 available . Start this Friday 12:PM CST

Bundle includes :

Gray Matter
Helldorado
Edna and Harvey – The Breakout
Cargo! The Quest For Gravity
Really Big Sky
And Yet It Moves
Gratuitous Space Battles
SickBrick
ne_zavarj: 90% off . Only 500 available . Start this Friday 12:PM CST
500 at 90% off? Seems like a 90 second offer or a DDOS invite.
ne_zavarj: 90% off . Only 500 available . Start this Friday 12:PM CST
... but there's no price listed. :(

Also surprised they're not region locking this one.

Plus not a lot of people will care about this pack...
You kiddin?

Gray Matter is one of the best adventure games made recently.