It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the_bard: So, are these two worth it?

nvm just gifted them. So, I guess they can tell me.
They're pretty good adventure games. The only snag I had was the final part in Time Gentlemen Please.

They're a dollar and you'll get about 4-5 hours of gametime from them, so...
the_bard: So, are these two worth it?

nvm just gifted them. So, I guess they can tell me.
They were pretty fun, and well worth the current asking price. While not outstanding, they are short enough to not overstay their welcome, and some of the jokes were clever enough. If you have played the old Lucas Arts adventure games, then you will probably enjoy them a lot more than someone who has not, as they make more than a few nods towards the golden age of Lucas Arts adventure games.
AFnord: They were pretty fun, and well worth the current asking price. While not outstanding, they are short enough to not overstay their welcome, and some of the jokes were clever enough. If you have played the old Lucas Arts adventure games, then you will probably enjoy them a lot more than someone who has not, as they make more than a few nods towards the golden age of Lucas Arts adventure games.
Alright, cool. The person I gifted them too seems to be enjoying them well enough atm. LOL
Foxhack: They're a dollar and you'll get about 4-5 hours of gametime from them, so...
Cool. Thanks. I can hear laughter, though they have headphones on. hahaha
Post edited April 25, 2012 by the_bard
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition is on sale at GamersGate for 66% off (13.58 $/€, 10.18 £).

If you like turn-based tactical sports games set in a grossly violent and wildly humorous fantasy universe, GET IT. It's a faithful implementation of the popular tabletop game Blood Bowl, complete with online leagues and lots of other features. Read the detailed review by that "Psyringe" guy on the page I linked to, even he seems to enjoy the game, and he's usually pretty critical in his reviews. :)
Post edited April 25, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: If you like turn-based tactical sports games set in a grossly violent and wildly humorous fantasy universe, GET IT.
Oh, finally there's a crack for the latest version... Which means I might buy it during the next Steam deal. :)
Psyringe: If you like turn-based tactical sports games set in a grossly violent and wildly humorous fantasy universe, GET IT.
grviper: Oh, finally there's a crack for the latest version... Which means I might buy it during the next Steam deal. :)
Why do you want to crack a digital release?
SimonG: Why do you want to crack a digital release?
Because I don't want Securom and couldn't give a damn about multiplayer if I tried?
grviper: Because I don't want Securom and couldn't give a damn about multiplayer if I tried?
And the point of getting it at all then is?
grviper: Oh, finally there's a crack for the latest version... Which means I might buy it during the next Steam deal. :)
The game comes with SecuRom and an activation limit of 3, which is rather nasty. In practice it shouldn't be a problem since GamersGate guarantees to supply you with new keys when you run out of activations, but it's definitely a point of concern for many potential buyers. It was a point of concern for me as well, but in the end, the prospect of playing a faithful, detailed rendition of Blood Bowl with others made me make an exception.
Blood Bowl also comes with an automated activation revoking tool.
Psyringe: The game comes with SecuRom and an activation limit of 3, which is rather nasty. In practice it shouldn't be a problem since GamersGate guarantees to supply you with new keys when you run out of activations, but it's definitely a point of concern for many potential buyers. It was a point of concern for me as well, but in the end, the prospect of playing a faithful, detailed rendition of Blood Bowl with others made me make an exception.
But doesn't Steam remove all activation limits? They are explicitly against Steam policies. (grviprt said he wanted to crack the Steam release)
Already some of you mentioned Lone Survivor?

It´s 20% introduction on Steam for 8$€

It's what Silent Hill would be on a 8Bit console.
And it´s pretty sick.
There is a demo online:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/superflat/lone-survivor-demo

and there is another game from Superflat called Soundless Mountain II
which is an homage to ... well, guess. and it's FREE!
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2481.0
SimonG: But doesn't Steam remove all activation limits? They are explicitly against Steam policies. (grviprt said he wanted to crack the Steam release)
No, not always. I remember seeing games with 3-5 activation limits on Steam.
Post edited April 26, 2012 by Cleidophoros
SimonG: But doesn't Steam remove all activation limits?
Definitely, no. Steam is just the client, many games has an additional DRM protection and it always depends on the publisher's decision.
SimonG: [But doesn't Steam remove all activation limits? They are explicitly against Steam policies. (grviprt said he wanted to crack the Steam release)
There's loads of games on Steam with activation limits. Just two examples:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48240/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204560/