It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If anyone picked up Daikatana and ran into a wall because setup.exe wouldn't run, I found a somewhat complicated but working solution.

How to fix:

1. Get Universal Extractor and install that.
2. Download the GamersGate downloader and run it.
3. Once it finishes downloading and the setup fails to start, kill the setup.exe process from the task manager. When the GamersGate asks if you want to delete or keep the setup files, choose to keep them.
4. Browse to the setup folder (should be a folder where you ran Download Daikatana.exe called "GamersGate temporary files" with a folder in that called "588"). You should see some files and a couple folders. Right click the file "data1.cab" and choose the "UniExtract to Subdir" option. Universal Extractor will now extract that .cab file to a new folder called "data1".
5. Move the folder "data" into "data1", hitting "yes" at any folder replace dialogs that pop up.
6. The data1 folder is now your very own Daikatana installation folder! Move/rename the folder to wherever you want.

You can stop here, but if you want to run a game that doesn't crash at the third loading screen like me, you will want to patch the game to 1.2. That requires a little more work.

7. Download a copy of an original daikatana.exe (the one from GamersGate is a DRM-free one) and replace the existing one. You can get it here: http://www.daikatananews.net/downloads/dk1.0_us_exe.zip Make sure you keep a copy of the GamersGate executable around in case something goes wrong.
8. Add your Daikatana folder to the registry. This can be tricky. To help, I made some registry files you can edit easily: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63085882/DaikatanaRegistryFix.zip Just choose the file for the version of Windows you're using (Daikatana32.reg for 32-bit windows, Daikatana64.reg for 64-bit windows) and edit the "SourcePath" value to make sure it matches your folder. Make sure you add an extra backslash to every existing backslash and there is no backslash at the end. After editing the file, simply double-click it and run the script.
9. Download the 1.0 -> 1.2 patch and run it. You should now have a fully-patched version of Daikatana!
Post edited April 20, 2012 by Toad_King
60% off Logitech Modern Warfare 3 Peripherals
jioano8h3
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos

35% off Logitech G-Series peripherals
6ubvnyjon
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/349/7300

Valid in US only.
Might & Magic Heroes VI and its Deluxe Edition are 60% off today.

It's a bit cheaper (the difference is less than $1 though) on GG's co.uk site.
Post edited April 21, 2012 by grynn
Revisor: I played Daikatana. Twice even! And I liked it!!!

It has horrendous first few levels, where you shoot mosquitos with a peashooter. Then it gets much better, with good guns, lots of secrets, RPG elements (higher jumps, faster running speed, more damage).

It just made a bad first impression, that's all.

If you fancy an underrated old school shooter, give it a chance (just endure the first swamp levels).
(***Spoilers***)

Great game.......I loved the varied environments/themes. Some of my favorites were the medieval levels and the Mishima buildings at the start.(Prison/computer area/etc)
Diablo 3 preorder price drop... now it is 28 pounds (was 35 few days ago). Free shipping in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diablo-III-PC-Mac-DVD/dp/B0030DH9R6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334996160&sr=8-1

Anybody from the UK feeling like doing something nice to someone else? I'd love to preorder it, but I need an UK address for it to be delivered.

What I have in mind... I preorder the game at your address, and when it arrives maybe then you can send it back to me? I will pay you with a GOG / Steam game / whatever.
orcishgamer: "Even Daikatana"? I'm surprised anyone would buy this game at all. Playing it is out of the question unless you're being paid to play it:)
Skunk: I like Daikatana. :(
I do too......so does this guy as well....
jlg6184: LMAO, I actually enjoyed Daikatana as well, though my boxed copy has long since been lost.
Skunk: I like Daikatana. :(
GameRager: I do too......so does this guy as well....
jlg6184: LMAO, I actually enjoyed Daikatana as well, though my boxed copy has long since been lost.
GameRager:
I would be liking Daikatana if it stopped randomly crashing at certain points of levels. Passed 1 CTD point in Solitary only to be stuck on another one 5 minutes later.
grviper: I would be liking Daikatana if it stopped randomly crashing at certain points of levels. Passed 1 CTD point in Solitary only to be stuck on another one 5 minutes later.
What system are you running it on? Did you try the tips provided above?

Also(In case you didn't know this) there is an option under advanced options/settings to save anytime......it helps when faced with such issues, at any rate.)
GameRager: Also(In case you didn't know this) there is an option under advanced options/settings to save anytime......it helps when faced with such issues, at any rate.)
Wanna laugh? Unlimited saves turned out to be the very reason of crashing. If I turn it off before the CTD-point I can progress in the level. Then I can turn it back on. Maybe that's because I started the new game with US off and now the gems bite me for the betrayal.
GameRager: Also(In case you didn't know this) there is an option under advanced options/settings to save anytime......it helps when faced with such issues, at any rate.)
grviper: Wanna laugh? Unlimited saves turned out to be the very reason of crashing. If I turn it off before the CTD-point I can progress in the level. Then I can turn it back on. Maybe that's because I started the new game with US off and now the gems bite me for the betrayal.
Do you have to turn it back off each time you reach one of those points or is it fixed for good?

Also could it be permissions acting up? Are you running as admin when starting the game? (I ask because some games I have played in the past crashed when I didn't run them as admin when I tried to save/quicksave in the game, but the game saved/worked fine if I ran it as admin when starting those games.)
Post edited April 21, 2012 by GameRager
GameRager: Do you have to turn it back off each time you reach one of those points or is it fixed for good?
I think the ultimate reason was me having one save gem in the pocket while using unlimited saves.
GameRager: Do you have to turn it back off each time you reach one of those points or is it fixed for good?
grviper: I think the ultimate reason was me having one save gem in the pocket while using unlimited saves.
You DARED try steal from the save gem gods?!? gfgfhfgshsghagsfgh?!?

But i'm glad you fixed it. :)

Just remember to watch for upgrades(when you go up a level you'll hear this ping or similar noise telling you to allocate the skill point you get per level.), and also leave your teammates in open areas (or save often) until level transitions (when you need to bring them along) in order to avoid getting them stuck in the scenery.
Postal is having a sale on all of their games; just got an email now:

Hey there POSTAL Fans

Has paying the government got you down? Did you just take out a 3rd mortgage on your trailer to pay the IRS on April 15? Well Running With Scissors has your back. We are discounting all of our POSTAL products to save you money! Get POSTAL III Steam keys and Boxed copies for an AMAZING 60% off MSRP. You can now get a fresh Steam Key or boxed copy of POSTAL III for $16!!! YOU HEARD ME RIGHT, $16!!! POSTAL Fudge packs will only cost you $10, Downloadable copies of POSTAL II will only cost you $8 and Apocalypse Weekend and POSTAL Classic and Uncut will only cost $4.

To get your discounted products while supplies last, just head over to www.postalgames.com!

Thanks
RWS Team
Jennywenny: Postal is having a sale on all of their games; just got an email now:

Hey there POSTAL Fans

Has paying the government got you down? Did you just take out a 3rd mortgage on your trailer to pay the IRS on April 15? Well Running With Scissors has your back. We are discounting all of our POSTAL products to save you money! Get POSTAL III Steam keys and Boxed copies for an AMAZING 60% off MSRP. You can now get a fresh Steam Key or boxed copy of POSTAL III for $16!!! YOU HEARD ME RIGHT, $16!!! POSTAL Fudge packs will only cost you $10, Downloadable copies of POSTAL II will only cost you $8 and Apocalypse Weekend and POSTAL Classic and Uncut will only cost $4.

To get your discounted products while supplies last, just head over to www.postalgames.com!

Thanks
RWS Team
Still too expensive. :P
I've heard good things about it, but as it's Ubisoft I'm passing: Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic for /[url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SH5BA/silent-hunter-5-battle-of-the-atlantic?caff=2157851]£3.74.

(Please note that those are caffiliate links. Kinda like caffeinated affiliate links)