It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pheace: Wow, what a douche thing to do
gameon: While i dont think its very credible for spinefarm to "cheat" like that. I have to say that there is good in him. He's been nice to me during my time here.

I think we can all learn from our mistakes. I'm sure spinefarm would admit to anything he did wrong. Hopefully he can say so in this thread.
He already did, couple of posts ago IIRC. There was some astonishment that his copy/pasted reviews did actually get approved, but he said that so far none had been rejected.

That said, and while I agree that this a douche thing to do, I doubt that one single user can have such an impact on the system. the system isn't that fragile. Spinefarm was just more outspoken about his exploits than others.

Also, note that we currently don't know why exactly the review system has become restricted. So far there is no official statement about it. It _could_ have to do with the exploits, it could also be that the system was just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of reviews being written recently. We don't know.

That said, I _am_ pretty angry about people abusing the review system this way, for a number of reasons:
(1) They are exploiting a useful system for personal gain.
(2) They endanger this useful system because the exploitation may need to be stopped eventually.
(3) They show blatant disregard for fellow gamers who are reading the reviews, trusting them to be at least honest, and base their own purchasing decisions on it.
(4) They make it harder for people who put effort into writing honest, responsible reviews to get them published and be rewarded.

In effect, these people are saying (through their actions), that it's perfectly okay to lie to readers who may trust them, as long as it pays them the equivalent of 15 cents. And this is what I really find detestable, this eagerness to screw others over for a personal gain that is so minute. How huge must one's greed be, how low must one regard honesty, to justify such actions?

Therefore, I wouldn't mind at all if the system got improved and copy/pasters got punished.
Post edited April 20, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: He already did, couple of posts ago IIRC. There was some astonishment that his copy/pasted reviews did actually get approved, but he said that so far none had been rejected.
You're right. The guy's just unbelievable.
Is Wings of Prey Collector's Edition worth the $12.49 ?

Also Wargame: European Escalation 33% off .
Post edited April 20, 2012 by ne_zavarj
GOTD April 20 = Free 6 months VPN tunnel for those that would like to use that once in a while : http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/securitykiss-tunnel-jadeite/
"SecurityKISS Tunnel Jadeite (6 months)"
(limitations to use probably apply)

I CAN NOT vouch for neither the offer nor the software as I have NOT taken it myself - I already have a paid VPN solution.......

P.S.
Formatting of this post ? - sorry , not my making/out of my hands....
Post edited April 20, 2012 by FiatLux
Damn, GG's Daikatana Setup refuses to start...
grviper: Damn, GG's Daikatana Setup refuses to start...
Pretty hard to trouble shoot anything without any real information......
Perhaps you should make a forum thread and include a lot more information......

P.S.
If you uses Windows 7 or Vista then a good place to start could be Steams "Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting - General Troubleshooting - Knowledge Base" : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5688-IFHZ-2170
Otherwise : security programs might generally be a cause for some type of problems......
(please check your computer for Virus and Malware prior to disabling any security programs !!!)
Post edited April 20, 2012 by FiatLux
FiatLux: Pretty hard to trouble shhot anything without any real information......
Perhaps you should make a forum thread and include a lot mor information......
Not it's simply the ancient Setup refusing to draw an actual window regardless of compatibility settings under XP. Might be reboot-curable.

Yay, I'm not the only one. http://rome.ro/smf/index.php?topic=4751.0
Post edited April 20, 2012 by grviper
FiatLux: Pretty hard to trouble shhot anything without any real information......
grviper: Not it's simply the ancient Setup refusing to draw an actual window regardless of compatibility settings under XP. Might be reboot-curable.
If you say so..... - since it's your problem.....
grviper: Not it's simply the ancient Setup refusing to draw an actual window regardless of compatibility settings under XP. Might be reboot-curable.

Strangely I've installed it last night on Win 7 64bit without issues

That some others might have problems also does not negate the value of my initial response IMO...
DotEmu games -50% @ DotEmu.com that includes:
DotEmu Collection 1
Gobliiins Trilogy
Nicky Boom Pack
Raptor
Red Baron
Silmaris Collection
Irem Arcade Hits
Krypton Egg
spinefarm: DotEmu games -50% @ DotEmu.com that includes:
DotEmu Collection 1
Gobliiins Trilogy
Nicky Boom Pack
Raptor
Red Baron
Silmaris Collection
Irem Arcade Hits
Krypton Egg
The first item is the undoubted winner.
Dotemu collection is pretty sick for 10 USD
the_bard: Dotemu collection is pretty sick for 10 USD
Well, it was 4$ on 4/Dec/2011 ... but I kind of agree, it's still a decent offer. :)
http://twitter.com/#!/DiscordJames

The developer is giving away keys .