It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the_bard: Tempting...
liquidsnakehpks: you would want to stay away from that game as far as possible
I enjoyed this game a lot to be honest. But yeah, I wasn't comparing it to the old Jagged Alliance.
I couldnt pass this up for 9 USD. There is a code back some posts in this thread. You do not have to have a membership.
Post edited April 19, 2012 by the_bard
DodoGeo: Do not touch, it's nothing like the classic.
Even the devs acknowledged it was a cheap shot to see if the franchise was worth reviving.
liquidsnakehpks: you would want to stay away from that game as far as possible
Thanks for the heads up. Ill pass on it then.
People say that the new JA is more like Commandos rather than JA2. Not sure if it's true.
nagytow: People say that the new JA is more like Commandos rather than JA2. Not sure if it's true.
It's very true. It's a lot like if Jagged Alliance 2 was made in a Commandos style engine. RTS tactical action strategy, plenty of pausing to issue commands and quick saving. I personally liked it a lot.
the_bard: Thanks for the heads up. Ill pass on it then.
Aw, don't dismiss it just because of that. Yeah, if you go in expecting it to be exactly like the original, you'll be disappointed.

If you look at it like a new game or a spin-off, and if you like games a la Commandos, it's really quite good. Check out some reviews and decide for yourself.
Post edited April 19, 2012 by PenutBrittle
PenutBrittle: It's very true. It's a lot like if Jagged Alliance 2 was made in a Commandos style engine. RTS tactical action strategy, plenty of pausing to issue commands and quick saving. I personally liked it a lot.
Thanks! I actually preordered it but had no time to play right away and later I got discouraged by all those negative comments. Personally I loved Commandos and having a game in that style is as good as JA.

Regarding Disciples 2 Promo: turned out it is a valid offer, I received the game today directly from Strategy First. If anyone is still interested, I registered from this link:
https://en.gamigo.com/mygamigo/register/registergame/iframe/oldgamesites/affiliateId/706/groupId/58/showerrorlayer/0/landingpage/0/variant/2/layerwidth/360/layerheight/320

Ctrl+A to see all text.
Post edited April 19, 2012 by nagytow
JMich: If you decide to bite the bullet, be aware that this game is not Jagged Alliance. While it may (or may not) be a nice game on its own, do know what you are getting into. There are already a couple of mods available for it at The Bear's Pit, though I haven't played it yet, so I can't tell you if it's good or not. But imho, the lack of Fog of War is a huge minus.
I really like JA2. I will pass until the price is right.
nagytow: People say that the new JA is more like Commandos rather than JA2. Not sure if it's true.
PenutBrittle: It's very true. It's a lot like if Jagged Alliance 2 was made in a Commandos style engine. RTS tactical action strategy, plenty of pausing to issue commands and quick saving. I personally liked it a lot.
the_bard: Thanks for the heads up. Ill pass on it then.
PenutBrittle: Aw, don't dismiss it just because of that. Yeah, if you go in expecting it to be exactly like the original, you'll be disappointed.

If you look at it like a new game or a spin-off, and if you like games a la Commandos, it's really quite good. Check out some reviews and decide for yourself.
Yeah, I'll wait. Looking more forward to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I can wait on JA:BIA until it's a little more "heavily discounted".
Post edited April 19, 2012 by the_bard
Deus Ex: Human Revolution --> $7.50 on Gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DEHR/deus-ex-human-revolution-
darkness58ec: Deus Ex: Human Revolution --> $7.50 on Gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DEHR/deus-ex-human-revolution-
All square titles are on sale for that matter this weekend and gamersgate. Even Daikatana is on sale for $2.50 :p.
Kabuto: All square titles are on sale for that matter this weekend and gamersgate. Even Daikatana is on sale for $2.50 :p.
"Even Daikatana"? I'm surprised anyone would buy this game at all. Playing it is out of the question unless you're being paid to play it:)
orcishgamer: "Even Daikatana"? I'm surprised anyone would buy this game at all. Playing it is out of the question unless you're being paid to play it:)
I like Daikatana. :(
orcishgamer: "Even Daikatana"? I'm surprised anyone would buy this game at all. Playing it is out of the question unless you're being paid to play it:)
Skunk: I like Daikatana. :(
So you're the one....
Does anybody knows if Rogue Trooper and Project: Snowblind have some kind of DRM on GamersGate? There is no info on their pages. I think I need some shooters on my backlog, and those two look nice.
Skunk: I like Daikatana. :(
orcishgamer: So you're the one....
Me and GameRager, as far as I know. :P

Drakhyrr: Does anybody knows if Rogue Trooper and Project: Snowblind have some kind of DRM on GamersGate? There is no info on their pages. I think I need some shooters on my backlog, and those two look nice.
That's something I'd LOVE to know the answer to.
orcishgamer: So you're the one....
Skunk: Me and GameRager, as far as I know. :P

Drakhyrr: Does anybody knows if Rogue Trooper and Project: Snowblind have some kind of DRM on GamersGate? There is no info on their pages. I think I need some shooters on my backlog, and those two look nice.
Skunk: That's something I'd LOVE to know the answer to.
LMAO, I actually enjoyed Daikatana as well, though my boxed copy has long since been lost.