It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jimmy: Interplay games 50% off at dotEmu LINK
GOG pwns? Also it is really weird that they copy GOG's weekend deal...
ZPavelZ: GOG pwns? Also it is really weird that they copy GOG's weekend deal...
Interplay can only sell the fallout titles till the end of next year, you'll probably be seeing those on sale a lot in the future till they lose it :)

It's also pretty common for publishers to do similar sales across several digital retailers within a short time of eachother. It's not always one copying the other.
Post edited April 13, 2012 by Pheace
jimmy: Interplay games 50% off at dotEmu LINK
ZPavelZ: GOG pwns? Also it is really weird that they copy GOG's weekend deal...
Nah don't think so ...Interplay is making this I guess.Couple of the games are cheaper at GOG. Plus to that is that they have 1$=1 euro pricing and that makes GOG's promo better :)
Pheace: Interplay can only sell the fallout titles till the end of next year, you'll probably be seeing those on sale a lot in the future till they lose it :)
And who would get the rights than?
Pheace: Interplay can only sell the fallout titles till the end of next year, you'll probably be seeing those on sale a lot in the future till they lose it :)
ZPavelZ: And who would get the rights than?
The long and heated legal war surrounding the massively popular Fallout franchise has reached a rather subdued conclusion as a settlement has been reached in the lawsuit filed by Bethesda Softworks against Interplay Entertainment Corporation in 2009, in order to seek the cancellation of a license granted to Interplay to develop a Fallout MMO. Bethesda maintained throughout that Interplay had failed to meet the conditions of the licence.

As per the terms of the settlement, Interplay will no longer have any rights to develop the Fallout MMO as the licence is null and void. Bethesda will take this role on, effective immediately. Interplay also has no ongoing right to use the Fallout brand or any Fallout intellectual property for any game development. Bethesda’s parent company ZeniMax Media will pay Interplay $2 million as part of the settlement. Both parties will bear their own costs of the lawsuit. Interplay will be permitted to continue to sell the original titles in the series – Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics, until December 2013.
http://mediakick.org/2012/01/10/interplay-lose-fallout-mmo-licence/27803
spinefarm: Nah don't think so ...Interplay is making this I guess.Couple of the games are cheaper at GOG. Plus to that is that they have 1$=1 euro pricing and that makes GOG's promo better :)
I wander than whether Interplay and other guys set this "no lower than 60% discount" standard to GOG. I do agree GOG's deal is way better, though.
spinefarm: Nah don't think so ...Interplay is making this I guess.Couple of the games are cheaper at GOG. Plus to that is that they have 1$=1 euro pricing and that makes GOG's promo better :)
ZPavelZ: I wander than whether Interplay and other guys set this "no lower than 60% discount" standard to GOG. I do agree GOG's deal is way better, though.
Only TET can tell you :D
gyokzoli: There is a free game from Puppygames today (Revenge of the Titans, Titan Attack, etc), but anybody tried it yet? I entered the code but still shows me the full price.
maycett: Just got droid assault, thanks for posting this :)
Were you able to register it? I can't get it to get past the email address prompt. I registered using their applet but apparently didn't write the registration key to my disk.

Stinkin convoluted DRM. Give me a registration code or Steam, those just work.
Thanks for heads-up.
Pheace: Snip
And sadly I know the guys behind Fallout MMO(Mastheads Studio) . They were devastated by that. They lost 2 years making this and ZeniMax(Bethesda) pissed on their work... Hate this corporations...
Pheace: Snip
spinefarm: And sadly I know the guys behind Fallout MMO(Mastheads Studio) . They were devastated by that. They lost 2 years making this and ZeniMax(Bethesda) pissed on their work... Hate this corporations...
Did they actually do anything? Interplay had the license for years and I never saw anything other than concept art. Didn't Interplay lose the license because they failed to prove that they started working on the MMO before their agreement expired?
BoxOfSnoo: Were you able to register it? I can't get it to get past the email address prompt. I registered using their applet but apparently didn't write the registration key to my disk.

Stinkin convoluted DRM. Give me a registration code or Steam, those just work.
Yes, but not through the applet. I just downloaded the demo and entered my email there.
spinefarm: And sadly I know the guys behind Fallout MMO(Mastheads Studio) . They were devastated by that. They lost 2 years making this and ZeniMax(Bethesda) pissed on their work... Hate this corporations...
OmegaX: Did they actually do anything? Interplay had the license for years and I never saw anything other than concept art. Didn't Interplay lose the license because they failed to prove that they started working on the MMO before their agreement expired?
It was called Project V13. They were making the engine from scratch and they were doing pretty well.
And yes Bethesda used that option to kill the project. So far there is no information on the Project V13 future.
For me I have one issue with companies like ZeniMax... they can take Masthead Studios under their wing with ease to finish the job...not screwing with all the people there...
Attachments:
spinefarm: It was called Project V13. They were making the engine from scratch and they were doing pretty well.
And yes Bethesda used that option to kill the project. So far there is no information on the Project V13 future.
For me I have one issue with companies like ZeniMax... they can take Masthead Studios under their wing with ease to finish the job...not screwing with all the people there...
That is a sad story, and very similar to what we heard about Black Hole here.... :( Also that screen is looking good.
spinefarm: It was called Project V13. They were making the engine from scratch and they were doing pretty well.
ZPavelZ: That is a sad story, and very similar to what we heard about Black Hole here.... :( Also that screen is looking good.
It is sad cause they do have a potential ...the first MMO they made didn't become very popular,but it wasn't bad.It was called Earthrise and now it will become F2P...
Post edited April 13, 2012 by spinefarm