It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sinizine: Gamersgate has Alan Wake for 20 USD. Steamworks http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ALANWAKE/alan-wake?caff=3884871

The collector's edition is also on sale for 23 USD if anyone wants the extras.
I have a feeling that for the patient this title will be a bargain come summertime. Of course, that could be said of a lot of games out now. I see that as too close to the launch price but I am a cheapskate out of necessity.
Alright, PuppyGames support came through. Plus 10 customer loyalty points
Yeah, that's about the price I got it for through GMG when it released.
https://twitter.com/#!/puppygames

Apparently they ran out of keys for Revenge of the Titans for now.

But they ensure that eventually everyone who got through to an order page will get registered.
I can't get through to the order page. Ah well. It's a nice way to celebrate their birthday.
I finally got a registration key for Titan Attacks, and got a Steam key too. It's now in my library. ^_^

While I'm grateful for the free game, I wonder, why do they sell the game on its own for $10 when Steam has it for $5?
Post edited April 12, 2012 by Foxhack
gyokzoli: There is a free game from Puppygames today (Revenge of the Titans, Titan Attack, etc), but anybody tried it yet? I entered the code but still shows me the full price.
Catshade: Thanks for the info; it works for me. If you bought Revenge of the Titans or Titan Attack, they also gave you a Steam key.
Currently the pages to buy have been removed due to "technical difficulties" :-(

I wanted to grab Titan Attacks. That game looks fun. Guess I will keep checking back and hope it works soon.
Foxhack: I finally got a registration key for Titan Attacks, and got a Steam key too. It's now in my library. ^_^

While I'm grateful for the free game, I wonder, why do they sell the game on its own for $10 when Steam has it for $5?
The same reason why Spiderweb has its games for sale for a higher price in his own site than in steam or gamersgate. Dunno what that reason is though.
Luisfius: The same reason why Spiderweb has its games for sale for a higher price in his own site than in steam or gamersgate. Dunno what that reason is though.
In a blog post late last year, Jeff talked about the price discrepancy and this is what it came down to:

"Steam is a big, sprawling gaming bazaar where practically all of the games are cheap. People see a game, spend a moderate amount of money on it, and try it out. People experiment there, and you need to charge a price that encourages customers to pick you as their experiment. Also, if you charge $20 for your game there, it will be on a list with ten good games at half the price, so you will get murdered.

Spiderweb Software's web site, on the other hand, only lists our games. It is generally only visited by fans of role-playing games. People on our site are generally really interested in the specific sorts of games we sell, and so the higher price doesn't scare them off."
Catshade: Thanks for the info; it works for me. If you bought Revenge of the Titans or Titan Attack, they also gave you a Steam key.
dirtyharry50: Currently the pages to buy have been removed due to "technical difficulties" :-(

I wanted to grab Titan Attacks. That game looks fun. Guess I will keep checking back and hope it works soon.
Its been like that since i left for work this morning (5am. Its now 3..14pm in afternoon) :/. Been trying from work as well.No go.
gyokzoli: There is a free game from Puppygames today (Revenge of the Titans, Titan Attack, etc), but anybody tried it yet? I entered the code but still shows me the full price.
Just got droid assault, thanks for posting this :)
I managed to get Titans Attacks
Thanks for the heads up
Alan Wake is on sale at GamersGate, 33% off. Comes in three flavours, , [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ALANWAKEE/alan-wake-extras]Extras and Collector's Edition (Standard + Extras).

Edit: Whoops, missed the post by Sinizine.
Post edited April 13, 2012 by ABH20
Luisfius: The same reason why Spiderweb has its games for sale for a higher price in his own site than in steam or gamersgate. Dunno what that reason is though.
Mephe: In a blog post late last year, Jeff talked about the price discrepancy and this is what it came down to:

"Steam is a big, sprawling gaming bazaar where practically all of the games are cheap. People see a game, spend a moderate amount of money on it, and try it out. People experiment there, and you need to charge a price that encourages customers to pick you as their experiment. Also, if you charge $20 for your game there, it will be on a list with ten good games at half the price, so you will get murdered.

Spiderweb Software's web site, on the other hand, only lists our games. It is generally only visited by fans of role-playing games. People on our site are generally really interested in the specific sorts of games we sell, and so the higher price doesn't scare them off."
I think that Steams "standard price" for many games often are high compared to what things cost on physical media after a while.... With respect to prices then Steams greatest force seems to be its sales....
Interplay games 50% off at dotEmu LINK