It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Syphon72: What do you mean they added Steam workshop? Like ZP itself add it? Last time I was in their discord, the CEO wasn't too fond of workshop.
MarkoH01: Well ... the exact quote on the Zoom announcement was:

"All FlatOut Games have been updated with mod support and more on both ZOOM Platform and Steam!"

So Zoom is among those that can use mods ......
I really don't want to go off topic in this thread but how is the zoom platform version able to download mods from steam workshop? I don't think that is possible. Anyways locking mods on steam workshop that requires owning the game there is pathetic from them and shows their true colors.
Post edited July 21, 2024 by alexandros050
Syphon72: What do you mean they added Steam workshop? Like ZP itself add it? Last time I was in their discord, the CEO wasn't too fond of workshop.

"All FlatOut Games have been updated with mod support and more on both ZOOM Platform and Steam!"

Syphon72: Remember the creator of the GOG boycott thread is ZP discord Mod that met the CEO of ZP.
MarkoH01: Afaik he wasn't when he started the thread and it is not surprising that someone who is angry with one store would support another one. If one should or want boycott GOG is another thing.

In any case: the update belongs here as well so I will at least contact the devs and see if the assumption that it will stay Zoom/Steam exclusive will be confirmed by them as well.

Edit: Done - will post here if I should get a reply.
Is there any proof that he was not already in contact with ZP before making the thread? He became an admin for the Discord unusually quickly. The fact that he was promoting ZP games was also suspicious. Anyways, if the patch is created by ZP, I doubt it will come to GOG, since the owner has a weird ego and a strong dislike for GOG.

alexandros050: I really don't want to go off topic in this thread but how is the zoom platform version able to download mods from steam workshop? I don't think that is possible. Anyways locking mods on steam workshop that requires owning the game there is pathetic from them and shows their true colors.
I think you can still use Steam command Line if the mode supports both versions. But we already have plenty of mods that only support steam.

Some games like Dawn of War 2 have mods only supported for the Steam version. You can install the mod, but it will crash or not work correctly on none steam versions.
Post edited July 21, 2024 by Syphon72
foad01: If you read "ZOOM Platform Media, Jordan Freeman Group" in the list of developers or publishers on Steam then you can forget it. ZP is anti-GOG and it is part of their marketing which you can see in their Discord channel or on X when they bash the competitor. That's also the reason why that special boycott thread here on GOG was fishy and filled with a huge chunk of hypocrisy. :D
This update is an official update from the devs as well and therefore it is not a wish I'd like to have fulfilled, it is part of the contract they have with GOG.

Also, Zoom is neither official developer nor publisher of Flatout 1 and 2. Both games are published by Strategy First, the same publisher as GOG. That is why I contacted them.
Post edited July 21, 2024 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: This update is an official update from the devs as well and therefore it is not a wish I'd like to have fulfilled, it is part of the contract they have with GOG.
It isn't. It was made by ZP.

MarkoH01: Also, Zoom is neither official developer nor publisher of Flatout 1 and 2. Both games are published by Strategy First, the same publisher as GOG. That is why I contacted them.
Go to the Steam page for both games or look at the attached images. ZP acts as a developer there. Be prepared that this update won't appear on GOG.
Attachments:
flatout.png (13 Kb)
flatout2.png (12 Kb)
Post edited July 21, 2024 by foad01
high rated
foad01: If you read "ZOOM Platform Media, Jordan Freeman Group" in the list of developers or publishers on Steam then you can forget it. ZP is anti-GOG and it is part of their marketing which you can see in their Discord channel or on X when they bash the competitor. That's also the reason why that special boycott thread here on GOG was fishy and filled with a huge chunk of hypocrisy. :D
MarkoH01: Also, Zoom is neither official developer nor publisher of Flatout 1 and 2. Both games are published by Strategy First, the same publisher as GOG. That is why I contacted them.
I became curious as to why ZP presents themselves as developers for many of the games they release. I mean, if they think that patching the game makes them the developer of that property, then modders deserve more credit for their community patches. ZP needs to be more clear on what they mean.
Post edited July 22, 2024 by Syphon72
MarkoH01: This update is an official update from the devs as well and therefore it is not a wish I'd like to have fulfilled, it is part of the contract they have with GOG.
foad01: It isn't. It was made by ZP.

foad01: Go to the Steam page for both games or look at the attached images. ZP acts as a developer there. Be prepared that this update won't appear on GOG.
Does not matter. The publisher usually has the last say in these things - not the dev.
alexandros050: Flatout 1 and 2 should be added to the list. They received today updates that added support for more languages , bug fixes etc. These updates won't come here because they were done by zoom platform. (So much for their drm-free principle they added steam workshop support that locks mods...Now I want to see all those boycoters to stop purchasing games from them like they did with GOG.)
Updates did't fix s**t, just added bunch of Steam features like Deck support and backgrounds. Nothing second class about GOG. You don't need Steam Workshop to have mods.

Actually looking how childish ZOOM downgraded Ultimate Carnage, I'm glad GOG is safe from their "updates".
Post edited July 23, 2024 by VBProject
alexandros050: Flatout 1 and 2 should be added to the list. They received today updates that added support for more languages , bug fixes etc. These updates won't come here because they were done by zoom platform. (So much for their drm-free principle they added steam workshop support that locks mods...Now I want to see all those boycoters to stop purchasing games from them like they did with GOG.)
VBProject: Updates did't fix s**t, just added bunch of Steam features like Deck support and backgrounds. Nothing second class about GOG. You don't need Steam Workshop to have mods.

Actually looking how childish ZOOM downgraded Ultimate Carnage, I'm glad GOG is safe from their "updates".
Actually they did fix some stuff, added new languages, an unused music track etc. You can see the patch notes on the steam page. So in my opinion both games should be 2nd class citizen.
When I asked when updates would come to GOG, that bootlicker time4tea said to drop the subject and kicked me from discord. So much for customer support. Yet that extreme hypocrite dares to demand some "answers" from GOG here.

I advise GOG to permaban him from here and his GOG acc.
Also close this s**t useless GOG-hating topic already.

VBProject: Updates did't fix s**t, just added bunch of Steam features like Deck support and backgrounds. Nothing second class about GOG. You don't need Steam Workshop to have mods.

alexandros050: Actually they did fix some stuff, added new languages, an unused music track etc. You can see the patch notes on the steam page. So in my opinion both games should be 2nd class citizen.
Have you tried yourself? No. Once again, the downgrade is filled with stolen content from modders. I dunno how Steam even allows that blatant piracy.

Everything in that update you could download for GOG version for years as mods. Nothing "second class" in it, rather good for GOG for not having zoom malware.
Post edited July 24, 2024 by VBProject
high rated
VBProject: Also close this s**t useless GOG-hating topic already.
Heck no! This thread and the spread sheet in post 1 are important tools to avoid buying faulty and/or unsupported games.
high rated
VBProject: Also close this s**t useless GOG-hating topic already.
brouer: Heck no! This thread and the spread sheet in post 1 are important tools to avoid buying faulty and/or unsupported games.
Agree, this thread should never be locked.
high rated
Syphon72: Agree, this thread should never be locked.
Without this thread I would stop buying anything on GOG. It's too cumbersome to keep track of what is a rotten egg without it.
Syphon72: I became curious as to why ZP presents themselves as developers for many of the games they release. I mean, if they think that patching the game makes them the developer of that property, then modders deserve more credit for their community patches. ZP needs to be more clear on what they mean.
Look at the files for Flatout 1 and 2

https://steamdb.info/depot/6221/

https://steamdb.info/depot/2991/

They added files with the name "zoom_platform.bfs" to both games. From what I've read the LICENSE.txt files there include a list of mods which they have used to create the "new" patches.

On the one hand they are using community mods and patches, on the other hand they are acting as developers who have patched these games. WTF?
Post edited July 24, 2024 by foad01
high rated
VBProject: I advise GOG to permaban him from here and his GOG acc.
1) There's a thing called "free speech" and that is good.
2) There's a difference between hate and being critical.
VBProject: I advise GOG to permaban him from here and his GOG acc.
MarkoH01: 1) There's a thing called "free speech" and that is good.
2) There's a difference between hate and being critical.
1. Freeze peach doesn't apply here. It doesn't even apply on Steam which is from USA.
2. Yes, there's a difference between criticizing because you want it to be better and outright blind hate to everything GOG does.