It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mjauv: Crytek has confirmed that Crysis Remastered won't have Denuvo when they release it on Steam this autumn, that makes it more likely to come here as well I'd wager!
bluethief: Someone asked on the Steam forums if the game would come to GOG, and unfortunately a dev said they have no plans as of now:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1715130/discussions/0/3042732243096283880/#c3039354735023311356
Huh. That is rather odd. I can't imagine it would required much extra work on their part and the game would definitely sell.
bluethief: Someone asked on the Steam forums if the game would come to GOG, and unfortunately a dev said they have no plans as of now:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1715130/discussions/0/3042732243096283880/#c3039354735023311356
Mjauv: Huh. That is rather odd. I can't imagine it would required much extra work on their part and the game would definitely sell.
Likely the publisher wants to capitalize on the steam "DRM" for some years.
Obviously the game will be pirated since almost day one, but most AAA publishers seem to have some sort of phobia concerning 100% DRM-free releases.
low rated
Mjauv: I can't imagine it would required much extra work on their part
It's the making of a new offline installer every time they patch the game that requires a lot of work on their part.

And that's a main reason why most games (with some exceptions) never come to GOG until they are already first ancient & obsolete & dead (meaning, never to be updated ever again).
Ancient-Red-Dragon: It's the making of a new offline installer every time they patch the game that requires a lot of work on their part.

And that's a main reason why most games (with some exceptions) never come to GOG until they are already first ancient & obsolete & dead (meaning, never to be updated ever again).
I've seen many releases with patches as offline installers. I'm no software engineer but can that really be that much extra work? Maybe I'm missing something here...
Enebias: The big issue with Serious Sam 3 (and most likely 4, too) is that mods are restricted to Steam Workshop... and there are really, really many of them, some adding invaluable quality of life improvements.
idbeholdME: The base game is perfectly fine. Not releasing a game here just because of mod support woild be truly dumb.
It's still an inferior product, and the price should reflect that.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: It's the making of a new offline installer every time they patch the game that requires a lot of work on their part.

You don't think that just maybe the same offline installers are used to update games from Galaxy?
high rated
It seems that the Xbox exclusive Tomb Raider: Underworld DLCs are coming to other platforms. Simce the game just got here, chances are we'll be getting it next year:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRaiderOrg/status/1433825612452569088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1433825612452569088%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
Enebias: The big issue with Serious Sam 3 (and most likely 4, too) is that mods are restricted to Steam Workshop... and there are really, really many of them, some adding invaluable quality of life improvements.
Personally I don't care if the discount is good enough. (I do already own it on Steam though)

Mjauv: I've seen many releases with patches as offline installers. I'm no software engineer but can that really be that much extra work? Maybe I'm missing something here...
It's not. The user you're quoting doesn't know what he's talking about. There is some minor extra work in pushing an update on other platforms (like if say something is released on Steam, GOG and EGS instead of just Steam), but the developers have no involvement or responsibilty for the creation of offline installers.

Offline installers and their patches are created automatically by GOG. When a new version of a game is released by the studio it's delivered through Galaxy immediately. Everything else after that is in the hands of GOG's automated systems.

The new version is then put into a queue for the offline installer to be created. That's why there's always a slight delay when a new patch releases and there's no offline installer for it immediately, because it's waiting in queue to be created along with everything else that released or was updated. New games don't have that delay because they're already in the system waiting for their release timer to go live.

GOG Staff has said as much before in these forums, and I've had a tech support agent personally tell me as much. No one at GOG is manually creating all these installers, and the developers of the games are certainly not either.
So an automated system can have a 2 week delay? Interesting.
What old games are rumored to be coming here? Any rumors?
high rated
Kelefane: What old games are rumored to be coming here? Any rumors?
Apparently a couple of Star Trek games:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/gog-star-trek
Mjauv: I've seen many releases with patches as offline installers. I'm no software engineer but can that really be that much extra work? Maybe I'm missing something here...
TomNuke: It's not. The user you're quoting doesn't know what he's talking about. There is some minor extra work in pushing an update on other platforms (like if say something is released on Steam, GOG and EGS instead of just Steam), but the developers have no involvement or responsibilty for the creation of offline installers.

Offline installers and their patches are created automatically by GOG. When a new version of a game is released by the studio it's delivered through Galaxy immediately. Everything else after that is in the hands of GOG's automated systems.

The new version is then put into a queue for the offline installer to be created. That's why there's always a slight delay when a new patch releases and there's no offline installer for it immediately, because it's waiting in queue to be created along with everything else that released or was updated. New games don't have that delay because they're already in the system waiting for their release timer to go live.

GOG Staff has said as much before in these forums, and I've had a tech support agent personally tell me as much. No one at GOG is manually creating all these installers, and the developers of the games are certainly not either.
MacCraigus: So an automated system can have a 2 week delay? Interesting.
I think some of the delay may also be due to testing new patches. If the game has Galaxy integrations (e.g. cloud saves, achievements, multiplayer), then it presumably needs to be tested with Galaxy and without Galaxy (offline installer). If the game supports OSX, then presumably both Galaxy and offline builds need to be tested on OSX, too. Issues encountered with the offline build probably means an even longer delay.
Kelefane: What old games are rumored to be coming here? Any rumors?
bluethief: Apparently a couple of Star Trek games:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/gog-star-trek
Neat, hope we actually have Elite Forces, im not a big Star Trek fan, i have yet to finish the OG series, but a game made by Raven is more than welcome. Also, if some of this games involves Shatner, then maybe that can be a first step into getting Tekwar, i need it to complete my Capstone FPS Games collection.
Post edited September 06, 2021 by Lord_of_D:
high rated
New company in the catalog: Sonalysts, e.g. Fleet Command, Sub Command, Dangerous Waters, 668(I) Hunter Killer