It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ssling: Well, then maybe not to all customers. I don't own the game there, just read it in a news articles.
binteon: People that bought the BRE bundle, have the game in the bundle page (where it lists all games), but it does not show up in their "My Library" page until they hit the Download button in the bundle page. This is probably why the email didn't go out to many.
Actually, on itch, you have to follow a dev/pub to get posts from them in your account's feed; I would imagine this might also determine whether or not a given itch user gets notified of such things via e-mail. EDIT: Obviously, a user's e-mail notification settings in their account will also be important. :P
Linrox01: Also wasn't Nightingale pre-release on Gog, I can't find it anymore. Was it removed?
I can't recall having heard of that, and GOG DB has no record of such a game (and it probably would even if the game had only been announced, but never actually released, here -- see Wizard with a Gun as an example of such a title).
Post edited September 16, 2024 by HunchBluntley
binteon: People that bought the BRE bundle, have the game in the bundle page (where it lists all games), but it does not show up in their "My Library" page until they hit the Download button in the bundle page. This is probably why the email didn't go out to many.
HunchBluntley: Actually, on itch, you have to follow a dev/pub to get posts from them in your account's feed; I would imagine this might also determine whether or not a given itch user gets notified of such things via e-mail. EDIT: Obviously, a user's e-mail notification settings in their account will also be important. :P
Do you have confirmation that it was only sent to followers? All the news articles said it was sent to owners, and the reddit post linked below said users had to add the game manually to the collection:

Oxenfree will be removed for download from itch.io for existing purchases from October 1, 2024
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1fcivq7/oxenfree_will_be_removed_for_download_from_itchio

I do get some emails about updates from projects that I have in "My Library" that I do not follow, possibly due to the setting:
"New uploads are added to something I bought or follow"
HunchBluntley: Actually, on itch, you have to follow a dev/pub to get posts from them in your account's feed; I would imagine this might also determine whether or not a given itch user gets notified of such things via e-mail. EDIT: Obviously, a user's e-mail notification settings in their account will also be important. :P
binteon: Do you have confirmation that it was only sent to followers? All the news articles said it was sent to owners, and the reddit post linked below said users had to add the game manually to the collection:
No, I've just noticed that with all normal developer/game news updates on itch -- normally even with regard to stuff in your library -- that's how it generally works. I would certainly hope that devs would send it out to anyone who bought/owns it, as these devs seem to have intended in this case, but it seems to really be up to the dev (or publisher, in the cases where there is one). l was just offering a possible explanation as to why some users didn't get this particular notice.
Of course, it could just be that it got sent to some people's spam/junk folder (or, as I said, they don't realize that their account settings preclude them from getting sent such mail). : ]
high rated
27 games from Meridian4 will be removed from GOG September 20th, 2024, 1 PM UTC.
Post edited September 18, 2024 by action_fan
high rated
I would say the Lego harry potter games here are at risk given the fact Lego Harry potter Year 1-4 and Lego Harry potter year 5-7 is getting a pc remaster collection under the name of ''The LEGO® Harry Potter™: Collection '' release on other storefronts and will be plaaned released on one storefront I am aware of on Oct 8, 2024 ...
Thanks for reminding me.
Ahead of the remaster, Horizon Zero Dawn appears to have been removed from sale from EGS:
https://80.lv/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-delisted-from-epic-games-store-ahead-of-remaster/
SCPM: Ahead of the remaster, Horizon Zero Dawn appears to have been removed from sale from EGS:
https://80.lv/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-delisted-from-epic-games-store-ahead-of-remaster/
Thanks for the warning. Release date of the remaster seems to be 31st October ? I wonder what the new system requirements will be ? My PC is just about strong enough to max out the current game at 2560x1440, but what about the remaster ?

This is very annoying. This is a game I’m on the fence about buying anyway. Now it looks like I’m going to be forced into a hasty decision, assuming it will get delisted here too. The game hardly needs a remaster anyway, having been released in 2017.
I don't think it will get delisted here. And just to point out the guy above mentioned correctly the "game have been removed from sale" and it general you cannot buy it when you go its page. But the game is still there - its not removed or anything. This is Sony at its best here. It is very obvious what they want to do is release the update while nobody can buy a cheaper version of the game+update which cost 10 bucks if not mistaken. If the "old" game is on sale it is way better deal to buy it + the upgrade separately. They already increased the base price of the original version on their store.

I don't really know how this may affect the GOG version. I am pretty sure the update wont come here because of the account requirement so this version should stay. They may do something to the price or the discounts(this is very likely I think to match the other stores)
Post edited October 02, 2024 by Hirako__
Hirako__: I don't think it will get delisted here. And just to point out the guy above mentioned correctly the "game have been removed from sale" and it general you cannot buy it when you go its page. But the game is still there - its not removed or anything. This is Sony at its best here. It is very obvious what they want to do is release the update while nobody can buy a cheaper version of the game+update which cost 10 bucks if not mistaken. If the "old" game is on sale it is way better deal to buy it + the upgrade separately. They already increased the base price of the original version on their store.

I don't really know how this may affect the GOG version. I am pretty sure the update wont come here because of the account requirement so this version should stay. They may do something to the price or the discounts(this is very likely I think to match the other stores)
I didn’t realise about the PSN account requirement for the update so thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the “old” version will remain available on GOG then.
high rated
Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will be removed from GOG October 4th, 2024, 10 AM UTC.
Post edited October 02, 2024 by action_fan
high rated
Under the Witch will be removed from GOG October 14th, 2024, 1 PM UTC.
Post edited October 14, 2024 by action_fan
action_fan: Under the Witch will be removed from GOG October 14th, 2024, 1 PM UTC.
So Under the Witch is another game that was pulled with no advanced notice. I come home from work, and see these threads, and also the game is already gone.

So I checked to see if it was anything I'd miss, and see it has been removed from Steam too. Then I see that Kagura Games reports it is a contract issue:
https://www.kaguragames.com/product/under-the-witch/

"Shady Corner Games has ended its contract with the developer of this game, so it is no longer sold. Customers can still access the downloads if they own the game."
notepad: So Under the Witch is another game that was pulled with no advanced notice. I come home from work, and see these threads, and also the game is already gone.."
So I checked to see if it was anything I'd miss, and see it has been removed from Steam too.
It hasn't been removed from Steam, it's just called Hero's Journey there (probably a censored version)
Post edited October 15, 2024 by phaolo
If it's censored or otherwise has different things in it, I wouldn't count it as the same. There's a DRM-free store that still has Under the Witch,

Edit: It's being removed from Zoom, on the 24th.
Post edited 4 days ago by DoomSooth