It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG and the Game Music Festival would like to invite you to take part in our contest, where you can win one of 10 double tickets (5 to The Jazz of Cuphead, and 5 to The Symphony of the Spirits) to the upcoming concerts taking place in London’s Royal Festival Hall on the 5th and 6th of March!

All you need to do to participate is to tell us about a video game soundtrack you never get tired of in the comments to this post until 2 PM UTC on Monday 28th.

The winners will be announced on Tuesday 1st March at 2 PM UTC.
You can find the full text of the rules for the contest in the comments.

About the Game Music Festival
The 2022 edition of the Game Music Festival will take place at the famous Royal Festival Hall in London. On the 5th and 6th of March 2022, the venue will play host to original arrangements of fan-favorite video game soundtracks, as well as various accompanying events, including workshops and meetings with audio professionals. This year's edition will feature a big-band ensemble playing the jazz age soundtrack of Cuphead, followed by a symphonic concert featuring music from Ori and the Will of the Wisps, as well as Ori and the Blind Forest.

To learn more, visit our partner page for this event, where you can check out the games that inspired the concert, and read about the fantastic lineup that is going to make sure this show will be a one of a kind experience!
Hotline Miami wow the soundtrack for this game is amazing probobly the top soundtrack on my list for all time. extra points for it being from a indie game. the tracks mesh extremly well with the game play of each level just the brutal fast and unforgiving gameplay its all just magnicifant.

Second place goes to the nier automata's ost that could have been a full stand alone album and probobly have still have been a chart topper. huge dynamic clascial and energetic, fast and slow, brutal and compassionate, hoaly moley this soundtrack tells a story all on its own and really shines when coupled with the games dynamic game play.

Third is Kromaia I dident think it was possable to have a grand synth space orcastra but this game managed it. synthy atmospheric goodness that projects a crazy sense of scale in a 3d bullet hell world.

Last but certently not least Transistor. the vocals are haunting, engaging, intimate, and sincere all at the same time. once again another soundtrack that probobly could have done great all on its onwn but paired with a amazing game really shines.

Honerable mentions to katana zero and celeste for amazing soundtracts.
Thank you for your participation! Here are the winners:
- essex20
- Null_Squishy
- Manawsoul
- NavajoCEO
- Random_Coffee
- CapnSlashD

The other 4 winners were picked from Twitter entries.
low rated
Congrats. Hopefully the winners will be able to get there in time.
Oh, wow!

This came as a surprise!
Unfortunately, I'm not able to get to London so quickly!

So I respectfully decline the prize and make room for the next one in line :-)

regards
essex20: Oh, wow!

This came as a surprise!
Unfortunately, I'm not able to get to London so quickly!

So I respectfully decline the prize and make room for the next one in line :-)

regards
This is my situation as well, so I have to pass mine on too. Hopefully the prize goes to a good home!
Wouldnt be able have flown there anyway, so here is my suggested soundtrack in case GOG would like to find it. Which I hope they do.

Quest for Glory 5
Originally had a CD soundtrack. Favorite piece was the Dryads Song. The full orchestral soundtrack is very pretty.

Smollest, could you look it up in the game archives for us please? It really is a nice gem of music.
§pec†re: I don't like it when they stick game music in orchestras. They should all be forced to play music from the horrible early days where it was little more than bleeps and bloops and have people sit there and listen to it for 4 hours.

Whatever next, creative orchestral interpretations of indigestion? An operatic treatment of old ladies bickering in a tearoom?
The muffled reees of downreppers complete with mimes on stage?
Darvond: About those bleeps and bloops.

As for a composer, I pick the fine selection of Hiroki Kikuta's works on the Mana Series. The year is 1993. The SNES is entering into a golden age. And here's something that sounds practically like a CD before any extension chips.
- is that youtube video really on the NES? Awewsome!

And of course thanks for getting me back into my noise music fetish :)
Darvond: About those bleeps and bloops.

As for a composer, I pick the fine selection of Hiroki Kikuta's works on the Mana Series. The year is 1993. The SNES is entering into a golden age. And here's something that sounds practically like a CD before any extension chips.
gloombandit: - is that youtube video really on the NES? Awewsome!

And of course thanks for getting me back into my noise music fetish :)
No, that's on the C64, which predates the Famicom. As for my personal choice, that's on the SNES. Also check out PLOK, DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Post edited March 02, 2022 by Darvond
Man, I wish I could go from the United States. I do not have a passport book or could even get one by the weekend [.. it is a lengthy application process, I looked], let alone book a round-trip flight and lodging. So I will have to decline. Just a the sound tracks to the game(s) would be nice [to look into].