It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Excuse the bump, but I was wondering if people were having better luck with refunds as of late?
BillyMaysFan59: Excuse the bump, but I was wondering if people were having better luck with refunds as of late?
I got a full refund (£80) when i after 3 failed attempts at getting a refund by asking politely, outright threatened them with a claim through legal action.

"If you don't wish to issue a full refund, you give me no other option than to make a claim through the HM Courts & Tribunals Service."

That did the trick.

Several others got refunds too, but i lost track of how many.
Hmmm... This whole thing leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth... Considering this is a kickstarter project, i have to wonder what will happen. Will they not be allowed on any crowd funding site again? Or will the project fail because the fans that funded it and other people interested won't deal with the change?

I also wonder how much should be in there for single player, extra ships, docked, coming and going, random communication over the radio, the economy changing dynamically (slowly) on it's own as AI players come and go...
BillyMaysFan59: Excuse the bump, but I was wondering if people were having better luck with refunds as of late?
I've been fully refunded sometimes ago, after going full threat against them like others. Harass them, don't stop sending them mail, that's your best bet.
MacArthur: I've been fully refunded sometimes ago, after going full threat against them like others. Harass them, don't stop sending them mail, that's your best bet.
I too had to threaten legal action, and after sending an email stating just that with documented proof of prior statements and commitments... they suddenly changed their tune.
Glad that more people have been getting refunds successfully.

Still pretty sad though... if it weren't for all the backers that they betrayed, Frontier wouldn't have Elite Dangerous! They ought to show some more respect. :/
BillyMaysFan59: Glad that more people have been getting refunds successfully.

Still pretty sad though... if it weren't for all the backers that they betrayed, Frontier wouldn't have Elite Dangerous! They ought to show some more respect. :/
I believe they are going to be bitten by this in the long run. Bad PR + rushed half-assed mmo product with lots of bugs + not keeping their promises. And they cannot put their projects up on kickstarter and expect to get funded again ever.

And another good place to look is metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/elite-dangerous/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

This is not a score i associate with a good game ;)

Edit, spelling
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Solei
Solei: And another good place to look is metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/elite-dangerous/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

While the online DRM is one of the biggest problems with Elite Dangerous, it's far from the only one. The game is essentially nothing more than a prettier version of the first Elite, and basically gets rid of all the advances that Frontier and First Encounters brought with it. And while the first Elite was a marvel for its time, the fact remains that there was never very much to do in the game. Once you had your trade routes down pat and sussed out the rather predictable enemy AI, that was it.

It's all well and good to claim that "it's all about setting your own goals"; but ultimately the game needs to provide freedom and scope to do that. All you can do is trade, kill pirates...and that's about it. Everything that Elite: Dangerous does (except for the ship handling) is done better by other games. X3 was the better game overall. EVE Online does the MMO aspect better. Frontier/First Encounters had more variety (and Star Citizen is looking to offer the same). Heck, even X-Rebirth had more ambition than E:D. Even Rodina, a one-man effort (as yet unfinished), shows more ambition, by letting you walk around on planets and walk around your ship.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by jamyskis
I was initially denied a refund. It wasn't until I threatened legal action that I recieved a full refund.
BillyMaysFan59: Glad that more people have been getting refunds successfully.

Solei: I believe they are going to be bitten by this in the long run. Bad PR + rushed half-assed mmo product with lots of bugs + not keeping their promises. And they cannot put their projects up on kickstarter and expect to get funded again ever.

And another good place to look is metacritic:

Edit, spelling
Wow, the game's user rating dropped a lot on Metacritic since release.

Although i think the positive critics on Metacritic for Elite were a bit strange from the start, they are always on 1 day and then like 4-10.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by MaGo72
+1 to all brave souls that pressured elite on getting refunds ... hope many will follow!
I managed to also get a full refund. I'm wondering if they're prioritising UK refunds because they're based in the UK, and so could fall foul of the Trading Standards Agency if someone decided to escalate matters...
Elite: Dangerous is now available on Steam.
Let me know when they add an offline mode :P
Let me know when the devs aren't asshats.