It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MMLN: This announcement made me really sad, I was really wishing for good single player space sim for very very long time. I was in excited when I saw two KS campaigns in a row for Elite and Space Citizen.

Now the only option is to wait for Squadron 42, but I don't believe it will be out before 2016 :( And that game makes me little bit nervous as well, due to constantly adding to many goals to achieve. Last time they even implemented FPS mode.

I just wish Chris Roberts would rather buy Wing Commander license back from EA, but that will never happen :(
Some disgruntled E: D offliners (Yeah there's now Offliners and Onliners. :P ) are migrating to Limit Theory so that's also a option.
MMLN: This announcement made me really sad, I was really wishing for good single player space sim for very very long time. I was in excited when I saw two KS campaigns in a row for Elite and Space Citizen.

Now the only option is to wait for Squadron 42, but I don't believe it will be out before 2016 :( And that game makes me little bit nervous as well, due to constantly adding to many goals to achieve. Last time they even implemented FPS mode.

I just wish Chris Roberts would rather buy Wing Commander license back from EA, but that will never happen :(
Tarm: Some disgruntled E: D offliners (Yeah there's now Offliners and Onliners. :P ) are migrating to Limit Theory so that's also a option.
Wow, thank you I did not knew this game is in the making. Do you know by any chance about any other SP space sims which might be in the making?

EDIT: This might be good enough for me to have some fun if it gets released in timely manner, but I am just sad, that there are nowhere to be found space operas with deep story and fun enough gameplay like WC, Freespace or Star Lancer :(
Post edited November 22, 2014 by MMLN
Tarm: Some disgruntled E: D offliners (Yeah there's now Offliners and Onliners. :P ) are migrating to Limit Theory so that's also a option.
MMLN: Wow, thank you I did not knew this game is in the making. Do you know by any chance about any other SP space sims which might be in the making?

EDIT: This might be good enough for me to have some fun if it gets released in timely manner, but I am just sad, that there are nowhere to be found space operas with deep story and fun enough gameplay like WC, Freespace or Star Lancer :(
I guess you have tried the X series (apart from the latest crappola)
Also, Evochron Mercenary is good. Very Elite like.
MMLN: Wow, thank you I did not knew this game is in the making. Do you know by any chance about any other SP space sims which might be in the making?

trusteft: I guess you have tried the X series (apart from the latest crappola)
Yes I tried some X games, had some fun with them. Don't mention the Rebirth please, makes my heart bleed. Never heard about Evochron. I will check it now, thanks for recommendation.

I've had Evochron Mercenary for a long time sitting unplayed in my steam library and started to try playing it last week. Heard good things about it.
MMLN: Yes I tried some X games, had some fun with them. Don't mention the Rebirth please, makes my heart bleed. Never heard about Evochron. I will check it now, thanks for recommendation.
I can't believe I am saying this, but if you buy Evochron Mercenary from GG, you more or less don't have to rely on the DRM (Evochron servers activation / Steam) and can not only play it offline but basically DRM free.

Tarm: I've had Evochron Mercenary for a long time sitting unplayed in my steam library and started to try playing it last week. Heard good things about it.
Same here, more or less. :)
Post edited November 22, 2014 by trusteft
Yeah Evochron is not bad, you can mod in some cool background graphics and stuff, so it looks awesome.
I am starting my first steps in Starpoint Gemini 2 which I bought here some days ago. Apart from a third person perspective and a smaller universe, it looks like a good alternative to Elite Dangerous.

I will later comment further on the gameplay, oh no reds on the radar...
Post edited November 22, 2014 by MaGo72
The moderators on E: D's forum are starting to put their feet down on threads railing on about offline mode being removed and stuff related to that.
There could be that FD have decided on what to do about it but I think that FD and the mods simply have had enough of the rantings. I'm a bit surprised they let it continue for so long.
Well that is a poopie, why would I play an online game given my wifi is so bad, when I enter a halo match I am getting killed by the server!
Looks like the gamma version sucks. Can't say it bothers me :D
jamotide: Looks like the gamma version sucks. Can't say it bothers me :D
Yeah players are reporting problems. Though it is a gamma version so chances are the release will be better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fmoS--B1ro

I would like to write more about the gameplay of Starpoint Gemini 2, but the fighting is quite tough and I've not gotten that far.

Note to myself, be careful to accept missions for you may be in hell of laser and missile fire after that.
Post edited November 26, 2014 by MaGo72
Looks like Frontier is trying to ride out the storm, threads locked, refund responses delayed..
jamotide: Looks like the gamma version sucks. Can't say it bothers me :D
Tarm: Yeah players are reporting problems. Though it is a gamma version so chances are the release will be better.
"gamma version"? what, those exist?