It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Have you tried turning it off and back on again??
flubbucket: Have you tried turning it off and back on again??
ROFLMAO
Got a sub for Dessimu. Ixamyakxim.

Big thanks to all those who replied, both here and through PM. Ixamyakxim actually wanted to join and was bummed that the signup got filled so fast. So all is good.
muddysneakers: Maybe I'll sign up for the next one.
Please do! Always good to get players.
Post edited September 20, 2018 by ZFR
ZFR: Got a sub for Dessimu. Ixamyakxim.

Big thanks to all those who replied, both here and through PM. Ixamyakxim actually wanted to join and was bummed that the signup got filled so fast. So all is good.
muddysneakers: Maybe I'll sign up for the next one.
ZFR: Please do! Always good to get players.
Just saw this. Perhaps the next one.

Please do! Always good to get players.
muddysneakers: Just saw this. Perhaps the next one.
You should join, lots of fun to be had :-)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_55_trouble_at_arstotzkan_boot_camp/post402

"Sorry if I don't answer, but I'm really paranoid about giving any info that can be used to metaread. But I really do enjoy reading them, so if you want to, continue to PM me.
I will of course always answer any "technical" questions that should be answered."

This is fairly common, though sometimes people are just thinking out loud, and sometimes they are actually digging.

Be glad you aren't modding a game with Nacho playing ;)

But if in doubt a good ol' krypsynian "Heh" is a good card to play. If people want to read into that they can, but it's just as likely you are laughing at them for their idiocy as with them for their genius.
bler144: But if in doubt a good ol' krypsynian "Heh" is a good card to play. If people want to read into that they can, but it's just as likely you are laughing at them for their idiocy as with them for their genius.
Joe's reply of choice is "OHO".
SirPrimalform:
I think Dylan's been scrubbing his face a little too vigorously. What soap does he use?
ZFR: Since a few people yesterday asked me a questions about the setup, in the interest of fairness I'm posting here the answer they all received: It's a C9++ with a twist. Whether this techinically makes it semi-open or not is completely up to you.
Oh hey, I think the term you want is Semi-Open Setup Like.

You're welcome!
JoeSapphire: I think Dylan's been scrubbing his face a little too vigorously. What soap does he use?
Harpic I think?
SirPrimalform: Harpic I think?
Get him to try something more delicate. Like Mr Sheen.
SirPrimalform: Harpic I think?
JoeSapphire: Get him to try something more delicate. Like Mr Sheen.
Attachments:

Big thanks to all those who replied, both here and through PM. Ixamyakxim actually wanted to join and was bummed that the signup got filled so fast. So all is good.[...]
You can thank me properly later. I take Visa, prefer Mastercard.
Well. Now I'm dead and slightly bored. So I would like to discuss some new/non-standard roles. Do you think this thread is good for that? Or do role discussions get too spammy and should be banished to some quicktopic?

I already mentioned my own new role idea, The Shelterer, here:
Personally I like the second version better. The first version can lead to a game-breaking scenario, where half the players are confirmed town, when only one scum is left.

But I also picked up two role ideas from MS, which I would like to try some time. Both of them are cop variations.

The CSI (or DNA-investigating cop)
This cop takes samples from the scene of each murder and determines the DNA of the killer. At night, he can test one person for their DNA and check, whether it matches the DNA from one of the homicides. This cop is a bit weaker than a regular cop, since it only can find scum that actually commit a NK. As a trade-off, Godfathers would be powerless against them.

...................... If one wants a much weaker cop, one can modify this role so that the cop does not automatically take samples from crime scenes in the morning, but has to decide at Night, whether he investigates a crime scene OR a player. But that would only work in big games. In small games such a cop would be useless.

Anterograde Amnesiac Cop
This cop investigates normally, but forgets the results immediately after the investigation. Fortunately he always writes down his results. Unfortunately he always misplaces the notes too... Rule wise, the Cop isn't told the results of his investigations, but they are all revealed when he dies. Because the players find all the notes in his belongings. This would create a funny situation, where it is in the interest of scum to either kill the cop very early or to keep him alive. And it would be in the interest of town to kill the cop after a while to get access to his investigations... which changes around the usual cop strategies nicely.

What do you think of these three roles? Should we discuss here? Or in some QT?

Oh, a possible implementation of the CSI could be, that the Cop is told an DNA-string generated via MD5 hashes (including a secret prefix).
So if ZFR had killed someone, and the Mod decided to use the prefix Cats!, the DNA found at the crime scene would be the hash of Cats!ZFR: 86be4645513e6a0f8a6f1b9bd3c5d351

The next night, the cop investigates Lifthrasil and finds out that Lifthrasils DNA is (hash Cats!Lifthrasil): 6ef6a6a7fd6065dae25ba56e7ba7af96

Which doesn't match the DNA of the crime scene. But if Lifthrasil kills someone later and his DNA turns up at the crime scene, the cop will immediately know who the guilty person was.
Post edited September 26, 2018 by Lifthrasil
I like the CSI cop!