It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: I stumbled across Ix's werewolf game on the forum and became intrigued
I wonder how many were first intrigued when they saw lx's werewolf game? I'm on that list. :)
budejovice: I wonder how many were first intrigued when they saw lx's werewolf game? I'm on that list. :)
Want to play in this one ;)
budejovice: I wonder how many were first intrigued when they saw lx's werewolf game? I'm on that list. :)
trentonlf: Want to play in this one ;)
Awww. That's nice. But you already knew the answer to that one. ;)
budejovice: Awww. That's nice. But you already knew the answer to that one. ;)
I did, but was hoping you might change your mind :)
Thanks for perspectives all, keep 'em coming. I feel like if I participate in 4 or 5 and observe 1 or 2 I will be set to go with an assistant mod, if not before that (3 or 4 plays and 1 observe, maybe?)
drealmer7: Thanks for perspectives all, keep 'em coming. I feel like if I participate in 4 or 5 and observe 1 or 2 I will be set to go with an assistant mod, if not before that (3 or 4 plays and 1 observe, maybe?)
FWIW, if you happen to get knocked off D1/N1, and the game stretches on to D4/5, that probably falls more on the "observe" side than the playing side. ;)

So the delineation isn't entirely clean. In that vein, the last two games have both gone without any real end-game so it's harder to judge what really worked and what didn't.
Ixamyakxim: Should I get in on this? Will that push the numbers a bit screwy?

What's up with the people on the "bottom" list? If I express interest I won't be stealing their spots will I?
Feel free. The people on the bottom list will fill out the numbers if they are needed. If they aren't needed, then they're fine stepping aside.

adaliabooks: Or just completely wing it!

I barely read the games I'm actually playing, never mind any of the old ones... And I only followed one game before signing up (and that was technically by accident as I stumbled across Ix's werewolf game on the forum and became intrigued)
Well...

I started watching Flub's game around Day 2 or 3, I think it was. I didn't even know "Observer Thread" was an option.
Post edited November 10, 2015 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: I started watching Flub's game around Day 2 or 3, I think it was. I didn't even know "Observer Thread" was an option.
I'd heard about the "milk" game a few times. I guess I just assumed it was set in the offices of the SF City Council and about the assassination of Harvey Milk.

Apparently, it was not. Who knew?

Anyways, when I was working on my nunnery setup I created a messenger character with a somewhat similar concept. After talking with yogs about Flub's game, though, I took it out. Love the concept, but in practice it seems like it's too complex to rely on. And if you can't predict how someone will use a key feature, it's even harder to balance the whole it would seem.
gl hf
yogsloth: Plus... with that many, you need 10 to lynch... and that's gonna take a while.
A solution I've used is the Majority Lynch.

The player with the most votes end of day is lynched.

No Lynch is No Problem.
I have an idea. I might actually fit a number 13 into the game, if you are not suspicious. I just calculated it through and I'll talk it over with agentcarr, but I think I can balance the addition of another role. Depends now on how much the 'I'll only play if I must' players want out.

In any case I'll start the game tonight. Either with 13 or with 12. I don't think that there will be 3 more coming to fill up the roster to 16.
Lifthrasil: if you are not suspicious.
I'm very suspicious. This is not to say not to include it, but be advised...
drealmer7: Yeah I did notice that, but didn't know what the feeling was overall, if there was one (like the RPing one, which I found to be false anyway, really! The RP haters just want to push the idea that RPing is looked down on, because it is, by some!)

[...]
Just for the record, what bothered me with your play was not the RP-ing per se, it was mostly two things:
- You write the way one talks - taking a deep breath and then spitting everything out in one endless sentence, using commas when you could have used periods and made shorter sentences.
- You kept repeating the same things over and over within the same post, and then made new posts re-repeating them.

It quickly became wearisome for me.

drealmer7: And it is not like spots being filled is even needed. It could be played with 9 or 10 or 11. [...]
And how do you know this?

bler144: FWIW, if you happen to get knocked off D1/N1, and the game stretches on to D4/5, that probably falls more on the "observe" side than the playing side. ;)

So the delineation isn't entirely clean. In that vein, the last two games have both gone without any real end-game so it's harder to judge what really worked and what didn't.
Agreed, I was NKed in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game in N1, I don't count that game as one I've played.

Bookwyrm627: I'm very suspicious. This is not to say not to include it, but be advised...
No no no, this is your chance to have two bodyguards!

@Lifthrasil
If you need one person out, you can put me down to the observers list.
Lifthrasil: if you are not suspicious.
Bookwyrm627: I'm very suspicious. This is not to say not to include it, but be advised...
D'oh! I meant superstitious! ;-)
Hey guys! P1na wants to play too. So now we are at 14 players. If we can convince bler to step in right away instead of waiting to replace someone, we only need one player more!