It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gaerzi: They removed the FormGen mission packs? That sucks, even if everybody hates them, they're a historical part of the game. Edit: apparently they were briefly removed when Wolf 3D and SOD were combined, but then added back in a bit later.
If I remember correctly, they only added back to those who bought the package before the removal. I think now it's impossible to buy the mission packs.
Gaerzi: They removed the FormGen mission packs? That sucks, even if everybody hates them, they're a historical part of the game. Edit: apparently they were briefly removed when Wolf 3D and SOD were combined, but then added back in a bit later.

Anyways I trust the Nightdive developers, which are involved in this (KEX Engine is theirs after all) to have kept the original Doom exes and wads intact. In case you didn't know, they're big Doom fans.
Wait, what are the FormGen Packs for Wolf 3D/SOD?
Post edited August 08, 2024 by MysterD
mk47at: So… I'm a bit paranoid since the Wolfenstein SoD inofficial missionpack removal…
The old version that included those mission packs was brought back a while ago already. There are now two Wolf 3D versions: a single one for each Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny (the old versions) and a newer bundled one (the one missing the two mission packs).
mk47at: This does not mess with the classic versions, only with the enhanced ones, right?
Yeah this should be a new update/version for/of that Enhanced version.
https://www.gog.com/en/game/doom_doom_ii

Note it's not a free update.
Post edited August 08, 2024 by erbello
erbello: https://www.gog.com/en/game/doom_doom_ii

Are they (GOG) adding this DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 combo pack to the accounts of GOG-version owners that own DOOM 1, Doom 2, Master Level for Doom 2, and Final Doom?

I own all of that on Steam (Doom 1, Doom 2, Final Doom, Master Levels of Doom 2) - and basically, DOOM 1 & 2 new combo pack on Steam is showing as "Owned" for me on Steam.
Post edited August 08, 2024 by MysterD
erbello: Note it's not a free update.
Note it is. From the news post:

"Worth noting: If you owned DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, you’ll receive DOOM + DOOM II for free."
erbello: https://www.gog.com/en/game/doom_doom_ii

MysterD: Are they (GOG) adding this DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 combo pack to the accounts of GOG-version owners that own DOOM 1, Doom 2, and Final Doom?

I own all of that on Steam - and basically, DOOM 1 & 2 new combo pack is showing as "Owned" for me on Steam.
The game page says not owned, although I own Doom 1/2/Master Levels/Final Doom.
erbello: Note it's not a free update.
Berzerk2k2: Note it is. From the news post:

"Worth noting: If you owned DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, you’ll receive DOOM + DOOM II for free."
Great news for GOG-version owners of Doom 1993 and/or Doom 2.

[thumbs up]
The news showed up few seconds later. Thanks :)
Post edited August 08, 2024 by erbello
Bethesda.net account required.

NO!
M3troid: Bethesda.net account required.
Has always been the case for the Enhanced versions so nothing new here.
Berzerk2k2: The old version that included those mission packs was brought back a while ago already. There are now two Wolf 3D versions: a single one for each Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny (the old versions) and a newer bundled one (the one missing the two mission packs).
Okay. I wasn't sure. It never was removed from my library, but there were many differing reports so I avoided doing a library refresh since then.
M3troid: Bethesda.net account required.
Berzerk2k2: Has always been the case for the Enhanced versions so nothing new here.
Why is it here then? That's DRM.

[EDIT] Just tested it. Not needed to play - just for add-ons and online multiplayer. Local multiplayer is available. Not too bad in that case even if it isn't ideal.
Post edited August 08, 2024 by tremere110
tremere110: Why is it here then?
For officially selected community add-ons that are stored on their servers. It's the same for Quake Enhanced.
*sigh* I hate it to be right with my predictions. :-(
Original Doom registered version fit on a few 3.5" diskettes, ffs.

System: Windows 10 64-bit
Memory: 8GB System RAM
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: Minimum 2GB free space on hard drive

- Now on the KEX engine
- Online, cross-platform deathmatch ² --- Bethesda.net account required.
- Featured community mods ² --- Bethesda.net account required.
Post edited August 08, 2024 by g2222