It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CW should make a tv series on WATCHMEN.
If not a full featured season then at least a mini series.

I want more WATCHMEN.
amrit9037: CW should make a tv series on WATCHMEN.
That's the last channel that should have anything to do with Watchmen. They would make something even worse than th Saturday Morning Watchmen.

And really, I think Snyder's movie is as good an adaptation of Watchmen as is possible. There are other great comics, no need to re-try what was already done well.
While I haven't read them, they could probably adapt the Before Watchmen books into a TV series. The sad truth is that, if a TV series were to be created, it would have to be on the CW. It is the pitfall of DC Comics being owned by Warner Bros.

WireHead: the "Nooooooooo" scene.
To me, Rorschach is the main character of the story, so I was glad to see someone mourn him. Nite Owl seemed the most fitting to do so.
yarow12: Fantastic 4 was enjoyable. It had great potential, but failed itself during the 2nd half. In my eyes, it should have been two movies where Dr. Doom doesn't come into play until the very end and doesn't even pop up until the sequel.
Dat boss fight, though? Ugh. Not terrible, but ugh. Dahell were they thinking? Was the original script butchered during the last quarter?

7/10 Wouldn't watch again.
From the director's now-famous , the implication is that the suits at Fox screwed him over by totally messing up his movie. But rumors are that the director himself [url=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/inside-a-star-wars-firing-792933]wasn't necessarily innocent either.

Of course, it's anyone's guess if Trank's original vision for the Fantastic Four movie would have actually been any good...or how much of the truth is reflected in Trank's tweet.
rampancy: From the director's now-famous , the implication is that the suits at Fox screwed him over by totally messing up his movie. But rumors are that the director himself [url=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/inside-a-star-wars-firing-792933]wasn't necessarily innocent either.

Of course, it's anyone's guess if Trank's original vision for the Fantastic Four movie would have actually been any good...or how much of the truth is reflected in Trank's tweet.
While I do believe that the movie suffered a lot along the way and might have been much better if not for some re-writes and re-shoots and budget problems, I don't think it really ever could have been actually "good". If nothing else the cast is just terrible, miscast and bland. It's hard to put together what might have been, with so many changes along the way, but I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone involved screwed up at one point or another. It's a mess on every level, and I think that even if Trank's version was any good, it would not really be a "Fantastic Four" movie at all. At no point, on no level, does this movie show any understanding of those characters or this franchise at all.
amrit9037: CW should make a tv series on WATCHMEN.

I want more WATCHMEN.
The whole Graphic Novel lends itself perfectly to a mini series.

Heck if it were different Warner Bros could have made Watchmen into an HBO mini series.
Elmofongo: Heck if it were different Warner Bros could have made Watchmen into an HBO mini series.
To much actuall meaning and not nearly enough sex and violence for an HBO series. HBO would do much better with something like The Authority.
If they're going to make a comic movie without the elements that made the comic so popular in the first place they would be better off making a generic action movie.
theslitherydeee: If they're going to make a comic movie without the elements that made the comic so popular in the first place they would be better off making a generic action movie.
Dem license rights doe.
snowkatt: and again i now want to see the roger corman fantastic four
it cant be worse then these three big budget shit biscuits
It is actually better. (except the visuals)

No I am not kidding.

To know that Roger Corman made a better movie for for only a million dolars has to be depressing. Like show up on set drunk and trash your trailer kind of depressing.
Post edited August 28, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
Gede: What are your thoughts on Watchmen? I know that was not a story for everyone...
I saw the Watchmen movie two years before I saw the motion comic.
That being said, the movie was great and as close as it needed to be be to the original source material. I only mention the last part because some people obsess over keeping things the same. Because, you know, "You've read the comic? Now, watch the movie that's exactly like the comic!"
Was a ton missing from the movie? Yes. Does it matter to people who haven't read the comic? No.
In closing, the Watchmen, like Dredd, was a huge success to me.
yarow12: Was a ton missing from the movie? Yes. Does it matter to people who haven't read the comic? No.
In closing, the Watchmen, like Dredd, was a huge success to me.
OK, to which Dredd do you refer, the one with Stallone which was more comical than comic or the re-make?
I liked both DREDD.
Adi Shankar should make sequel of his movie.
amrit9037: I liked both DREDD.
Adi Shankar should make sequel of his movie.
Well, to be honest, I thought they were both entertaining as well. One was a little more 'comical', the other a bit more serious.

Kind of like the Batman movies turned out.

Now, then you have the horror film genre, like "Evil Dead", which really didn't get a cult following until "Evil Dead 2" (the 'Farewell to Arms' scene made me laugh), and then followed up by "Army of Darkness".

Bruce Campbell is like the king of 'B' horror movies and his early work with Hercules & Xena, as well Brisco County Jr. and later work like Burn Notice can't go unnoticed. He's just one of those actors you enjoy watching.

On that token, I'm really looking forward to the new series coming out in a few months. The trailer looked great.
Gede: What are your thoughts on Watchmen? I know that was not a story for everyone...
yarow12: I saw the Watchmen movie two years before I saw the motion comic.
I never read the book (but I own it now, I just lack the time for now).
I noticed it was not for everyone. I think that those who don't know the 80's will have more trouble understanding and enjoying the story.