It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Now with preload and release details!

The time to dive into the fascinating, futuristic world of Night City is almost upon us. That’s why, as the clock keeps counting down to the game’s official premiere, we’ve decided to gather all the important stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 in one place.

On the 10th of December, the much-anticipated game from CD PROJEKT RED will come to life on millions of computers and consoles around the world. Set in a dystopian, sci-fi universe created by Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 will take us to a huge open world, soaked in neon lights and a kitsch art style. Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.

The character creation
In Cyberpunk 2077, our hero is highly customizable. Apart from their appearance, along with details like eyes and hair color, body shape, or tattoos, we can select our character’s Lifepath from the three distinct options available. Our choice will not only affect the character’s stats and traits but also will give them a unique narrative background.

• If you choose the Nomad Lifepath, the hero will come to Night City from the polluted Badlands, where independence and resourcefulness are top qualities.
• If you decide on the Streetkid Lifepath, the main character will know more about life on Night City’s crime-infested streets.
• Finally, if your choice is the Corporate Lifepath, you’ll be skilled in the subtle art of intrigue, honed in the corridors of the Arasaka megacorporation.

After creating your own character, it’s time to explore the game’s awesome universe!

The gameplay
In contrast to previous CD PROJEKT RED games, Cyberpunk 2077 is an FPP game. This lets you immerse yourself fully in the game’s world, and makes using all the weapons provided to your character much easier, and satisfying, to use.

The arsenal V can use in Cyberpunk 2077 is huge! Revolvers, machine guns, shotguns, pistols, knives, swords – you name it! 12 corporations produce weapons distributed on Night City’s streets – from top tier arms from Arasaka, to Rostovic products that almost anyone can afford. As for types of weaponry, you can choose from power weapons, tech weapons, smart weapons (with guided ammunition), and melee weapons (along with razor-sharp katanas). In many cases, once you’ll find your favorite arms’ type, it’s up to you to customize its parameters.
Post edited December 05, 2020 by emter_pl
Danielx64: Does anyone know if you can preload the game?
I'm not sure if it's a glitch or something, but the !text file that was produced by gogrepoc has this:

-- Cyberpunk 2077 --

title.......... cyberpunk_2077_game
game id........ 1423049311
url............ https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077
release date... September 17, 2020

game items.....:
mrkgnao: What do you work as?
Senior consultant. I do pretty much everything on-site and remote, except programming (some simple things are ok, but it and the work hours there is why I try to stay clear of it).

As mentioned, yes, in most European countries there are specific laws that (mostly) prevents the abusing of workers, like overtime either has to be specified in the contract, or agreed upon later. And yes, every hour is "tracked" and reported.

Basically, the politicians don't like people working without paying taxes, that's the main reason why it's mandatory tracked and reported. Every company that fails to do this risks heavy fines.:D
Cyberpunk 2077 is not an FPP game, the immersion breaking discrepancy between being able to switch between first-person and third-person driving and regular FPS gameplay outside of your vehicle does seems more like a tradeoff than anything else. Depending on how you will be able to switch between perspective and how the game plays because of this feature is paramount here. You cannot even see yourself properly when you're outside of your car without a mirror, while suddenly there are cameras/drones behind your car?

I absolutely get the design decisions of this seemingly immersion breaking tradeoff. Driving a car in a crowded city in an action game is way more irritating from a first person perspective than it is if you play the game GTA 3+4+5 style. But then again, it is also unrealistic to provide you with this option in this way alone. You either provide this freedom at all times to the player or you do not. Its not that difficult to include elements that help justifying both.

There are other factors where this design decision becomes really weird. I mean thinking about it further, the talk regarding immersion and immersion-breaking becomes vapid in itself. Being forced to play FPS-style and giving players the agency to switch perspective due to certain circumstances, things can even become tiresome really quick. However, allowing the players to choose also means that immersion breaking will only happen if the player thinks of this this way. Look at how GTA 5 did this. Even if its FPS gameplay is close to being subpar, immersion breaking is not an issue there because it is seamless switching. Gothic 3 is another example, you don't even notice you can play through the game in first person or not. While its optional, the seamless switching can help playing the game in a certain way.

This taking away of options and player agency while forcing the player to play the game from a certain perspective is literally is the only gameplay element that makes games such as Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag not a excellent experience. You're forced to play in third person when you play the "normal game", while being forced into an invisible body due to silly story reasons outside of the regular gameplay. You either provide them with both options or you do not. Being constructive, you can circumvent the need of a TPP by providing this option to the player in other circumstances, so why not provide this option if you're doing menial things, like not moving? I mean, you really must provide context in game to justify these things.

A perfect TPP or FPP game is a game where you do not even notice that you will be able to switch perspectives. We will see if this becomes true in Cyberpunk.

I know any of this is basically nitpicking, but calling Cyberpunk 2077 a FFP game is really stretching it here.
huan: I wasn't even sure why I had such feeling, until I read this discussion. I think Breja summed it quite well, with single word: "gangsta". I was expecting something dark. The most prominent think I remember about CP2077 is the very first video we saw - dark rainy street with murderous android/cyborg woman with mantis blades (we didn't know the name back then), cops shooting at her, probably to be turned into mincemeat in very near future because she's way over their pay grade... Cybernetic mods not as a way to look cool, but as a way to maybe survive for just another day...
I think a lot of peoples, when they hear "Cyberpunk", think about Blade Runner where everything is dark, rainy/foggy, taking place in the night, etc... but Cyberpunk is not necessarily like that, a lot of cyberpunk novels, even among the classics, take place mostly in broad daylight, where most peoples uses extensions for recreative purposes, convenience, or yes, to look cool (often without thinking about the risks), and apart from gang, terrorist, or some paramilitary organization you won't have any retractable or weapons in said extensions.

I don't know how it is in the original game, but Cyberpunk doesn't necessarily means that everything takes place in some dark semi-post apocalyptic distopia.
Dray2k: I know any of this is basically nitpicking, but calling Cyberpunk 2077 a FFP game is really stretching it here.
Well, since the majority of the game is in 1. person I can understand why they call it that, but my biggest grief is that they've perhaps have taken out too much of what can be considered an rpg. That's something I've clearly missed reading on.

I see it was edited by someone called "MichalLeszcz85" 15 hours ago, merely 5 after I wrote and called it FPP RPG... Yep, we'll just have to see how the game really is before judging too much.
Post edited October 20, 2020 by sanscript
Gersen: I think a lot of peoples, when they hear "Cyberpunk", think about Blade Runner where everything is dark, rainy/foggy, taking place in the night, etc... but Cyberpunk is not necessarily like that, a lot of cyberpunk novels, even among the classics, take place mostly in broad daylight, where most peoples uses extensions for recreative purposes, convenience, or yes, to look cool (often without thinking about the risks), and apart from gang, terrorist, or some paramilitary organization you won't have any retractable or weapons in said extensions.

I don't know how it is in the original game, but Cyberpunk doesn't necessarily means that everything takes place in some dark semi-post apocalyptic distopia.
I think it has to do with the style of early Cyperpunk literature, especially Gibson (Neuromancer) which is reminiscent of classic "hardboiled noir" fiction, whose protagonists are also often shown prowling the dark alleys of a rain-soaked city - symbolizing the twilight, the moral grey areas, and the tragedies big and small taking place in urban labyrinths.
mrkgnao: What do you work as?
sanscript: Senior consultant. I do pretty much everything on-site and remote, except programming (some simple things are ok, but it and the work hours there is why I try to stay clear of it).

As mentioned, yes, in most European countries there are specific laws that (mostly) prevents the abusing of workers, like overtime either has to be specified in the contract, or agreed upon later. And yes, every hour is "tracked" and reported.

Basically, the politicians don't like people working without paying taxes, that's the main reason why it's mandatory tracked and reported. Every company that fails to do this risks heavy fines.:D
Thank you. I stand corrected.
Danielx64: Does anyone know if you can preload the game?
sanscript: I'm not sure if it's a glitch or something, but the !text file that was produced by gogrepoc has this:

-- Cyberpunk 2077 --

title.......... cyberpunk_2077_game
game id........ 1423049311
url............ https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077
release date... September 17, 2020

game items.....:
That used to be the release date before they changed it.

mrkgnao: As a quantifiable metric for how successfully hyped this game is, I will just point out that with one full month left to the release date, Cyberpunk 2077 has already made it to the top 25 bestselling games of all times on GOG.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: Where do you get this data from?
https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=bestselling
Post edited October 20, 2020 by mrkgnao
Gersen: I think a lot of peoples, when they hear "Cyberpunk", think about Blade Runner where everything is dark, rainy/foggy, taking place in the night, etc... but Cyberpunk is not necessarily like that, a lot of cyberpunk novels, even among the classics, take place mostly in broad daylight, where most peoples uses extensions for recreative purposes, convenience, or yes, to look cool (often without thinking about the risks), and apart from gang, terrorist, or some paramilitary organization you won't have any retractable or weapons in said extensions.

toxicTom: I think it has to do with the style of early Cyperpunk literature, especially Gibson (Neuromancer) which is reminiscent of classic "hardboiled noir" fiction, whose protagonists are also often shown prowling the dark alleys of a rain-soaked city - symbolizing the twilight, the moral grey areas, and the tragedies big and small taking place in urban labyrinths.
You can have a neo-noir vibe in beautiful broad daylight too, Miami Vice has plenty of great examples of that, like the superb episode "Definitely Miami". But instead C2077 seems to be very straightforward about all the "gangsta flava" being cool and fun. Which, again, is not by definition a bad approach to the genre, it's just not one to my liking. I find all the gangsta stuff (not just in this game but in general), vulgar an unappealing.
Could be wrong of course, but I think there'll be still enough thoughtful seriousness to counter the loud and abrasive flamboyance the game is understandably advertised with. The masses want to be entertained after all.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't play your V as a bit of a more brooding and less extroverted version of the one from the cinematics as well. Might even be possible to influence your companions' character development, to an extent of course.
Or just leave them behind, and go solo, where and whenever possible.
Post edited October 20, 2020 by Swedrami
While I'm happy this title is coming out and I'm really thankful to CDPR for the choice of the first person POV (me and many, many others will be finally able to play one of your games without the need of modding it) I'm honestly at least equally disappointed by the lack of a proper physical edition for PC.

Why are you doing this CDPR, you don't like us anymore?
toxicTom: I think it has to do with the style of early Cyperpunk literature, especially Gibson (Neuromancer) which is reminiscent of classic "hardboiled noir" fiction, whose protagonists are also often shown prowling the dark alleys of a rain-soaked city - symbolizing the twilight, the moral grey areas, and the tragedies big and small taking place in urban labyrinths.
Breja: You can have a neo-noir vibe in beautiful broad daylight too, Miami Vice has plenty of great examples of that, like the superb episode "Definitely Miami". But instead C2077 seems to be very straightforward about all the "gangsta flava" being cool and fun. Which, again, is not by definition a bad approach to the genre, it's just not one to my liking. I find all the gangsta stuff (not just in this game but in general), vulgar an unappealing.
I kinda agree with you i am not a guy who likes being an opportunist

Do you hate CD PROJEKT'S previous games though?
Judicat0r: While I'm happy this title is coming out and I'm really thankful to CDPR for the choice of the first person POV (me and many, many others will be finally able to play one of your games without the need of modding it) I'm honestly at least equally disappointed by the lack of a proper physical edition for PC.

You mean that it does not have a disc?
Post edited October 20, 2020 by GeraltOfRivia_PL
GeraltOfRivia_PL: Do you hate CD PROJEKT'S previous games though?
Quite the contrary.

In general, I'm sure you are right, cyberpunk genre can be many things. In this specific case, the initial trailer set some expectations and the end product is shaping to be quite different from that.
Judicat0r: While I'm happy this title is coming out and I'm really thankful to CDPR for the choice of the first person POV (me and many, many others will be finally able to play one of your games without the need of modding it) I'm honestly at least equally disappointed by the lack of a proper physical edition for PC.

GeraltOfRivia_PL: You mean that it does not have a disc?
That's right.
Post edited October 20, 2020 by Judicat0r
I just want to play this thing already. At this point the hype can only take away from the actual experience.