It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Now with preload and release details!

The time to dive into the fascinating, futuristic world of Night City is almost upon us. That’s why, as the clock keeps counting down to the game’s official premiere, we’ve decided to gather all the important stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 in one place.

On the 10th of December, the much-anticipated game from CD PROJEKT RED will come to life on millions of computers and consoles around the world. Set in a dystopian, sci-fi universe created by Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 will take us to a huge open world, soaked in neon lights and a kitsch art style. Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.

The character creation
In Cyberpunk 2077, our hero is highly customizable. Apart from their appearance, along with details like eyes and hair color, body shape, or tattoos, we can select our character’s Lifepath from the three distinct options available. Our choice will not only affect the character’s stats and traits but also will give them a unique narrative background.

• If you choose the Nomad Lifepath, the hero will come to Night City from the polluted Badlands, where independence and resourcefulness are top qualities.
• If you decide on the Streetkid Lifepath, the main character will know more about life on Night City’s crime-infested streets.
• Finally, if your choice is the Corporate Lifepath, you’ll be skilled in the subtle art of intrigue, honed in the corridors of the Arasaka megacorporation.

After creating your own character, it’s time to explore the game’s awesome universe!

The gameplay
In contrast to previous CD PROJEKT RED games, Cyberpunk 2077 is an FPP game. This lets you immerse yourself fully in the game’s world, and makes using all the weapons provided to your character much easier, and satisfying, to use.

The arsenal V can use in Cyberpunk 2077 is huge! Revolvers, machine guns, shotguns, pistols, knives, swords – you name it! 12 corporations produce weapons distributed on Night City’s streets – from top tier arms from Arasaka, to Rostovic products that almost anyone can afford. As for types of weaponry, you can choose from power weapons, tech weapons, smart weapons (with guided ammunition), and melee weapons (along with razor-sharp katanas). In many cases, once you’ll find your favorite arms’ type, it’s up to you to customize its parameters.
Post edited December 05, 2020 by emter_pl
mrkgnao: in most of the companies I've worked for, you were allowed to take as many days of vacation as you wanted (i.e. unlimited PTO), so they could not compensate you with extra time off. Then again, the fixed salary was very high, so I'm not complaining, just sharing.
drm9009: Some jobs you can negotiate your terms, but that is probably not *most* jobs. If a janitor wanted unlimited PTO they'd just find another janitor, usually.
You're of course right. I'm talking about engineering and managerial positions in high-tech companies.
Breja: The genre?
Not at all, some of my favorite games and movie would fall into that genre (more or less).

The tabletop game?
Not at all, in fact one of the most fun tabletop campaigns I played in was Cyberpunk.

This game?
I haven't played it, so I can neither hate it, like it, or anything it. I'm just fed up with the overhyping, which is all I said.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: Do you intend to play it?
Eventually, maybe. But I've got some 120 other games wishlisted or backlogged that I'm way more interested in, so who knows.

Really the best this game ever looked to me was that first trailer 7 years ago, and everything after that only made it less and less appealing.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: Do you intend to play it?
Breja: Eventually, maybe. But I've got some 120 other games wishlisted or backlogged that I'm way more interested in, so who knows.

Really the best this game ever looked to me was that first trailer 7 years ago, and everything after that only made it less and less appealing.
To be clear, i am not insulting you!

I am really curious though what has turned you off from the game?

Do you believe it desecrates Cyberpunk?
Will Keanu take a bullet for me? 'Nough mentors is enough!
GOG.com: The time to dive into the fascinating, futuristic world of Night City is almost upon us. That’s why, as the clock keeps counting down to the game’s official premiere, we’ve decided to gather all the important stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 in one place.

On the 19th of November, the much-anticipated game from CD PROJEKT RED will come to life on millions of computers and consoles around the world. Set in a dystopian, sci-fi universe created by Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 will take us to a huge open world, soaked in neon lights and a kitsch art style. Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.

The game’s story
Night City is a bustling metropolis situated in the Free State of Northern California. It’s 2077, seven years after the Unification War spread across America, and let’s just say that things aren’t looking pretty. Night City has just been voted “the worst place to live” on the continent, yet where some people fear danger, others see opportunity.

V, the main character of the game, definitely belongs to the second group. When we meet our hero, they are working as a mercenary for a fixer named Dexter DeShawn. After one of the assignments goes terribly wrong, V is contacted by a mysterious revolutionary figure, Johnny Silverhand (played by Keanu Reeves). Of course, we don’t want to spoil anything more, so let’s stop the plot-explaining right here. ;)

The character creation
In Cyberpunk 2077, our hero is highly customizable. Apart from his or her appearance, along with details like eyes and hair color, body shape, or tattoos, we can select our character’s Lifepath from the three distinct options available. Our choice will not only affect the character’s stats and traits but also will give them a unique narrative background.

• If you choose the Nomad Lifepath, the hero will come to Night City from the polluted Badlands, where independence and resourcefulness are top qualities.
• If you decide on the Streetkid Lifepath, the main character will know more about life on Night City’s crime-infested streets.
• Finally, if your choice is the Corporate Lifepath, you’ll be skilled in the subtle art of intrigue, honed in the corridors of the Arasaka megacorporation.

After creating your own character, it’s time to explore the game’s awesome universe!

The game’s world
Night City is a vast metropolis, with over 6 million inhabitants, all living their lives and constantly on the move. Surrounded by the inhospitable Badlands, the town is divided into six districts, each one with its own unique background and architecture.

Places like Pacifica, a run-down tourist district, or the cramped Santo Domingo are quite dangerous. On the other side of the spectrum, you can visit City Center, with its breathtaking skyscrapers and Corpo Plaza, or Westbrook, the most prestigious part of Night City. Somewhere in between are the Heywood and Watson districts, relatively rich, but still penetrated by the street gangs.

Speaking of street gangs, eight big gangs roam the streets of Night City. Among them you’ll find:
• 6th Street - a gang consisting of hardened veterans of the 4th Corporate War
• Animals - bodybuilders who distrust any cyberware enhancements
• Maelstrom – extreme fans of implants and powerful, illegal cyberware
• THE MOX - an anarchist group that unites outcasts from various groups
• Scavengers - infamous for kidnapping people and harvesting their cyberware.
• Tyger Claws - owners of widely illegal entertainment businesses
• Valentinos - a loyal family gang that idolizes Santa Muerte
• Voodoo Boys - the best netrunners and master hackers in Night City

Of course, during your stay, you’ll encounter other, smaller criminal groups. They all have different qualities and goals but have one thing in common – you better not cross them unprepared.

The gameplay
In contrast to previous CD PROJEKT RED games, Cyberpunk 2077 is an FPP game. This lets you immerse yourself fully in the game’s world, and makes using all the weapons provided to your character much easier, and satisfying, to use.

The arsenal V can use in Cyberpunk 2077 is huge! Revolvers, machine guns, shotguns, pistols, knives, swords – you name it! 12 corporations produce weapons distributed on Night City’s streets – from top tier arms from Arasaka, to Rostovic products that almost anyone can afford. As for types of weaponry, you can choose from power weapons, tech weapons, smart weapons (with guided ammunition), and melee weapons (along with razor-sharp katanas). In many cases, once you’ll find your favorite arms’ type, it’s up to you to customize its parameters.

The same diversity applies to vehicles you’ll encounter in Night City. 12 car manufacturers will supply V with cars. This includes luxurious Herrera and Rayfield vehicles to middle-tier cars from ThorTon, and even small, cheap cars from Makigai. It’s already confirmed that one of the game’s best cars will be a 1977 Porsche 911 owned previously by Johnny Silverhand. Natural born rebels can chase the wind with motorcycles from Yaiba or Arch (real-live company owned by Keanu Reeves). There are also military vehicles from Arasaka and Militech corporations, but getting behind the wheel of one of them may prove quite the challenge!

As we already mentioned, another one of Cyberpunk 2077's important features is cybernetic enhancements, which can turn your body into a killing machine. Cyberware can modify your character’s stats, with two important limitations – how much your body can take in, and how much your wallet can give out. Cyberware also gives our hero a gate to Braindance, a sort of personal version of the net. Thanks to it, you can not only indulge yourself in virtual reality pleasures, but also access other people’s memories in extreme cases.

As you can see, the lore of Cyberpunk 2077 makes it deservingly the most anticipated game of 2020. Get the game on GOG.COM and on November 19th receive your exclusive digital comic, Cyberpunk 2077: Big City Dreams, as well as other cool digital goodies. With every purchase, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.
GOG.com: Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.
This is so cool, but wait, hold on a second.
"Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want "
I thought that the internet was closed beyond the black wall?

Is there a new internet now?
Post edited October 19, 2020 by fridgeband
GeraltOfRivia_PL: To be clear, i am not insulting you!

I'd have to consider Cyberpunk "sacred" first :D

Seriously though, it's just that the first trailer all those years ago teased a very different mood. More Deus Ex/Blade Runner. Now it's obvious the game is way more "gangsta", more "GTA in the future" than the neo-noir style cyberpunk I like. Which, to be honest, is a perfectly valid approach, and true to the tabletop game. It's just less to my personal liking.

For me Dex was probably a way better cyberpunk game, and at a fraction of the price too (even despite the crappy ending).
Everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077?
They forgot to mention the crunch.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/29/21494499/cyberpunk-2077-development-crunch-time-cd-projekt-red
I see it's been discussed in previous posts but I had to make the joke, sorry.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: To be clear, i am not insulting you!

Breja: I'd have to consider Cyberpunk "sacred" first :D

Seriously though, it's just that the first trailer all those years ago teased a very different mood. More Deus Ex/Blade Runner. Now it's obvious the game is way more "gangsta", more "GTA in the future" than the neo-noir style cyberpunk I like. Which, to be honest, is a perfectly valid approach, and true to the tabletop game. It's just less to my personal liking.

For me Dex was probably a way better cyberpunk game, and at a fraction of the price too (even despite the crappy ending).
Actually i agree. But that didn't stop me from preordering the game (not for real money, i should add, as i used a gift card, but still) I mean it's a grand RPG game released by a Polish studio which is DRM-free. And one that can actually run on my outdated rig (RTX 2060)

But yes, i agree they maybe went into the gangs too much. Now they're going to be compared to GTA V when both games are of totally different genres.

By Dex you mean Deus Ex? I played the second one on Steam and i have the first one here, but never played it. I could not get past the second boss, i think she was called Manticore or something. I hate that you can sneak your way everywhere but you can't avoid bosses. This is similar to Metal Gear Solid which i adore but i still don't like it
Dogmaus: Everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077?
They forgot to mention the crunch.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/29/21494499/cyberpunk-2077-development-crunch-time-cd-projekt-red
I see it's been discussed in previous posts but I had to make the joke, sorry.
Ik you are kidding but imho it's stupid to accuse the company of something like that... the workers at CD Projekt are elite IT technicians who wouldn't agree to working for peanuts. Let's not pretend they don't earn much more than the average citizen of Europe. They are not slaves, they can quit if they don't like the crunch
Post edited October 20, 2020 by GeraltOfRivia_PL
GeraltOfRivia_PL: By Dex you mean Deus Ex?
Nope, by Dex I mean Dex.
low rated
GeraltOfRivia_PL: By Dex you mean Deus Ex?
Breja: Nope, by Dex I mean Dex.
And what did you think of CD Projekt's previous games?

I am sorry i am just curious
I'm actually surprised by the lack of angry comments about this article's mere existence, which I'm glad to see; the anger can and should be channeled elsewhere imo.

I haven't read this, I don't care about the game, but I also know many people do and this article may be mainly for eyeballs who browse the news on the front page, not so much the forum.
tfishell: I'm actually surprised by the lack of angry comments about this article's mere existence, which I'm glad to see; the anger can and should be channeled elsewhere imo.

I haven't read this, I don't care about the game, but I also know many people do and this article may be mainly for eyeballs who browse the news on the front page, not so much the forum.
The general consoomer is used to getting the story told in trailers so that there is a little discovery left when it's time to watch or something. They've learned to accept it and need it, even though they'll scream "SPOILER!" when you say one thing in passing without thinking about it. Here's what you'll discover, expect to see this, etc.

This kind of article is awful, but a sign of the times.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: they can quit if they don't like the crunch
Oh, yeah, you're not a slave, you can always become suddenly jobless if you don't like the crunch. Like having a job is a hobby and not something you do for a living. There is no need to crunch, because there is no need to release early a videogame. It's not a primary, survival good. The company should be able to hire more staff or postpone the release.
GOG.com:
fridgeband: This is so cool, but wait, hold on a second.
"Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want "
I thought that the internet was closed beyond the black wall?

Is there a new internet now?
What's behind the Blackwall is just a smaller cordoned-off portion of the Net, not the whole thing, iirc.
Does anyone know if you can preload the game?