It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Now with preload and release details!

The time to dive into the fascinating, futuristic world of Night City is almost upon us. That’s why, as the clock keeps counting down to the game’s official premiere, we’ve decided to gather all the important stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 in one place.

On the 10th of December, the much-anticipated game from CD PROJEKT RED will come to life on millions of computers and consoles around the world. Set in a dystopian, sci-fi universe created by Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 will take us to a huge open world, soaked in neon lights and a kitsch art style. Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.

The character creation
In Cyberpunk 2077, our hero is highly customizable. Apart from their appearance, along with details like eyes and hair color, body shape, or tattoos, we can select our character’s Lifepath from the three distinct options available. Our choice will not only affect the character’s stats and traits but also will give them a unique narrative background.

• If you choose the Nomad Lifepath, the hero will come to Night City from the polluted Badlands, where independence and resourcefulness are top qualities.
• If you decide on the Streetkid Lifepath, the main character will know more about life on Night City’s crime-infested streets.
• Finally, if your choice is the Corporate Lifepath, you’ll be skilled in the subtle art of intrigue, honed in the corridors of the Arasaka megacorporation.

After creating your own character, it’s time to explore the game’s awesome universe!

The gameplay
In contrast to previous CD PROJEKT RED games, Cyberpunk 2077 is an FPP game. This lets you immerse yourself fully in the game’s world, and makes using all the weapons provided to your character much easier, and satisfying, to use.

The arsenal V can use in Cyberpunk 2077 is huge! Revolvers, machine guns, shotguns, pistols, knives, swords – you name it! 12 corporations produce weapons distributed on Night City’s streets – from top tier arms from Arasaka, to Rostovic products that almost anyone can afford. As for types of weaponry, you can choose from power weapons, tech weapons, smart weapons (with guided ammunition), and melee weapons (along with razor-sharp katanas). In many cases, once you’ll find your favorite arms’ type, it’s up to you to customize its parameters.
Post edited December 05, 2020 by emter_pl
high rated
What we don't know, is whether CDPR can consider releasing it for Linux after doing the Stadia port? After doing all that work, it shouldn't be hard.

Please do, CDPR! Making a cyberpunk game and not releasing it for cyberpunk OS (Linux / Vulkan) while using corpo lock-in instead (Windows / DX12) feels wrong and strongly ironic.
Post edited October 19, 2020 by shmerl
Enebias: I'm also expecting to be lynched by the mob, I know criticizng CDP anywhere on the internet is seen by most like spitting on the Bible during mass.
I prefer yelling profanities in the church.... and I did, which is also why I'm not going there any more :D

I'm expecting people to at least have some facts right before criticizing something, otherwise it's just empty ramblings. Crunch is quite normal in any part of our society anyway, nothing unusual, but the methods varies.

Boycott your bank and see if that's any better, and just so you know - not buying this game will hurt those who made the game, but the choice is yours ;)
mrkgnao: tech, in/with several companies, in/with several countries, and I have never met a single employee who was paid overtime.
What, seriously?

Add me to the list. It IS quite normal (perhaps not in the US) but here we are paid for overtime, no matter what we do. Well, mostly except for small things that takes less than 30/60 min.
I really want them to release that background song in the Behind The Music trailer.
Can somebody confirm whether there's going to be a demo or not? I'm one of those guys who get sick playing fpp games. So I need to at least try it first, and would be nice if I can try it legally.
mrkgnao: tech, in/with several companies, in/with several countries, and I have never met a single employee who was paid overtime.
sanscript: What, seriously?

Add me to the list. It IS quite normal (perhaps not in the US) but here we are paid for overtime, no matter what we do. Well, mostly except for small things that takes less than 30/60 min.
What do you work as?
idbeholdME: I'm not that interested in the game but I have no idea who would like to read spoilers on the game they are about to play.

Anybody that even glanced at this article will immediately know the locations how many gangs there are, their names, their main activities etc. They can no longer find that out through playing the game, they can no longer wonder "Is there another gang out there I haven't seen yet?" or "Where will I go next?" etc.

It takes from the sense of wonder and exploration you could have had by finding these things out by playing the game...
This trend of revealing so much stuff before a game actually releases has completely missed me.
I always like to read stories like this about an upcoming game. When The Witcher 3 released I read lots of info and review before playing the game. These games are so large that even with all these "spoilers" there is lots of stuff to discover. Games like this are also complex, introducing their own lingo, attributes, etc. and intro texts like these help to get acquinted with a world I've never participated in. But I also understand people completely avoiding topics like this/
idbeholdME: I'm not that interested in the game but I have no idea who would like to read spoilers on the game they are about to play.

Anybody that even glanced at this article will immediately know the locations how many gangs there are, their names, their main activities etc. They can no longer find that out through playing the game, they can no longer wonder "Is there another gang out there I haven't seen yet?" or "Where will I go next?" etc.

It takes from the sense of wonder and exploration you could have had by finding these things out by playing the game...
This trend of revealing so much stuff before a game actually releases has completely missed me.
Most of it has already been revealed so no big spoiler
sanscript: Are you logged in or something?
Breja: Yes. And annoying as some recommendations I get that way may be, from what I've seen it's still better than the wide-awake nightmare of a "generic" YT front page :D
Do you hate Cyberpunk?
Post edited October 19, 2020 by GeraltOfRivia_PL
mrkgnao: I'd be surprised it this were illegal anywhere in the world, but it most certainly isn't illegal in the US and Europe.
In EU countries they generally must track your hours. Where I live, flexible work time is allowed but every hour must be counted and there's a limit to how many extra hours you can accumulate. After that, you have to stop flexing (and you cannot flex anymore so if you're still at work, it has to be OT) and eventually take time off to balance it out. Also, if an employer requires you to stay at work (i.e. it's not your own initiative) then it's overtime, not flex time; the employee must consent and be compensated.

In practice I'm sure a lot of people flex willingly when there's crunch time ahead, but the law is pretty clear regarding overtime.

(I am a software engineer in Finland.)
Post edited October 19, 2020 by clarry
GeraltOfRivia_PL: Do you hate Cyberpunk?
The genre?
Not at all, some of my favorite games and movie would fall into that genre (more or less).

The tabletop game?
Not at all, in fact one of the most fun tabletop campaigns I played in was Cyberpunk.

This game?
I haven't played it, so I can neither hate it, like it, or anything it. I'm just fed up with the overhyping, which is all I said.
GeraltOfRivia_PL: Do you hate Cyberpunk?
Breja: The genre?
Not at all, some of my favorite games and movie would fall into that genre (more or less).

The tabletop game?
Not at all, in fact one of the most fun tabletop campaigns I played in was Cyberpunk.

This game?
I haven't played it, so I can neither hate it, like it, or anything it. I'm just fed up with the overhyping, which is all I said.
Do you intend to play it?
sanscript: Are you logged in or something?
Breja: Yes. And annoying as some recommendations I get that way may be, from what I've seen it's still better than the wide-awake nightmare of a "generic" YT front page :D
Oh, it's bad alright. :D
There's always one video of a comedians whole program, university lectures and clowns reacting to gangster rap lyrics...and trailers for new movies. As if I'd waltz into a cinema right now. :P

Oh, and for whatever reason I'm getting asmr cooking videos recommended, I didn't know such a thing existed. :P

----
Back on topic, with every reveal, trailer or whatever it is they show, I'm getting less and less interested in the game.
Post edited October 19, 2020 by NuffCatnip
mrkgnao: I'd be surprised it this were illegal anywhere in the world, but it most certainly isn't illegal in the US and Europe.
clarry: In EU countries they generally must track your hours. Where I live, flexible work time is allowed but every hour must be counted and there's a limit to how many extra hours you can accumulate. After that, you have to stop flexing (and you cannot flex anymore so if you're still at work, it has to be OT) and eventually take time off to balance it out. Also, if an employer requires you to stay at work (i.e. it's not your own initiative) then it's overtime, not flex time; the employee must consent and be compensated.

In practice I'm sure a lot of people flex willingly when there's crunch time ahead, but the law is pretty clear regarding overtime.

(I am a software engineer in Finland.)
That's interesting. I didn't know that. Thank you.

I, of course, have never been told to work extra hours, nor has anyone I have worked directly with (in US, EU, Korea, Japan, and Israel). We just had deadlines that could not reasonably be reached without extra hours. I knew about having to count hours, but in most of the companies I've worked for, you were allowed to take as many days of vacation as you wanted (i.e. unlimited PTO), so they could not compensate you with extra time off.

Then again, the fixed salary was very high, so I'm not complaining, just sharing.
Post edited October 19, 2020 by mrkgnao
What do we know about Cyberpunk 2077? We know it got rebranded from an RPG to an "action-adventure story" and that a bunch of features got dropped.

It could still be good, but mass-appeal entertainment properties rarely interest me.
Post edited October 19, 2020 by WiseLearnedMan
mrkgnao: in most of the companies I've worked for, you were allowed to take as many days of vacation as you wanted (i.e. unlimited PTO), so they could not compensate you with extra time off. Then again, the fixed salary was very high, so I'm not complaining, just sharing.
Some jobs you can negotiate your terms, but that is probably not *most* jobs. If a janitor wanted unlimited PTO they'd just find another janitor, usually.