It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Now with preload and release details!

The time to dive into the fascinating, futuristic world of Night City is almost upon us. That’s why, as the clock keeps counting down to the game’s official premiere, we’ve decided to gather all the important stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 in one place.

On the 10th of December, the much-anticipated game from CD PROJEKT RED will come to life on millions of computers and consoles around the world. Set in a dystopian, sci-fi universe created by Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 will take us to a huge open world, soaked in neon lights and a kitsch art style. Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.

The character creation
In Cyberpunk 2077, our hero is highly customizable. Apart from their appearance, along with details like eyes and hair color, body shape, or tattoos, we can select our character’s Lifepath from the three distinct options available. Our choice will not only affect the character’s stats and traits but also will give them a unique narrative background.

• If you choose the Nomad Lifepath, the hero will come to Night City from the polluted Badlands, where independence and resourcefulness are top qualities.
• If you decide on the Streetkid Lifepath, the main character will know more about life on Night City’s crime-infested streets.
• Finally, if your choice is the Corporate Lifepath, you’ll be skilled in the subtle art of intrigue, honed in the corridors of the Arasaka megacorporation.

After creating your own character, it’s time to explore the game’s awesome universe!

The gameplay
In contrast to previous CD PROJEKT RED games, Cyberpunk 2077 is an FPP game. This lets you immerse yourself fully in the game’s world, and makes using all the weapons provided to your character much easier, and satisfying, to use.

The arsenal V can use in Cyberpunk 2077 is huge! Revolvers, machine guns, shotguns, pistols, knives, swords – you name it! 12 corporations produce weapons distributed on Night City’s streets – from top tier arms from Arasaka, to Rostovic products that almost anyone can afford. As for types of weaponry, you can choose from power weapons, tech weapons, smart weapons (with guided ammunition), and melee weapons (along with razor-sharp katanas). In many cases, once you’ll find your favorite arms’ type, it’s up to you to customize its parameters.
Post edited December 05, 2020 by emter_pl
One thing I know for sure: I won't buy the game on release. I'm not supporting crunch time.
tfishell: I'm actually surprised by the lack of angry comments about this article's mere existence, which I'm glad to see; the anger can and should be channeled elsewhere imo.

I haven't read this, I don't care about the game, but I also know many people do and this article may be mainly for eyeballs who browse the news on the front page, not so much the forum.
kmanitou: The general consoomer is used to getting the story told in trailers so that there is a little discovery left when it's time to watch or something. They've learned to accept it and need it, even though they'll scream "SPOILER!" when you say one thing in passing without thinking about it. Here's what you'll discover, expect to see this, etc.

This kind of article is awful, but a sign of the times.
No, the whole notion of “spoilers” is a sign of the times. That’s a young person’s notion. In my experience, even knowing specific plot details does not detract from the enjoyment I get from reading a novel, watching a play or a movie, or playing a game. The joy is in the discovery off how the story is told or portrayed, our boss the game allows you to interact with the game world. As for revealing story elements, well, “... what has been done will be done again. There is nothing new under the Sun.” An FPP open world game with gangs? Wow, I’m shocked.

I disagree with the entire notion of spoilers. I read great novels multiple times, and my joy is never diminished. I play and replay video games, and still they are fun even in the repeating. I asked a friend to tell me the entire story of the Amazon series The Boys before I had seen it, and you know what? I still loved it. Nothing could have prepared me for the compelling performances of the actors. Simply knowing an event was going to happen did not keep me from being genuinely surprised (and shocked) when it transpired in the show.

I can’t think of a single “spoiler” that actually affected how much I enjoyed a show, book, or game. I guess it comes down to the fact that someone describing an experience isn’t the same as the experience itself.
kmanitou: The general consoomer is used to getting the story told in trailers so that there is a little discovery left when it's time to watch or something. They've learned to accept it and need it, even though they'll scream "SPOILER!" when you say one thing in passing without thinking about it. Here's what you'll discover, expect to see this, etc.

Locoman: No, the whole notion of “spoilers” is a sign of the times. That’s a young person’s notion. In my experience, even knowing specific plot details does not detract from the enjoyment I get from reading a novel, watching a play or a movie, or playing a game. The joy is in the discovery off how the story is told or portrayed, our boss the game allows you to interact with the game world. As for revealing story elements, well, “... what has been done will be done again. There is nothing new under the Sun.” An FPP open world game with gangs? Wow, I’m shocked.

I disagree with the entire notion of spoilers. I read great novels multiple times, and my joy is never diminished. I play and replay video games, and still they are fun even in the repeating. I asked a friend to tell me the entire story of the Amazon series The Boys before I had seen it, and you know what? I still loved it. Nothing could have prepared me for the compelling performances of the actors. Simply knowing an event was going to happen did not keep me from being genuinely surprised (and shocked) when it transpired in the show.

I can’t think of a single “spoiler” that actually affected how much I enjoyed a show, book, or game. I guess it comes down to the fact that someone describing an experience isn’t the same as the experience itself.
You might not like my wording, but it seems we agree on everything. Worrying about spoilers is for simpletons who can't appreciate something anyway.
Swedrami: Or just leave them behind, and go solo, where and whenever possible.
This is what I am wondering.

Like the Fallout's, can this be played with a solo character? Or do you have to have a "sidekick" or squad?

If it can't be soloed, I will not rush into buying it (though would likely get it at some point).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcRujcvfQeY :D
Swedrami: Or just leave them behind, and go solo, where and whenever possible.
Martek: This is what I am wondering.

Like the Fallout's, can this be played with a solo character? Or do you have to have a "sidekick" or squad?

If it can't be soloed, I will not rush into buying it (though would likely get it at some point).
It was confirmed over on the official Cyberpunk 2077 forums, that you cannot go 100% solo (which is funny, because of the overarching general "class" you're playing as is called a "Solo"), mainly for narrative reasons.
Meaning, there will be missions where being paired up with a companion like Jackie or T-Bug (the female Netrunner from the 2018 48min gameplay demo) is done because they are essential to the progress of the story.
If you're able to actively choose whether or not to take any with you on missions which don't require the presence of companions hasn't been confirmed as of yet, I think.
Martek: This is what I am wondering.

Swedrami: It was confirmed over on the official Cyberpunk 2077 forums, that you cannot go 100% solo (which is funny, because of the overarching general "class" you're playing as is called a "Solo"), mainly for narrative reasons.
Meaning, there will be missions where being paired up with a companion like Jackie or T-Bug (the female Netrunner from the 2018 48min gameplay demo) is done because they are essential to the progress of the story.
If you're able to actively choose whether or not to take any with you on missions which don't require the presence of companions hasn't been confirmed as of yet, I think.
Alright, thanks.

I'll be keeping an eye on it, but not sure it will be a release-day purchase. Might wait for some Let's Plays and reviews before I decide. That 48-min gameplay video shows a very compelling world, so it may fall onto my exceptions list.
Locoman: No, the whole notion of “spoilers” is a sign of the times. That’s a young person’s notion.
You can only speak for yourself. I'm slowly nearing 50 and I hate careless spoilers.
kmanitou: You might not like my wording, but it seems we agree on everything. Worrying about spoilers is for simpletons who can't appreciate something anyway.
That's a very "simpleton" approach. Knowing something (esp. some "big reveal") beforehand will definitely change your experience. Nobody claimed that it'll turn a good story into a bad story.
Post edited October 21, 2020 by toxicTom

Locoman: No, the whole notion of “spoilers” is a sign of the times. That’s a young person’s notion. In my experience, even knowing specific plot details does not detract from the enjoyment I get from reading a novel,
I'm no spring chicken and I've got to say my exprience is vastly diffrent. I love lore, and plot, and spoliers can outright ruine the exprience of a book, movie, or game. There are very few things that have a lot of replay value for me because most systems and presentations aren't that novel or interesting so once the story is gone so is the entertainment value for me.

Honestly it's one of the things that made the transition to fully DRM free easier too, because then I can (usually/mostly) avoid the hype train and all of it's markting blitz stuff.

But to each their own, diffrent people enjoy diffrent things and that's a-okay.
I just have to dispute the notion that not wanting spoilers is "a sign of the times" unless those times are a span from the 80s through to current day ;)
What will happen when the license for Porsche in CP2077 will expire? Delisting game from the store?
Post edited October 23, 2020 by erbello
I'm going to pass on reading the article too much before I've played the game. Beyond the initial trailer and the recent trailers, I haven't followed development at all so I have no disappointments about what did or didn't change about the gameplay during development. Funnily enough I haven't been especially interested in it after I learned that they would stick to the source material, as I'd been hoping that we'd get their vision of something new like a cyberpunk 2077 set in Kraków, Mexico City or Delhi. Game itself looks like it could be good though.

My biggest worry based on the recent trailers is their tone so far. Those I've seen make the game look like it shifted more towards being a futuristic GTA 5 mixed in with Payday than being cyberpunk, with an emphasis on lacking the punk part of cyberpunk. The GTA games don't interest me in the slightest, so I'll be waiting to see if this is just marketing doing its thing because GTA5 sold absurdly well, or if this is what the game ended up becoming.

It's not really about not exclusively taking place at night, that's most strongly associated with the noir side like Blade Runner, and more about a tone of exaggeration and over-the-topness being taken too far, like a Fast & Furious movie. While the punk part of cyberpunk may at times look goofy, it does take itself quite seriously in the issues it brings up. It didn't help that some of the dialogue I saw from characters felt like it had too many characters trying to be Tarantino-cool while lacking the Tarantino touch and there being not enough grounded people for the setting to bounce off of.

This is all impressions and I could be wildly off as I'm intentionally not looking into it too deeply. In fact, I'd much rather have it exceed my expectations than go in overhyped and end up disappointed.
Post edited October 23, 2020 by Fortuk
Any similar game in the Gog catalog that can be played on a potato ( Phenom II X4 955 / HD7650 / 6GB RAM )
I don't know what your opinion about game, guys and girls, but for me CP 2077 - very "raw cooked" game that needs much more thousands of hours hard work than DevTeam can afford before launching it on 10.12.2020.
Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Trailer - Johnny Silverhand
Cyberpunk 2077 - Behind the Scenes: Keanu Reeves
Cyberpunk 2077 - Behind the Scenes: Score and Soundtrack
Cyberpunk 2077 - Behind the Scenes: JALI

Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Gameplay Trailer
赛博朋克2077 - 官方游戏预告片
Cyberpunk 2077 - Offizieller Gameplay-Trailer
사이버펑크 2077 - 공식 게임플레이 트레일러
Cyberpunk 2077 - Video oficial del juego
Cyberpunk 2077 - Trailer di gameplay ufficiale
Cyberpunk 2077 - Oficjalny Zwiastun Rozgrywki
Cyberpunk 2077 - Bande annonce de Gameplay officielle
Cyberpunk 2077 - Официальный трейлер геймплея
Cyberpunk 2077 - Trailer Oficial de Gameplay
GOG.com: ... Of course, we don’t want to spoil anything more, so let’s stop the plot-explaining right here. ;)
Well, the new game trailer did that for you, without a "spoilers ahead" warning!!!
Not good, not good at all!