It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

awalterj: snip
You'd burrow into the underground and its magma-filled caves where the shinies are. Duh!
tinyE: averaging 2 inches an hour now XD

Backyard

Frontyard
awalterj: That is quite impressive! It made me think about an interesting theory though: What if this is only like 2 inches of snow and in real life you're a tiny (no pun intended) dwarf with a tiny house with a tiny fence and a tiny shovel etc?
Attachments:
awalterj: That is quite impressive! It made me think about an interesting theory though: What if this is only like 2 inches of snow and in real life you're a tiny (no pun intended) dwarf with a tiny house with a tiny fence and a tiny shovel etc?
tinyE:
i think i know who stole your ball - it's the snowman with 3 balls
For some people, it's a sad reality. This was the legacy of a freak winter blizzard we had back in February 2012.

We may get back there this year too if it keeps on snowing much longer.
Post edited January 12, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
mistermumbles: You'd burrow into the underground and its magma-filled caves where the shinies are. Duh!
That's an ingenious idea but I'm afraid it would only work in Dwarf Fortress the game, not if you were a realistic tiny dwarf in real life, it would take too long especially with tinyE's shovel.

tinyE:
I wonder how many times Michael Ironside had to bring his suit to the dry cleaner after that one.

ciomalau: i think i know who stole your ball - it's the snowman with 3 balls
If only people would listen to Saudi cleric Sheikh Munajjid this wouldn't happen! (according to him, building snowmen promotes lustiness and eroticism and is therefor not allowed)

WinterSnowfall: For some people, it's a sad reality. This was the legacy of a freak winter blizzard we had back in February 2012.

We may get back there this year too if it keeps on snowing much longer.
Let's hope it doesn't get that bad (those photos are freaky), only place I've seen this much snow is in the Alps at 3000+ meters altitude.
awalterj: If only people would listen to Saudi cleric Sheikh Munajjid this wouldn't happen! (according to him, building snowmen promotes lustiness and eroticism and is therefor not allowed)
That must've been some alluring snowman/woman he encountered.
Dec and Jan used to be cooling for us over here in the equatorial tropical zone. The 2 months we had respite over the shitty warm and humid weather. Now it's the same shitty warm and humid weather throughout the year. It's like we no longer have our precious 2 months respite anymore. I always hated the weather we have.
Vythonaut: tmp_rsz_tmp_2017.jpg
HypersomniacLive: Gorgeous!
Yeah, definitely a sight to behold; I stood there admiring the view for several minutes -- it was almost hypnotizing to see the snowfall, which is something the photo can't show. The woods are beautiful all year long, but when they're covered in snow is something truly exceptional. :)

Having said that, heavy weather is over for us; currently it's at 5ºC and the sky is crystal clear.
Still a bit colder than usual here, but the blizzards have stopped for now. We might even get to see some positive temperatures this weekend, but some snowing is expected to return next week. Hopefully nothing major.

However, I heard all the polar madness we've been getting to know more than we liked is now heading west, towards central Europe and Great Britain.
WinterSnowfall: However, I heard all the polar madness we've been getting to know more than we liked is now heading west, towards central Europe and Great Britain.
I've read about a cold wave hitting Greece today. Seems likely to hit France, Spain and Portugal over the weekend.
Stay warm guys.
This little guy was no longer at his spot today. Not far from where he was situate, not one, but two little guys made their appearance. With the abundant sunshine we had today, I expect them to have suffered the same fate as the first one by tomorrow.
Attachments:
HypersomniacLive: This little guy was no longer at his spot today. Not far from where he was situate, not one, but two little guys made their appearance. With the abundant sunshine we had today, I expect them to have suffered the same fate as the first one by tomorrow.
That's what Meth does to snowmen.

Tragic
I thought this thread's days were over, since over the weekend we had positive temps and the mountains of snow slowly started to melt away, but no... seems like next week we'll get -20 C-ish temperatures again with a new round of blizzards.

Damn you freak polar vortex, can't you take a hint? Go back home! You're not welcome at these latitudes.
Lucumo: Still fine here, not too much snow here either...so far.
Oh yeah, down there in "other"... I just love it how people, who don't even reveal their country of origin, tell how weather or politics are back at their home country. :) It is hard to think if they are talking about the situation in Germany or Zimbabwe.
timppu: Oh yeah, down there in "other"... I just love it how people, who don't even reveal their country of origin, tell how weather or politics are back at their home country. :) It is hard to think if they are talking about the situation in Germany or Zimbabwe.
Here at the "other" place, it's usually pretty cool ;-) Too bad winter came and ruined everything.