It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: @all: can someone who owns the game check, whether the Galaxy dependency is gone?
Gersen: I will try tomorrow.
Thank you!
high rated
Gersen: I will try tomorrow.
Lifthrasil: Thank you!
I tested and sadly exactly the same issue. The DLC is disabled when offline without Galaxy.
Gersen: I tested and sadly exactly the same issue. The DLC is disabled when offline without Galaxy.
That's a shame but thanks for testing.I guess we will have to wait for the next update then.
Gersen: I tested and sadly exactly the same issue. The DLC is disabled when offline without Galaxy.
That is unfortunate. But thank you for checking!
high rated
I haven't been around lately. I apologize to OP Lifthrasil and anyone I've reacted negatively to in the past.

I've visualized a timeline of the games listed so far and will update sparingly in [SP DRM] and [SP DRM Plots].

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jlDSN47Q_k1mZ4KyiTrJ0z8yWIdU7P-ENYEW8P_nShk/
(see attached for a timeline)

I've categorized the severity of the DRM based on low, moderate, and high:

- Low being optional bonus equipment or cosmetic skins that doesn't interfere with completing the game
- Moderate being something that affects a feature of the game, usually game modes
- High being that you need to be online or have Galaxy to play and finish it

Historical Stats

- Currently out of 8,785 products on the store, 99.66% is DRM-free that we know of
- 30% of these 43 issues have been resolved
- DRM rate of 3.1 games/year since this became a problem, that being Moto Racer 2 from 2010
- Issues resolved at 0.9 games/year; therefore, the net DRM rate is 2.1 games/year
- It takes an average of 13 months for these issues to be resolved from date of identification

In the past 3 years:
- DRM rate of 6.3 games/year (37% high, 21% moderate, 42% low)
- 1 DRM case comes up every ~60 days based on date identified

Any mistakes, please let me know.
Attachments:
Post edited November 11, 2023 by UnashamedWeeb
Just so it's not forgotten, given that there are things on GOG that are still "coming soon" since at least 2014...

The Will of Arthur Flabbington is currently marked as "Offline installers will be added soon".
Post edited November 11, 2023 by mrkgnao
high rated
UnashamedWeeb: Any mistakes, please let me know.
It's a colossal mistake to categorize any games on GOG as having "low severity DRM."

There is no such thing as "low severity DRM."

By using inaccurate, DRM-affirming labels like that, doing that is just emboldening GOG and CDPR and other publishers/devs to put more DRM into their GOG games - and it is also emboldening them never to remove the DRM that is already in their GOG games, too - since asinine, DRM-affirming labels like "low severity DRM" are giving them the impression that DRM is A-okay, no big deal, fine & dandy, and perfectly acceptable to include in GOG games, since labels like that give them the impression that GOG customers have no problem with DRM being infested into GOG games, so long as it is "only" "low severity DRM."
Post edited November 11, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
high rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: There is no such thing as "low severity DRM."
Indeed. A turd is still a turd however you spin it, and you definitely don't want to be hit by a spinning turd.
high rated
UnashamedWeeb: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jlDSN47Q_k1mZ4KyiTrJ0z8yWIdU7P-ENYEW8P_nShk/
Likewise, I disagree with categorizing DRM. It's either DRM or it's not DRM. It doesn't matter if it is just cosmetic. With some games, you pay extra for those cosmetic features. The Caligula Effect, which I'm using as an example because I own the game has extra costumes. It costs $14.99 for the casual clothes and $19.10 for the swimsuits (if not purchased while on sale.)

I'm of the opinion that when the costumes are a free online connection reward, you're still paying for them financially as they've been just added into the base price of the game. I would argue that people who buy Cyberpunk 2077 have already payed for that online only content no matter how superficial it is. They should be allowed to access it as any customer via the offline installers.

Also I would argue that the only low severity DRM are cases where there was DRM to begin with that was officially disabled or bypassed. Because it's technically still lingering about, there's always going to be a risk with all future updates to the game that something gets broken and the DRM goes active again.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: It's a colossal mistake to categorize any games on GOG as having "low severity DRM."

There is no such thing as "low severity DRM."

By using inaccurate, DRM-affirming labels like that, doing that is just emboldening GOG and CDPR and other publishers/devs to put more DRM into their GOG games - and it is also emboldening them never to remove the DRM that is already in their GOG games, too - since asinine, DRM-affirming labels like "low severity DRM" are giving them the impression that DRM is A-okay, no big deal, fine & dandy, and perfectly acceptable to include in GOG games, since labels like that give them the impression that GOG customers have no problem with DRM being infested into GOG games, so long as it is "only" "low severity DRM."
+1
Just describe what's locked, don't categorize it. If you can't get all of the single-player content with no connection or client, the game's DRMed, end of.
UnashamedWeeb: I haven't been around lately. I apologize to OP Lifthrasil and anyone I've reacted negatively to in the past.

I've visualized a timeline of the games listed so far and will update sparingly in [SP DRM] and [SP DRM Plots].

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jlDSN47Q_k1mZ4KyiTrJ0z8yWIdU7P-ENYEW8P_nShk/

I've categorized the severity of the DRM based on low, moderate, and high:

- Low being optional bonus equipment or cosmetic skins that doesn't interfere with completing the game
- Moderate being something that affects a feature of the game, usually game modes
- High being that you need to be online or have Galaxy to play and finish it

Historical Stats

- Currently out of 8,785 products on the store, 99.66% is DRM-free that we know of
- 30% of these 43 issues have been resolved
- DRM rate of 3.1 games/year since this became a problem, that being Moto Racer 2 from 2010
- Issues resolved at 0.9 games/year; therefore, the net DRM rate is 2.1 games/year
- It takes an average of 13 months for these issues to be resolved from date of identification

In the past 3 years:
- DRM rate of 6.3 games/year (37% high, 21% moderate, 42% low)
- 1 DRM case comes up every ~60 days based on date identified

Any mistakes, please let me know.
Thank you for your work!
Interesting, thanks!
high rated
Catventurer: Likewise, I disagree with categorizing DRM. It's either DRM or it's not DRM. It doesn't matter if it is just cosmetic.
Absolutely. Let's also not forget that DRM is the presence of a mechanism for locking game content, it is not the locked content itself. The type/amount of content locked is totally irrelevant.
mrkgnao: Just so it's not forgotten, given that there are things on GOG that are still "coming soon" since at least 2014...

The Will of Arthur Flabbington is currently marked as "Offline installers will be added soon".
Update:
The offline installers seem to have been added (but the warning message has not been removed).
Catventurer: I'm of the opinion that when the costumes are a free online connection reward, you're still paying for them financially as they've been just added into the base price of the game. I would argue that people who buy Cyberpunk 2077 have already payed for that online only content no matter how superficial it is. They should be allowed to access it as any customer via the offline installers.
Just to play a devil's advocate, what if a publisher gave the developers enough money for an additional month or two to polish their game in the condition that they also add a few cosmetic extras to be used as a way to get more users for the publishers client, would you rather have that game being released in a much more buggier mess than accept that the selling price of the game doesn't include any client usage promoting extras?