It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have no way of checking this, since I don't own the game:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/s/WCQeGyY80v

Issue:
Livestream 2 opens up the Steam client when trying to load. No access if offline.

Is anyone here able to check?
Thank you for reporting it. To clarify, according to the report this concerns the offline installer. Can someone who owns the game please check, whether the offline version works offline or not?
Lifthrasil: Thank you for reporting it. To clarify, according to the report this concerns the offline installer. Can someone who owns the game please check, whether the offline version works offline or not?
Offline installer files and Galaxy installer files should usually be identical. The Galaxy files are used to create the OL installer. Unfortunately I don't own the game myself so I can't test it but I am curious as well if others can confirm this.
DubConqueror: I wonder if we got another potential candidate for DRM on GOG? I received this news about Ghostrunner 2 in a newsletter from GOG:

<...>

Will these extra's be available as DRM free downloads or will they only be available for Galaxy? I have zilch interest in Ghostrunner 2, but someone who does buy the game might report?
All Pre-order bonuses are available offline.
Attachments:
DubConqueror: I wonder if we got another potential candidate for DRM on GOG? I received this news about Ghostrunner 2 in a newsletter from GOG:

<...>

Will these extra's be available as DRM free downloads or will they only be available for Galaxy? I have zilch interest in Ghostrunner 2, but someone who does buy the game might report?
SargonAelther: All Pre-order bonuses are available offline.
Great! I worried for nothing. :-)

<...>

Cool ... sth. CDPR was unable to do. The quadra car for preorders of Phamtom Liberty is still not available as separate offline DLC :(
Post edited October 31, 2023 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: Cool ... sth. CDPR was unable to do. The quadra car for preorders of Phamtom Liberty is still not available as separate offline DLC :(
And there is nothing stopping CDPR from making those. They could just do a simple 5MB "unlocker", like GR2 here and regain the good will, but nooooo.
MarkoH01: Cool ... sth. CDPR was unable to do. The quadra car for preorders of Phamtom Liberty is still not available as separate offline DLC :(
SargonAelther: And there is nothing stopping CDPR from making those. They could just do a simple 5MB "unlocker", like GR2 here and regain the good will, but nooooo.
We really should remind Mr. Clown that GOG wanted to fix this ... a few weeks ago.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by 저기
ThatGuyWithTheThing: Issue:
Livestream 2 opens up the Steam client when trying to load.
저기: The game files of Gog version are identical to Steam version's. To play the Gog version, the game must also be in Steam library.
Have you tried this? Does the game really not launch if you don't own it on Steam?
저기: The game files of Gog version are identical to Steam version's. To play the Gog version, the game must also be in Steam library.
MarkoH01: Have you tried this? Does the game really not launch if you don't own it on Steam?
Ah please disregard.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by 저기
high rated
Lifthrasil: OK. I'll put up a warning. This doesn't appear to be intentional DRM, but 'only' neglect of the offline installers. But it acts effectively as accidental DRM, which GOG or the dev decided not to fix (yet).
The issue with Dungeon of the ENDLESS - Definitive Edition has been fixed with version 1.1.5.1. :)
Post edited November 02, 2023 by Hustlefan
high rated
From the OP:

"Fishing: North Atlantic - Scallops Expansion. - does not work without Galaxy. In other words: this DLC is COMPLETELY DRM-ED! Update 08/2022: GOG said that it was fixed, but it's only partially. The DLC can be installed and played offline, but it still requires Galaxy running in the background to be recognized as installed. So while the online DRM is gone, the Galaxy dependency is not. "

Since this DLC today has received another update it might be worth to check it again.
Post edited November 02, 2023 by MarkoH01
Lifthrasil: OK. I'll put up a warning. This doesn't appear to be intentional DRM, but 'only' neglect of the offline installers. But it acts effectively as accidental DRM, which GOG or the dev decided not to fix (yet).
Hustlefan: The issue with Dungeon of the ENDLESS - Definitive Edition has been fixed with version 1.1.5.1. :)
Great! That is good news. Thank you!

MarkoH01: From the OP:

"Fishing: North Atlantic - Scallops Expansion. - does not work without Galaxy. In other words: this DLC is COMPLETELY DRM-ED! Update 08/2022: GOG said that it was fixed, but it's only partially. The DLC can be installed and played offline, but it still requires Galaxy running in the background to be recognized as installed. So while the online DRM is gone, the Galaxy dependency is not. "

Since this DLC today has received another update it might be worth to check it again.
That is true, thank you..
@all: can someone who owns the game check, whether the Galaxy dependency is gone?
Post edited November 03, 2023 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: @all: can someone who owns the game check, whether the Galaxy dependency is gone?
I will try tomorrow.