It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Syphon72: Looks like one the blues read the comments about Ai with DOW 2. They will look into issue Monday.
So I'll wait for Tuesday to see whether the blues report anything. If not, I'll put it on the list on Wednesday.
Magnitus: fyi, for Endless Space 2: https://www.gog.com/forum/endless_space_2/how_to_change_username_for_the_offlinbe_installer

Not a fix coming from the devs, but a workaround users can do to change their player name offline.

Will still rate the game 1-2 stars once I get around to playing it if the devs don't fix it though, but at least now I consider it fully playable. Will also have to firewall the spyware (aka telemetry).
And something stored in a plain XML file, so text, was coded to require a client to change? Just... wow...
Following this.
Seems to be more than just skirmish behind DRM for Dawn of War 2 - https://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_40000_dawn_of_war/gog_galaxy_only_multiplayer_what
high rated
Lifthrasil: @all: can someone confirm?
Skirmish is accessed through the Multiplayer menu, which is greyed out and inaccessible for me (not a Galaxy user)
Attachments:
mainmenu.jpg (248 Kb)
Post edited July 09, 2023 by maxpoweruser
I think it got lost in the shuffle, but Tempest should be on this list. It currently crashes at startup when run without Galaxy. Per a response I received from Support, this is a known issue currently being investigated but it is not fixed yet and I was not given any timetable on it being fixed.

Right now, the only way to access the previous version (which worked without Galaxy) is to use Galaxy to get access to the "rollback feature" and get the offline installer that way. So the solution to the game not working without Galaxy is to "just use Galaxy"(tm) to get an older version of the game that works without Galaxy.
rjbuffchix: I think it got lost in the shuffle, but Tempest should be on this list. It currently crashes at startup when run without Galaxy. Per a response I received from Support, this is a known issue currently being investigated but it is not fixed yet and I was not given any timetable on it being fixed.

Right now, the only way to access the previous version (which worked without Galaxy) is to use Galaxy to get access to the "rollback feature" and get the offline installer that way. So the solution to the game not working without Galaxy is to "just use Galaxy"(tm) to get an older version of the game that works without Galaxy.
It's nice of galaxy to give you two options here. I guess that's why it's called optional.
rjbuffchix: I think it got lost in the shuffle, but Tempest should be on this list. It currently crashes at startup when run without Galaxy. Per a response I received from Support, this is a known issue currently being investigated but it is not fixed yet and I was not given any timetable on it being fixed.

I'll put it on the list. Thank you!
rjbuffchix: Right now, the only way to access the previous version (which worked without Galaxy) is to use Galaxy to get access to the "rollback feature" and get the offline installer that way. So the solution to the game not working without Galaxy is to "just use Galaxy"(tm) to get an older version of the game that works without Galaxy.
Just for clarification: are you saying that it is possible to get an older offline installer using the rollback feature? That would be news to me ... or did I misunderstand you here?
Post edited July 11, 2023 by MarkoH01
rjbuffchix: Right now, the only way to access the previous version (which worked without Galaxy) is to use Galaxy to get access to the "rollback feature" and get the offline installer that way. So the solution to the game not working without Galaxy is to "just use Galaxy"(tm) to get an older version of the game that works without Galaxy.
MarkoH01: Just for clarification: are you saying that it is possible to get an older offline installer using the rollback feature? That would be news to me ... or did I misunderstand you here?
I apologize, I must have misspoke. You're right, I'm pretty positive now that you say that, the Galaxy rollback doesn't give an offline installer, it just gives "an installation." I have never used it nor do I plan to, so I guess I was speaking in terms of wishful thinking... sorry for the confusion.
high rated
OK, GOG's solution to the DRM on skirmishes in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is now officially to update the product page to inform customers that skirmishes require Galaxy. In other words: at least some modicum of honesty, but no intent of removing that DRM.
Seems relevant:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/post3964
Weird case, since the Steam version does not have this problem anymore. I did a short internet search and it seems, that skirmishes were also dependent on an internet connection in a past Steam version. But that was patched and now skirmishes work offline in the Steam version. But that patch apparently never made it to GOG.

So this is probably accidental and more a second class thing, but accidental DRM is still DRM. I'll put it on the list for now, but hope that the patch will eventually make its way to GOG
Lifthrasil: Weird case, since the Steam version does not have this problem anymore. I did a short internet search and it seems, that skirmishes were also dependent on an internet connection in a past Steam version. But that was patched and now skirmishes work offline in the Steam version. But that patch apparently never made it to GOG.

So this is probably accidental and more a second class thing, but accidental DRM is still DRM. I'll put it on the list for now, but hope that the patch will eventually make its way to GOG
The game is probably outdated compared to the steam version. Since they half ass the GOG version.
high rated
Lifthrasil: OK, GOG's solution to the DRM on skirmishes in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is now officially to update the product page to inform customers that skirmishes require Galaxy. In other words: at least some modicum of honesty, but no intent of removing that DRM.
GOG added offline skirmishes to Dawn of War 2 now.