It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarnicus: I've always wondered how the game appears to those who are not familiar with it. Once you get the gist of the basic rules, watching good batting and bowling can be quite exciting.
requested: To be honest I came in contact with cricket during a World Cup while I was in South Africa. The people I stayed with were kind enough to explain everything to me, otherwise it'd probably have taken much more time for me to get the hang of it.

But once you understand it it really is exciting. And kinda addicting :D

Rugby on the other hand was much easier to understand but a bit boring to me. No offence, it's just personal taste I guess.
No offence taken whatsoever, especially given that I am not a fan of any form of Rugby or "rugger buggers" as my college English professor referred to them as :P If I want combat in my sport, I'll engage in the closest form of it, which is full contact sparring. I wasn't allowed to play rugby when I was young as I had surgeon for a father who saw many injuries in children from it. So I gravitated towards cricket. I still managed to knock myself out one game as I never wore a helmet. The ball was swinging through the air quick significantly, and I edged it straight into my face and split my lip open. It was a men's cricket game and my girlfriend at the time was watching, and she came running out to the field.

The captain suggested that I should retire hurt and I remember asking (whilst concussed) "Will I get to bat again?" and he said probably not and asked me if I was okay. I lied and said I was fine. Gotta love the "invincible" feeling being 20 years old. I could barely see as I was very dizzy, and the next ball the bowler tried to do the same thing. I belted the ball over his head for 4 and everyone in the stand watching cheered wildly. It was one of my favourite moments. The following over I was bowled out. I was still concussed and actually relieved to go off the field. In my mind, I had my revenge! lol
Tarnicus: I am surprised and pleased to see so much cricket talk on a gaming forum based in Poland with such a high number of American and European members :)
It's a great pleasure for me to discover this kind of things. Even with the web, other cultures and "real-life" of other countries inhabitants is still a lot unknown from one country to one other (I would say too much unknown).
stg83: It sure feels like more then 8 hours sometimes though during those slow boring middle overs. ;)
huN73R: Yes and those fans take it way too seriously. Had a friend almost punch me when I said that a certain someone doesn't deserve a Bharat Ratna (highest civilian award bestowed by Republic of India)
Wow that is intense. Then again a lot of Aussies take sport way too seriously too! It is a game, and should be fun :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: If you want it answer the following question: How do you have to arrange blocks in Blocks that matter?
LordCinnamon: tetronimoes!
Correct.

For those who don't know what that is: Tetronimoes are the block shapes used in the game Tetris.

PM incoming.
Maxvorstadt: Snooker is really an interesting game, I alsways watch it when it comes on Eurosport. Would be geil if GoG had a snooker game in its catalogue.
I just can`t get enuff of watching Judd Trump, Ding Junhui, Ronnie O Sullivan and those other Snookerplayers!
Turtlesaur: i play snooker (or is it pool? idk) often and its really fun game, to play. But i tried watching it once and i was bored to tears. Heck i even find pc snooker rather boring, i guess its missing that part where you can taunt/insult/mock (you chose it) ur friends with how good you are and how awful they were. and stuff. thats what makes snooker interesting... sort of :P
I guess you are playing pool. A hint:
Snooker is basically the same as pool, but totally different!
LordCinnamon: tetronimoes!
Geralt_of_Rivia: Correct.

For those who don't know what that is: Tetronimoes are the block shapes used in the game Tetris.

PM incoming.
+1 BTM is a great game...except for those Big Mama levels.
Hey people, I'm back to drive you crazy while complaining every next game is not Dragonfall! Well, until it is.
And finally things seems to speed up slightly with Bird Story, not a sprinter certainly, but not a rheumatic three legged turtle either.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Correct.

PM incoming.
cool, I finally got a critical hit this sale, indirect though it may be :D
Thanks a lot, I'm going to play this right away!
EDIT: yesss it includes the soundtrack. Awesome.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by LordCinnamon
Splatsch: I was meaning in television ;) Here I never heard of only a cricket match to be showed on TV, only this should be hard (so speaking of a "real-life" match...). Seems really interesting to take a look at least once if I can !
160km/h. This sport is... impressive (and fascinating).
You can find old matches on YouTube and other video sites and there are sites that stream them live. 18 runs off 1 ball is probably the most amazing thing that I have seen in cricket. With a normal legal delivery, the most that can be scored from 1 ball is 6 runs by hitting it over the fence or rope on the full. If a ball isn't a legal delivery, ie wide or no-ball, meaning bowled too wide, too high, the fielders aren't adhering to fielding restrictions or the bowler oversteps the crease when bowling, 1 run is scored and the ball has to be bowled again. More can be scored from a wide or no-ball if the batsmen run or it goes to the fence.

Edit: that wasn't the clip I was thinking of. Here is the full over where 38 runs were scored. This was the most amazing finish with 12 runs to win off 1 ball. Enjoy cricket affectionados :)
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Tarnicus
high rated
Howdy everyone,

Cheers to ElTerprise for the latest list, and to Ominousrobot for the spot-on pic!

Hope there were lots of critical hits and happy peeps while I was gone.
Shadowrun will be next (hope so).
Oh my, fresh games didn't even hit round 3 I see? This must have been a long night.
This is not Dragonfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ElTerprise: These are left in the second run:

Astebreed (-75%)
Banner Saga, The (-60%)
Broken Age Season Pass (-67%)
Cognition: Game of the Year Edition (-80%)
Din's Curse (-75%)
Freedom Planet (-67%)
FTL: Advanced Edition (-75%)
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - 20th Anniversary Edition (-60%)
Halfway (-70%)
Inquisitor (-85%)
Last Federation, The (-75%)
QUBE Director's Cut (-80%)
Raven, The: Legacy of a Master Thief (-85%)
Rayman Origins (-75%)
Risen (-80%)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (-60%)
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure (-80%)
The Gamers: Dorkness Rising {movie} (-75%)
Thanks. Will try to keep track of this during work. Fortunately A Bird Story went pretty fast.