It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ah, Anomaly Defenders is in the orange zone now, at last.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Maxvorstadt
requested: Football Manager and 2K Sports games are pretty good
stg83: Fifa the main sports game franchise is still pretty good actually
Maybe I should give them a try one day... If I think about it, I don't even know why I stopped playing them oO
Been away for some while. I'am guessing no more Wasteland 2 and Dead State?
Tarnicus: I have no idea of what signal I can pick up where I am headed. It is very isolated. Listening to it on the radio with kangaroos and snakes would be a nice change lol
stg83: Haha....yeah, that would be quite a crowd to cheer along with. :P
If Australia isn't winning, then I could boo and the snakes could hiss :P
Leroux: The Fresh section is severely lagging behind. :/
It is an Anomaly that needs to be rectified by GOG, giving the masses what they want instead of providing them with what they think they need. ;)
Ominousrobot: This cricket talk is great, i usually only watch the T20 matches as well, but the world cup has had some quite exciting matches just in the first round, the match between NZ and Aussie was a nail biter right to the finish. There should be even more drama once we get into the knockout games
Splatsch: Are a lot of people watching this kind of matchs like here for football ?
Yes - the cricket world cup is quite popular here at the moment, but as a super popular sport, not so much. also you would probably fit all the NZ cricket supporters into one of your giant football stadiums so there is that to take into consideration too
karac: Been away for some while. I'am guessing no more Wasteland 2 and Dead State?
Here is a list, what we will see:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post9449

And here is a live list of all games, that were/are on sale:
http://birdiesoft.dk/insomniaspring2015.php?loc=DK_EUR
Tarnicus: If Australia isn't winning, then I could boo and the snakes could hiss :P
Hahaha....I can picture that in my head, watching too many old cartoon and animated movies is to blame for that. :D
real.geizterfahr: Maybe I should give them a try one day... If I think about it, I don't even know why I stopped playing them oO
I'd say its probably because you can't take the timeout to play with your friends together at the same place anymore. Since these games are best enjoyed while playing Couch Coop. :)
Post edited March 05, 2015 by stg83
Splatsch: Are a lot of people watching this kind of matchs like here for football ?
Ominousrobot: Yes - the cricket world cup is quite popular here at the moment, but as a super popular sport, not so much. also you would probably fit all the NZ cricket supporters into one of your giant football stadiums so there is that to take into consideration too
Ahah ^^ Ok I see :)
Tarnicus: No there is a time limit for all forms of the game. As mentioned earlier, there is an "over rate restriction" in the limited over forms of the game (20 and 50) and they have to bowl all overs in the allotted timeframe or the team gets a fine. Game can be interrupted by weather, in particular rain, and then the number of overs are reduced. For example, one team might bowl their 50 over and then it rains. The team batting second might only have 30 overs of batting and the score they need is reduced, using a convoluted mathematical equation that no-one understands lol.

Test matches last for 5 days, and can often end in a draw! Each team gets 2 opportunities to bat. Test matches can be both very exciting and very boring, depending on the result. It is the sort of cricket to leave on in the background whilst doing something else and watch the beginning, the highlights and the end if close.
Splatsch: Okay, thanks for explanation ! (even if for me it's mainly "theory"). I hope to be able to see at least a part of a match one day, to see a little what it looks like :)
It is much more difficult to view live than on television. I remember seeing the West Indies play Australia many years ago, and I was positioned on the side of the field (rather than the overhead view seen on TV). The bowlers bowl so fast that you can barely see the ball, especially with my red/green colour-blindness. I find the white ball much easier to see. Bowlers can bowl as fast as 160km/hr (100 miles) these days.
karac: Been away for some while. I'am guessing no more Wasteland 2 and Dead State?
opeter2: Here is a list, what we will see:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post9449

And here is a live list of all games, that were/are on sale:
http://birdiesoft.dk/insomniaspring2015.php?loc=DK_EUR
Thank you!
real.geizterfahr: Maybe I should give them a try one day... If I think about it, I don't even know why I stopped playing them oO
Probably can't hurt^^
In my opinion sports games are almost always better when played with friends in front of a tv. Sure it an be fun to play them alone or online against strangers, but sitting together having a blast can't be topped.

Football Manager on the other hand didn't gain much when I played it with a friend online. All those statistics to evaluate and decisions to make can take their time, and if your'e not talking over VOIP it can be quite a drag. But that's just my opinion.
just 4 anomaly left, if you act quickly you could still grab your copy (yes, you, im talking to you!).
Turtlesaur: FM 2015 does suck, its pretty much just reskinned football manager 2014, because sega has no serious competition there.
Not serious, yes, but there is some competition.

stg83: Its obvious that you haven't played the games because they are improving constantly evolving to bring it closer to the real game and requires some skill and practice to become good at it. There is even a Fifa Football game World Cup every few years in which players employ tactics to beat their opponents. The casual World Cup edition of Fifa is aimed for the audience that you are referring to actually. :)
Never have, never will. I despise and loathe sport games and football ones in particular with the fury of a thousand suns. Try to imagine an inquisitor seeing the emprah's holy visage defaced with a doodle moustache and you will have an idea of the unbridled rage I feel towards them.

Or in this picture.
Splatsch: Okay, thanks for explanation ! (even if for me it's mainly "theory"). I hope to be able to see at least a part of a match one day, to see a little what it looks like :)
iangold: I'm getting curious too now. Hey, I managed to get into SC2 sports somewhat; besides that my natural interest in sports sits close to zero.

ETA: Forgot snooker, which I'm partial to!
I'm a keen snooker and pool player, part of spending way too much time in pubs when I was younger. I find the hand/eye and mathematical skills requires in snooker and cricket cross-over, with the main difference being cricket requires very good reflexes (and fitness!).