It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shendue: We should get a "I survived the Keaning" badge for it or something like that.
kimyeongtae: I was at Tokyo Disneyland with my children when the Keane incident occurred. I thought sale-watching insomnia would help time go by while we waiting for rides, but KEANE!!!! Combining those wait times with Keane was like some kind of cruel torture.
Indeed.
I'd like to visit Tokyo, i've always planned to visit japan, since bits of japanese culture are very widespread in Italy due to anime and mangas being popular here since the 70s. My generation (i'm 36) basically grew up feeding on classic japanese animation. Stuff like Rocky Joe, Tiger Mask, Captain Tsubasa, Captain Harlock, etc.
My cousin, who is a physicist, also worked in japan at the Waseda university for a couple years after he graduated and told me wonders about your country. I'd love to see it.
CarrionCrow: Jack Keane 2 took over 5 hours to sell 100 copies. It went at a pace that was absolutely glacial, and did its best to drive everyone watching completely out of their minds.
Crewdroog: i wish it was possible to read the old reviews that were posted. i read through them last insomnia sale. they were amazing.
Here's one of the best (as quoted by another user):
I should preface this by saying that I've been having a lot of trouble with my son. Recently, he's discovered the wide world of the internet as well as computer gaming, and he hasn't been listening to his mother or myself at all.
Jack Keane, your Fire Within has cleansed my son of all desire to turn on a computer from this day forth! He cleaned his room, did the dishes, and wept as he said his prayers. When I asked what brought about the change, he screamed through the raining tears, "JACK KEANE! JACK KEANE!"
Bless you, Jack Keane...
Source: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post10988
Crap, I had a fixed list of the games I still wanted to buy in this promo:

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - 20th Anniversary Edition
Halfway
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Terraria
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

And then this game, Shadowgate , that I have never heard of comes on so I check the video and bang I'm $5.99 poorer.
I justified it by telling myself that I might miss some of the games on my list or change my mind about Tesla Effect, or get a critical maybe.

Stupid promo.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by justanoldgamer
djdarko: Shadowgate looks very tempting. Does it compare to the original NES version?
zlep: Apparently, yes. But they've also added a couple of easier difficulty levels with simpler puzzles for those who aren't up to the true Shadowgate experience.

The company that did it seems very genuine about not mucking too much with the originals.
Yeah, seems to be a worthwhile effort.

djdarko: Shadowgate looks very tempting. Does it compare to the original NES version?
Tekkaman-James: There is a retro mode that you can toggle back and forth between that has all the classic NES music and screen transitions while also putting a pixel-y filter on the visuals. All the main parts of the NES game are there, but they also really expanded on the areas and puzzles as well as adding more of a narrative than the NES version had (well, without reading the manual). At this price, it is a steal.
I grabbed it! All that extra content can't be passed up at that sweet low price. In reality, if the game ever gets any cheaper, it could only got up to $3 cheaper @ 90% discount, which is very rare anyway.
Thanks for the input about Dead State! :)

Luned: I finally got a crit for The 11th Hour. Not as cool as Shadowgate since I've got a hard copy of it, but appreciated nonetheless!
I've seen other people speak of getting a crit. Does this mean, every time we buy a game, we get a change of getting a free game?

Thanks
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Augmenti
Shendue: We should get a "I survived the Keaning" badge for it or something like that.
jackster79: Agreed! Plus 100000 to you sir! No one who was there will ever forget it.
I still remember going to sleep with Keane up then wake up and Keane was still running strong:) I spent most of morning reading the funny reviews:)
When exactly will insomnia wrap up? I mean the promo, my sleeplessness is another story...
Ok, tomorrow there's a special day at the Kindergarten and if I bring my daughter late in a few hours she's going to be mad at me.. and it's already 3:50 here.

So the question is, can someone be on the lookout for Dragonfall for me? I'll make it up to them, financially or with another game. I slept 3 hours past nights, so tomorrow I might just need a gigantic nap... and miss it.
I'll wait to see what's after shadowgate and be off.
i swear this promo has become a game in itself. i haven't played an actual game since it started lol
Augmenti: Thanks for the input about Dead State! :)

Luned: I finally got a crit for The 11th Hour. Not as cool as Shadowgate since I've got a hard copy of it, but appreciated nonetheless!
Augmenti: I've seen other people speak of getting a crit. Does this mean, every time we buy a game, we get a change of getting a free game?

Thanks
The first time you click the "buy now" button you have the chance to win a free game, it will say you got a critical hit :)
kimyeongtae: I was at Tokyo Disneyland with my children when the Keane incident occurred. I thought sale-watching insomnia would help time go by while we waiting for rides, but KEANE!!!! Combining those wait times with Keane was like some kind of cruel torture.
Shendue: Indeed.
I'd like to visit Tokyo, i've always planned to visit japan, since bits of japanese culture are very widespread in Italy due to anime and mangas being popular here since the 70s. My generation (i'm 36) basically grew up feeding on classic japanese animation. Stuff like Rocky Joe, Tiger Mask, Captain Tsubasa, Captain Harlock, etc.
My cousin, who is a physicist, also worked in japan at the Waseda university for a couple years after he graduated and told me wonders about your country. I'd love to see it.
Well, actually I'm Korean living in Japan for 10 years (a third of my life!). I pass by the subway station for Waseda on my way to work every day (I'm a school teacher....at a high school, not Waseda unfortunately). You should definitely come sometime - no place on earth has better service and hospitality - even at a place like McDonald's or convenience store people are unbelievably polite. And also excellent place if you like Japanese gaming like Nintendo (I like Phoenix Wright too!)
I need people to stop going to sleep and being responsible and all that junk and start buying these games. LOL

11th Hour is taking TOO long.
Augmenti: I"m a bit confused by days and cycles, will Dead State come up again... if so, any way to calculate approximately when?

Thanks
In the "Fresh"-Section there are about 22 games to come. Then the games in that section will start to repeat itself in a scrambled order. Somwhere in there is the final chance to get Dead State. I wouldn't reckon with it till about today evening.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by The_Blog
Augmenti: Thanks for the input about Dead State! :)

Augmenti: I've seen other people speak of getting a crit. Does this mean, every time we buy a game, we get a change of getting a free game?

Thanks
Click on Buy Now. There's a chance you'll see a message for Critical Hit, and price will say FREE. If you don't get a crit, you csn change your mind & not complete the purchase. So click on anything that interests you.
jakob187: I need people to stop going to sleep and being responsible and all that junk and start buying these games. LOL

11th Hour is taking TOO long.
Just be glad it wasn't 1000 copies, otherwise it would have literally taken 11 hours! :-)