It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

apehater: ok then i'll stop showering from now on, to be prepared for smell-o-matic
mcleodone: Well will take a long time to find someone for a coop game eh?
;-)
Well, it will be more some kind of stink-off game!
CharlesGrey: Thanks everyone -- Any idea how long it will take for the third round to start, on the "fresh" side? A few hours still? And are the games in a completely random order, or is there some pattern to it?
Definitly a few hours untill the next round starts.
Mister-Gosh: Smugglers... This is not Dragonfall.
Maxvorstadt: Zwick mi, I glaab I draam!
Des derf net woar sei, wo samma dahaam?!?
Oba Zwicken huift mir nix, I steh daneb`n.
Kannt mir vielleicht oana a Watsch`n geb`n?
Danke, jetzt is mir kloar: Es is woar, es is woar!
That is not German ;)
the.kuribo: ...Except it's not actually a tablet/smartphone game at all. It was developed for the PS3 initially and thus for controller pad. However, it also controls very well with just a keyboard (but not so good for mouse/touch).

See, it gets written off for something it's not because you have an incorrect assumption about it and have never tried it.

it's actually a very good game if you give it a try. Definitely higher production values than most tower defense games, that's for sure.
Matruchus: It also has a problem that it looks like a cheap android game. Not that that's bad but the reason why I never will buy it.
Well, I find it ironic that an actual cheap flash / android game which was ported to PC (kingdom rush) gets so much more love and praise here than pixeljunk monsters does, and IMO monsters has much higher production values and was developed for a console at a time when cheap cranked out indie games weren't really a thing.

I guess the visuals just don't translate well to marketing the game on pc.

But really, for $1.00 it's a steal for this game and I think if more people gave it a shot they'd be surprised at the depth and design. I'm particularly fond of the music, which is an atmospheric sort of melodic IDM thing going on.
MarkoH01: That is not German ;)
You are right that is Boarisch :)
*Laser-Watsch'n*

For something completely different, Indiana Jones wasn't marked as "owned" for me, even though I already bought it. Is that a common bug?
Kein Hochdeutsch. Aber Plattdeutsch würd ich schätzen.
apehater: ok then i'll stop showering from now on, to be prepared for smell-o-matic
mcleodone: Well will take a long time to find someone for a coop game eh?
;-)
i was actually thinking the opposite way, aside from people who will especially look out for this kind of smell experience, there should be no one rejecting a resident evil coop with horrible smell, its a big bonus to the horror experience :-)
CharlesGrey: *Laser-Watsch'n*

For something completely different, Indiana Jones wasn't marked as "owned" for me, even though I already bought it. Is that a common bug?
Yes.
And in just a few hours:
"Aufstehen, der Kaffee ist fertig"
deleted
Post edited March 05, 2015 by the_voivod
CharlesGrey: Thanks everyone -- Any idea how long it will take for the third round to start, on the "fresh" side? A few hours still? And are the games in a completely random order, or is there some pattern to it?
So far the Fresh side has loosely followed the original order again (with two exceptions, Signal Ops and Legend of Grimrock repeated very early), but the Seasoned side went pretty wacky towards the end of its second round, so it's hard to tell what will happen.

In any case, we're 49 of 77 games into the Fresh side's second round, and it has already taken 28 hours...considering we're moving into the slowest part of the day now, I think it's safe to say we're going to be in the second round for another 12+ hours, perhaps much more even.
the.kuribo: Well, I find it ironic that an actual cheap flash / android game which was ported to PC (kingdom rush) gets so much more love and praise here than pixeljunk monsters does, and IMO monsters has much higher production values and was developed for a console at a time when cheap cranked out indie games weren't really a thing.

I guess the visuals just don't translate well to marketing the game on pc.

But really, for $1.00 it's a steal for this game and I think if more people gave it a shot they'd be surprised at the depth and design. I'm particularly fond of the music, which is an atmospheric sort of melodic IDM thing going on.
To be fair I did not buy Kingdom Rush too since its an android game. I just don't like the android visual style + controls.

Im waiting for a real tower defense game --> Defense Grid.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Matruchus
I googled it (a part of it) and it's a song but the spelling is.. well, I studied german a long time ago and the words just seem off.
The_Blog: Kein Hochdeutsch. Aber Plattdeutsch würd ich schätzen.
Es ist, soweit ich weiß, von einem Österreicher, also eine Abart des Bayrischen!