It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

opeter2: Is Alan Wake any good?

Because I did read the reviews on GOG and many says, the controls are akward and this is actually not a game, but rather an interactive movie or such.

What do you say?
If I'm not mistaken it's by the same guy(s) who did Max Payne and it's showing in that there's a focus on storytelling (including little shows on TV sets you pass). And the story seems quite cool. The gameplay I couldn't really get into though; if you're not walking, talking to people or collecting Thermos bottles of coffee, you're running from checkpoint to checkpoint, trying to get rid of ghostly attackers that you can only kill by pointing your flashlight on them until they get vulnerable and then shoot them. Both batteries for your flashlight and ammunition are very limited resources, so you can imagine how frustrating it can get when you're assaulted by large groups. Often running is a better choice than fighting, but you're not that fast either. If that sounds like fun to you, or not too bad, then it's worth a try, at least for the story.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Leroux
opeter2: Is Alan Wake any good?

Because I did read the reviews on GOG and many says, the controls are akward and this is actually not a game, but rather an interactive movie or such.

What do you say?
I really enjoyed it. I also felt it was incomplete.

Nonetheless, it scared me, had an amazing cinematic feel to it, and had some interesting gameplay mechanics (namely, limited ammo, light to break the "shields" of the enemies). It's very, very linear.
huN73R: Sorry, I didn't see the link and many people were asking about the games they missed. I did the same thing they did. lol
S'okay, threads are like fine print - not every has the patience to read the whole thing when they want an immediate answer. :)
I just noticed that the bot lists Shadowrun : Dragonfall, but it is lacking from Sinistar's list.

As that's more or less the only game really interesting me, can someone confirm it's in the sale ?
Damn I have to go. Shadowrun Dragonfall and Doorkickers, please wait ^^
Will be back in an hour or so.
maz.588: I just noticed that the bot lists Shadowrun : Dragonfall, but it is lacking from Sinistar's list.

As that's more or less the only game really interesting me, can someone confirm it's in the sale ?
Yep both Shadowruns are on the sale and no its not missing in Sinistar's list. You have to look at day two list.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Matruchus
maz.588: I just noticed that the bot lists Shadowrun : Dragonfall, but it is lacking from Sinistar's list.

Shadowrun : Dragonfall is on sale!
IAmSinistar: Yes, it also harkens back to tactical shooters like Laser Squad. I'm ambivalent about getting it for myself, as the game mechanic is interesting but I'm not enamoured of the militarisation of the police. Turning our officers into mini Judge Dredds has not worked out well for America.
Hear hear! And in Australia, we are getting armed security guards in expensive private schools :(
I'm gonna leave work in a couple of hours, is someone so kind to buy me a copy of wasteland 2. i'll pay it tomorrow as soon as i'll be back to work..
that's just because i've no connection at home at this time..
Post edited March 04, 2015 by qwerty_84
Ruixi: Anyone know when this promo will end?

Still no freebies :( Do I have to go sacrificing little children to increase my luck stats?
Puppies and kittens will serve as a good substitute.

Matruchus: Yep both Shadowruns are on the sale and no its not missing in Sinistar's list. You have to look at day two list.
My bad, I thought the first post was exhaustive, and it is in fact only day one.
Does anybody know, if Inquisitor will be back on the third day? I missed it because of browser problems :(
Thanks bastien and leroux for your answers :)
Confession time: Anyone else take their phone/tablet with them on bathroom breaks to make sure you don't miss anything?
Oddeus: Does anybody know, if Inquisitor will be back on the third day? I missed it because of browser problems :(
Its going to be on for three times in the sale so definitely yes.